BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #177
DCC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Run View Post
I'm just sad that you cant get old style stick-it-in-and-turn-it ignition keys.
I hear you lound and clear...but BMW is deaf on this
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #178
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCC View Post
Nope, E36 M3 4 door ran for 2 model years 1997 and 1998 (short model year) and the E46 sedan was introduced as a 1999 model year car in June 2008.
Yes, my memory failed me on that one. It was a late intro for the E36 M3 sedan, not an early out-ro. I think what I was remembering was the fact that it exited a year before the coupe and convertible, which of course will happen this time around too due to the F30/31 preceding the F32/F33 by a year (standard 3 series tiered body-style release schedule).

In any case, there have been rumors over the past couple years of an early demise for the E90 M3 sedan due to poor sales. They are just that though - rumors. As I said earlier, I don't see a compelling reason for the car to make an early exit. I'm sure they make money on the sedans even if they were to only sell a few hundred per year.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #179
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Run View Post
I'm also SOOO tempted by the iPod/iPhone integration features. Since I keep my cars roughly 6-8 years, all of these tech features look embarassingly outdated 3-5 years later.
I was going to bring that one up too, but didn't want to further rain on your parade. It's definitely nice if you have an iPod or even just some MP3s on a memory stick. As for being outdated, well, it won't look any more dated than the rest of the radio UI (which - lets be honest - looks dated even when brand new ).
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #180
Milk Run
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 6MT Melb Red

Garage List
Gadgets in Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
... it won't look any more dated than the rest of the radio UI (which - lets be honest - looks dated even when brand new ).
German UIs are hilarious. Have you seen the radios they sell at Best Buy these days? They are worse. I bought one for my 10yr old minivan. I want to cover the whole front in electrical tape to stop the blinking and scrolling.

I wish NAD made car stereos.

http://nadelectronics.com/products/t...eo-AM-FM-Tuner
Appreciate 0