BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

01-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Bel-Red Auto Rebuild

Many of you know, I always try to search for the best body shop, detail shop and modifying shop for everyone in the local area.

Since my previous E90 330i, I already tried out more than 7 different body shops. Not only I want to benefit myself. Im also doing it for the local people.

Several of my buddies and myself tried out Bel-Red Auto Rebuild for a few times now. Price is not the cheapest, but at least they does a great work and provide a good customer service. Bel-Red Auto Rebuild does a lot of repair and paint works on high end vehicles. If you ever drive pass them, you may see many high end vehicles parked right infront of it.

Spoke with the owner Rich@Bel-Red Auto Rebuild. Start from now on, any person mention my name Johnny Lin for future referral. They will cut you with a better deal. Not sure what the deal would be, but Im sure they will take a good care of you.

Bel-Red Auto Rebuild does insurance, repair and paint works.

You may speak either with Rich or their adjuster Mike.

Below are the details of the shop,

http://belredauto.com/

1406 130th Avenue Northeast
Bellevue, WA 98005-2220
(425) 453-5552
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Noted
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Unfortunately someone or something ... put a scratch on my hood ( small but noticeable when close ) *sigh* car isn't even 2 months old yet. Anywhere else and I probably wouldn't have cared.

I'll have to check them out and get a quote. Good looks Johnny.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
Glop
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E93 / 2007 335 coupe

Some assh*le just scratched the left side of my back bumper today in the parking lot. Obviously didn't leave a note

Already called the insurance, and came here looking for a good recommendation for a body shop... So thanks! Now I'll have to pay them a visit!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I took my S2000 there last time and they were horrible. They left off a few of the bolts that held the fender to the body and finally the paint wasn't even dried when they handed me the keys.

Having nice cars parked out front doesn't mean d**k.

You won't ever see me going back there.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukluc View Post
I took my S2000 there last time and they were horrible. They left off a few of the bolts that held the fender to the body and finally the paint wasn't even dried when they handed me the keys.

Having nice cars parked out front doesn't mean d**k.

You won't ever see me going back there.
Thanks for the input. No one is perfect and no company is perfect. Mistake appear, only if you explain and prove their mistakes to them. Im sure they will fix the problems and come out with a solution. Problem is, most people dont try to deal the issues with the shop/ company when there are issues. If we dont say, they dont know.

And no one ever says "parking a bunch nice cars out front a shop means anything, but please dont use those tone in my thread (no offense)." That would be much appreciate.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep

Having nice cars parked out front carries with it no significance in their ability to deal with these vehicles...counter that with "Price is not the cheapest, but at least they does a great work and provide a good customer service"....and you understand my reason for renouncing their abilities.

Is that better

Last edited by tukluc; 01-10-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #8
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Having nice cars parked out front carries with it no significance in their ability to deal with these vehicles...counter that with "Price is not the cheapest, but at least they does a great work and provide a good customer service"....and you understand my reason for renouncing their abilities.

Is that better

Hehehe, thank you. At least, I had a totally difference experiences than you do. Same to a lot of people. Cant just mark them down for one mistake. People always look down or mark the negative to the community/ public for one mistake. I care more of the afterward service and how they would deal issues when it occur. As I been trying many shops in the area already, I had many terrible stories/ works that you wouldnt want to know.

Did you ever contact them and have them fix it for you? Or did you ever notice them?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
tukluc
Private First Class
Rep

As a matter of fact I did contact them and was told that I would have to bring the car back in. However, after having the car for several weeks longer than I was promised and then having seen in person the shoddy workmanship, the last thing I wanted was them to have my vehicle again.

I didn't drive the car once I got it home and therefore allowed the paint to dry and fixed the fender bolts myself.

So "yes" they offered to fix their mistakes but if you keep a vehicle for 3-weeks longer than promised and then rush it out the door (I think they sprayed it the same day as I picked it up)....lets just say it doesn't bode well for their workmanship claims. For what they charge, they should know better.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #10
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
As a matter of fact I did contact them and was told that I would have to bring the car back in. However, after having the car for several weeks longer than I was promised and then having seen in person the shoddy workmanship, the last thing I wanted was them to have my vehicle again.

I didn't drive the car once I got it home and therefore allowed the paint to dry and fixed the fender bolts myself.

So "yes" they offered to fix their mistakes but if you keep a vehicle for 3-weeks longer than promised and then rush it out the door (I think they sprayed it the same day as I picked it up)....lets just say it doesn't bode well for their workmanship claims. For what they charge, they should know better.
Sorry to hear that, I totally feel you. But believe me, I been worse.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #11
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:

Is that better

There are a couple bad stories over at 6speed as well. I would take it to Eurotech in Totem Lake or even Queen City before going to Belred Auto Rebuild. Of course, there's always Haury's in Lake City. I know Johnny didn't have a great experience with them but I have had nothing but good thing to say about them since I moved here.
      01-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
There are a couple bad stories over at 6speed as well. I would take it to Eurotech in Totem Lake or even Queen City before going to Belred Auto Rebuild. Of course, there's always Haury's in Lake City. I know Johnny didn't have a great experience with them but I have had nothing but good thing to say about them since I moved here.
Hehehe, you still remember my terrible experience with Haury's? Good memorize bro
Appreciate 0