BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

03-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

M3 HDD, Organizing Music, Playlists?

I have a question for those of you that use the internal HDD ("Music Collection") to play your music.

I have been using both a USB thumb drive (in the armrest) and the internal HDD to play my music. When using the thumb drive, the interface is easy. If I select an album the tracks are listed in the order that they should appear on the album. Also, there is an option to select any playlists that are saved on the drive.

However, when using the HDD, tracks are listed alphabetically, not in the order that they should appear on the album. Additionally, there is no option to use playlists to play tracks in the correct order.

So, my question is: How do you guys organize/save your music prior to importing so that your tracks are listed in the right order?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Johndoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 sedan

i just download and yes the alphabetical order takes over in Hard drive...i am happy that i can upload songs - easy to browse and select...now if only the damn I Drive in my car did not go crazy, shriek loudly and reboot every 800 miles or so, I would be all set.....
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
golemite
Sleeper
United_States
Rep
Drives: B5 S4/E92 M3

The files on my HD are indexed by album and track order.. so everything seems correct. Might just take a little bit for the system to index everything?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by golemite View Post
The files on my HD are indexed by album and track order.. so everything seems correct. Might just take a little bit for the system to index everything?
I have all of my ID3 tags correct for my files and by playing them through the USB port, the iDrive recognizes those tags and lists the songs correctly, but the HDD does not.

How are your tracks saved on your computer?

For example do you have track numbers at the beginning of the file names?

i.e. 01 - Song #1, 02 - Song #2 etc...?

Is that how you are getting it to work?

Mine are all saved with just the track name and with the correct number listing embedded in the ID3 tag.
Appreciate 0