BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-31-2012, 07:43 PM   #1
RoundTwo
Riff Raff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 8 spd bicycle

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2004 325Ci  [0.00]
Whirring noise under engine braking - Please chime in

I've tried searching the forums and I cannot find anything exactly like what I am experiencing. The noise I'm trying to describe is only noticeable with a closed throttle and is louder at high speeds. (Think, coming off the highway on an offramp). It sounds like something in the wheel well, like an unbalanced tire, or possibly something in the engine bay. The thing throwing me off is that there is no effect on ride quality and no shaking in the steering wheel, so that is why I am lead to believe that it isn't a tire issue.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this noise or can possibly chime in on factors that may be attributing to this whirring?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

I also noticed a similar sound too coming from the rear of my car. No wheel vibrations or anything just that noise when I'm driving. my car also has 57k miles
Appreciate 0