BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #45
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I merely agreed with kaykay. In terms of ordering, please ask your CA. I have a great CA that I work...Irv at Motorwerks.
Ok, I guess maybe I misunderstood you. I thought that when you said you agreed, you meant his whole post.

I'm not convinced at all that FG can be ordered through Individual in the US. I think that these 30 cars are it for now. Generally you can get any color you want through Individual (pending approval) but this color specifically has been rolled out slowly and seen limited availability in many markets. I expect Frozen Black would be subject to the same limitations as well.

That's Irv as in the well known Irv Robinson, yeah? Perhaps I should just fire him an email and ask about FG.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #46
Genericuser1
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

Let us know what they offer for trade, wondering how far off the typical PP sale it will be.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #47
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Ok, I guess maybe I misunderstood you. I thought that when you said you agreed, you meant his whole post.

I'm not convinced at all that FG can be ordered through Individual in the US. I think that these 30 cars are it for now. Generally you can get any color you want through Individual (pending approval) but this color specifically has been rolled out slowly and seen limited availability in many markets. I expect Frozen Black would be subject to the same limitations as well.

That's Irv as in the well known Irv Robinson, yeah? Perhaps I should just fire him an email and ask about FG.
Yep...that Irv Robinson. He's great, local, and has helped me with ED and non ED sales.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #48
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Not saying you are wrong, but that's not what has been said in the past by people who have placed Individual orders and inquired about this color. Do you mind sharing how you know about the availability of this color?

In any case, if you are correct, we should see some members placing FG Individual orders very soon.
FG is only available on the MY2011, that's why "people in the past" haven't been able to order it. Additionally, FG is must be approved by BMW NA on a case-by-case basis... Frozen black is NOT available to anyone, it was a one-off showroom car.

How do I know? Well, I was about to place an order for a FG E92, but passed because of the waste of money price and the fact that a car should be metallic and not matte - that's why the clearcoat was invented... If you want to stand out for a few months, vinyl wrap the thing.

It's a nice color, but for a few minutes in the showroom.

Finally, I believe that BMW only paints 5 cars / month in FG Individual, so that's 60 cars in FG for the entire MY2011 model year. Could be wrong, but this is what I've heard.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #49
ucla1995
Slow and low
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Yep...that Irv Robinson. He's great, local, and has helped me with ED and non ED sales.
+1,000,000
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #50
technik1
Rep
Drives: Black E92 M3

Frozen is the "customer service"!

Hey there. I was definitely on of the first 30 to call--called 11:30 sharp and on hold for almost 15 miutes. A Mr. Tim Brown took all my info and my desired dealer info. He stated someone would call or email me within 24 hours. I asked for a reservation or reference numer, he stated there is none. Since 24+ hours went by yesterday I called "customer relations" to follow up, they first never heard of a frozen grey limited edition. After putting me on hold, of course told me there is a specific number to call. I told them that number now is just a recording saying that all reservations have been filled. I then asked for "Tim". The customer relations person transfers me to a supervisor that digs a little deeper after I get progressively annoyed with their lack of a system, and he found my interaction with a Tim Brown as well as my current 2010 car. He tranfers me to Tim's voicemail, and I leave a polite message yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).

As of today, Mr. Time Brown has not so much as even returned my phoine call. I think it's unacceptable not to reply at all. Forget the fact that I have owned 8 BMWs, 4 of which were M3s. Even if it were a job interview, I'm sure I would get a courtesy call or a letter saying I didn't get the job.
      06-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #51
technik1
Rep
Drives: Black E92 M3

The old days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Gus from technik1...its been a while since the bear mountain meets! Hope all is well. Congrats on the new car. What are the specs of your 2010?

Hey Chris! Just saw this. Hope you and the family are well. I hope to catch you for a run soon.

It's a Jet black DCT. All options except PDC, ext leath and sun shade. I've got Fabspeed high flow cats/x-pipe. Waiting on their exhaust release next month to complete the system. I've have good relations with them from the Porsche systems I've installed. Talk soon!

G
      06-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #52
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I would never purchase such a color, might look sharp new, however, drive it for 100 miles or so and it will look like hell with all the bugs on it. Then try to take them off not like on a metallic paint ... no never ever would I purchase that mat color.

I do like the seats they do look sharp.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #53
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
FG is only available on the MY2011, that's why "people in the past" haven't been able to order it. Additionally, FG is must be approved by BMW NA on a case-by-case basis...
Ok, cool. But, the thing is, I know that people had inquired about the color for 2011 cars. I guess maybe they just got the wrong dealership or something.

Quote:
Frozen black is NOT available to anyone, it was a one-off showroom car.
Hmm, no, that can't be right. Here's what Bimmerpost says:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348757

Quote:
How do I know? Well, I was about to place an order for a FG E92, but passed because of the waste of money price and the fact that a car should be metallic and not matte - that's why the clearcoat was invented... If you want to stand out for a few months, vinyl wrap the thing.
I'm surprised that you say "a car should be metallic and not matte" since you yourself were "about to place an order for a FG E92". I guess you changed your mind quickly. No big deal, it happens. In any case, the money part is subjective. It's a lot of money for a color, yes, but people are already paying - what $3500? - for a non-matte custom color anyway.

Quote:
Finally, I believe that BMW only paints 5 cars / month in FG Individual, so that's 60 cars in FG for the entire MY2011 model year. Could be wrong, but this is what I've heard.
That would be aside from the 30 units coming to the US then, I think. Because it seems to me they are going to run them all in one batch. Availability is almost immediate, they start this month, and I would be pretty surprised if it was going to be six months for them to run all 30 cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #54
yemenmocha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 335i Msport-PPK, 06 M3

Congrats on your new M3. Can't wait to see your pics!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #55
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik1 View Post
As of today, Mr. Time Brown has not so much as even returned my phoine call. I think it's unacceptable not to reply at all. Forget the fact that I have owned 8 BMWs, 4 of which were M3s. Even if it were a job interview, I'm sure I would get a courtesy call or a letter saying I didn't get the job.
Keep us posted. Let's hope its just some level of misunderstanding.

I hate to say it, because I don't want to sound to negative, but this is the kind of thing I was worried about from BMW NA after seeing the initial press release. It's just the kind of thing we have come to expect from these guys. I just don't get it. Some of the folks from BMW AG on the other side of the pond need to lay the smack down heavy over here.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 08:22 PM   #56
OC Dealman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package

I called in at 11:30 on Monday morning as well. I did not wait on hold at all, they picked up immediately, took my name and information and told me if I qualified, I would get a call back later. I got a call back later that day and was confirmed as one of the 30. If you never received that call back, then my understanding was that you are not on the list. Could be wrong though. You also have to sign the contract within 10 days of the confirmation.

I have read several posts on delivery of ordered M3's. How long did it take from ordering? Does anyone know if the Frozen Grays are already built and in the US?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #57
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #58
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

-

Lucky you - nice car!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #59
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dealman View Post
I called in at 11:30 on Monday morning as well. I did not wait on hold at all, they picked up immediately, took my name and information and told me if I qualified, I would get a call back later. I got a call back later that day and was confirmed as one of the 30. If you never received that call back, then my understanding was that you are not on the list. Could be wrong though. You also have to sign the contract within 10 days of the confirmation.

I have read several posts on delivery of ordered M3's. How long did it take from ordering? Does anyone know if the Frozen Grays are already built and in the US?
what dealership?

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #60
M3Bliss
Just Live'n the Dream
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik1 View Post
Hey there. I was definitely on of the first 30 to call--called 11:30 sharp and on hold for almost 15 miutes. A Mr. Tim Brown took all my info and my desired dealer info. He stated someone would call or email me within 24 hours. I asked for a reservation or reference numer, he stated there is none. Since 24+ hours went by yesterday I called "customer relations" to follow up, they first never heard of a frozen grey limited edition. After putting me on hold, of course told me there is a specific number to call. I told them that number now is just a recording saying that all reservations have been filled. I then asked for "Tim". The customer relations person transfers me to a supervisor that digs a little deeper after I get progressively annoyed with their lack of a system, and he found my interaction with a Tim Brown as well as my current 2010 car. He tranfers me to Tim's voicemail, and I leave a polite message yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).

There is always a dark side to something unique but I think the FG is beautiful and I for one hope your order was successful. So what if it takes some extra TLC, consider that Ferrari owners sometimes transport their cars hundreds of miles just for routine maintenance because that is what needs to be done. Having a rare object is in itself a joy and all of the extra work is a mere afterthought to a infatuated owner. I believe that 95% of the return on investment of automobile ownership is the lust and desire that the object brings with the other 5% being rationality and what the hell does rationality have to do with automobile ownership? Bravo to you technik1.
      06-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #61
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Dealman View Post
I called in at 11:30 on Monday morning as well...
Thanks for posting. I hope you stay on the forum because I look forward to seeing some pics.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think established rules will apply in this case because this is a special run of pre-built cars that will apparently have a very quick turnaround. Not sure if they are all in the US yet, but based on the press release it sounds like at least some must be. They said late June for the first deliveries which means, well, like today.

So, did you sign the contract yet? Did BMW NA give you any sort of indication on when you might see the car? Keep us posted on your order!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2010, 02:09 PM   #62
OC Dealman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for posting. I hope you stay on the forum because I look forward to seeing some pics.

Yeah, I don't think established rules will apply in this case because this is a special run of pre-built cars that will apparently have a very quick turnaround. Not sure if they are all in the US yet, but based on the press release it sounds like at least some must be. They said late June for the first deliveries which means, well, like today.

So, did you sign the contract yet? Did BMW NA give you any sort of indication on when you might see the car? Keep us posted on your order!
I will stay on the forum. Signed the contract last week. No idea on delivery yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #63
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Updates?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #64
OC Dealman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Updates?
As mentioned, I did sign papers the week of June 21st, and received the paint waiver and signed and returned it the following week. Did not have any updates until yesterday. Dealership received a production number and a partial VIN. I was told I should have an idea of when it will be delivered today.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #65
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the update, OC!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #66
jettdt
Registered
Rep
Drives: frozen grey m3

paint waiver

Hi guys, just joined the forum I have owned a frozen grey comp pack M3 for about 1 month now. I was interested to see that you've had to sign a waiver, i'm in the UK and did not have to sign anything. The dealers stated that it needs no special treatment other than don't put polish or wax products on it. It is a bit worrying that in different parts of the world they are giving conflicting advice.

So far I have had no real trouble keeping the car clean, it shows the dust up close but from a distance always appears pretty clean, you do have to dry it when washing though but I find this with the metallic cars I've had.

Must say my last car, a C63 AMG, had terrible paint for damaging too easily and that was metallic grey, the lacquer seemed to scratch if you looked at it too long!

The only trouble I have had so far is I am a little paranoid about how delicate the paint is going to be but so hate parking it in any busy car parks and shoo the kids away from it on my drive when they are passing on their bikes!
Appreciate 0