BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

Gintani Full Catless X - Pipe / Mufflers - 2nd listen

ran into a M3 today, has full catless gintani exhaust system...i could hear him coming from far far away an man did it sound good...and its amazing cause the exhaust has no raspyness at all...(almost every x pipe system around is quite raspy, and ones that arent that raspy are quiet, like my akrapovic system)... That system is just a clean sound...like a nascar and a ferrari bred a child...low rpm is deep and high rpm screams....i had heard it before, but really got to today.. and got to say thats one of the sickest exhausts there is...too loud for me...but talking sound alone ,the sickest by far!

NAWAZZ...thought this would add to your excitement...i see you post everytime a gintani exhaust is mentioned..
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #2
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

YEAH BABY!!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Great news

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
emesdub
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

i've considered the gintani myself, but it sounds like it may be too loud for me.

sammy, do you think it's louder than an eisenmann race w/ fabspeed hfc's and non-resonated x-pipe?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Is there drone at 2000 RPM and 3000 RPM. A lot of exhaust seem to have a drone at these two RPM's. It makes cruising around town and on the freeway a headache.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

I can't wait for my cat-back Gintani! The full system sounds just sick but I couldn't spend the extra $. Installed my matte black grills and GP Thunders today. The mod bug has officially taken over! Eibachs or H&R springs next for my stock 19's! Decisions decisions! : )

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Bimmer View Post
I can't wait for my cat-back Gintani! The full system sounds just sick but I couldn't spend the extra $. Installed my matte black grills and GP Thunders today. The mod bug has officially taken over! Eibachs or H&R springs next for my stock 19's! Decisions decisions! : )
I just HAD to have the full catless set-up.

I haven't even heard Gintani's rear/full exhaust system in person ever before, but I'm very confident that it'll exceed all my expectations after it's installed.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #8
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emesdub View Post
i've considered the gintani myself, but it sounds like it may be too loud for me.

sammy, do you think it's louder than an eisenmann race w/ fabspeed hfc's and non-resonated x-pipe?
cant say for sure cause ive only heard hear eisenmann race w/ stock x pipe in person....and only seen vids of the eisen race w/ AA and fabspeed x pipe in vids...but i know for a fact that pairing those will be loud...so if your cool with that set up, im sure you would be cool with the full gintani....in my opinion the difference wont be that much..like compairing level 8 volume to level 9
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #9
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
...NAWAZZ...thought this would add to your excitement...i see you post everytime a gintani exhaust is mentioned..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
YEAH BABY!!!!
LOL!

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #10
CT-Bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
I just HAD to have the full catless set-up.

I haven't even heard Gintani's rear/full exhaust system in person ever before, but I'm very confident that it'll exceed all my expectations after it's installed.

Nawaaz.. make sure you post a video so I could be envious of the full system and drool! Aren't many out there for either system...so I keep listening to the same ones on youtube. Like a classic rock song that will never get old!

Mods: Gintani CB | Dinan Intake | Evo Pulley | HRE P40's | Eibach Springs | MS spacers | Matte grills | GP Thunder 7500 | Venture Clear bra
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Bimmer View Post
Nawaaz.. make sure you post a video so I could be envious of the full system and drool! Aren't many out there for either system...so I keep listening to the same ones on youtube. Like a classic rock song that will never get old!
hahaha No worries. I have BIG plans when I make several different vids of how my M3 sounds with Gintani's full catless system.

Don't get upset though, since it may be a while before I get a chance to post them up.

Thanks man!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #12
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
ran into a M3 today, has full catless gintani exhaust system...i could hear him coming from far far away an man did it sound good...and its amazing cause the exhaust has no raspyness at all...(almost every x pipe system around is quite raspy, and ones that arent that raspy are quiet, like my akrapovic system)... That system is just a clean sound...like a nascar and a ferrari bred a child...low rpm is deep and high rpm screams....i had heard it before, but really got to today.. and got to say thats one of the sickest exhausts there is...too loud for me...but talking sound alone ,the sickest by far!

NAWAZZ...thought this would add to your excitement...i see you post everytime a gintani exhaust is mentioned..
Good stuff!!! ur gonna love ur SC kit.

Last edited by niterider; 09-14-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^ Brian, was that you that Sammy was talkin' about??
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

indeed it was..i generally dont mention peoples names...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
indeed it was..i generally dont mention peoples names...
hahaha.....He's like the only other one with the full catless Gintani, I think?

I don't know if Jonmartin has the full set-up or not.....I think he may just have the rear section..
Appreciate 0