BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

05-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #23
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Awesome , and thanks for the compliment !
Please call me Philippe because Belgium really s@cks

Just went in my garage for you and I checked the km .
My car is a 08 with 56,002 km's => 34,797 miles <=
I agree my Novillo leather still looks like matte new and actually it's all about maintenance with the right product and the right procedure....And also sweat .
Over the years I had several questions about my Leatherique treatment , also funny questions about the smell ? And I said my Novillo leather smells actually like an Italian shoe store
Philippe it is then!

Ahhh I see, the low mileage indicates a lower sense of seat wear. But then again it all depends on the size, weight, and fame of the individual sitting in the seat as well. Thus, it makes me wonder if your results are really representative of most of the higher mileage/ more worn seats. Paint's a misrepresented picture to some extent?

My '08 has 66,000 miles and the seats look decent, above average I would say.Regardless, using SV products has worked me and gives me some decent results.
Appreciate 2
      05-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #24
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
One of the points made by Troy (Auto Obsessed) is that whether you are using Leatherique or Swissvax, the wrinkles will not go away but the appearance will be reduced by the matte appearance of either product.

I agree with most that maintenance is key. My seats are not bad by any means, however usage or wear for each car is very dependent on factors already outlined.

I regards to wrinkles, I am assuming that we are referring to the stretching of the leather? I don't know if any product that would actually reverse that. I am gonna say that the appearance of this will only be reduced.

There is some great input in here from everyone. Thanks for everyone's contributions.

http://www.autoobsessed.com
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #25
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRookie View Post
Philippe it is then!

Ahhh I see, the low mileage indicates a lower sense of seat wear. But then again it all depends on the size, weight, and fame of the individual sitting in the seat as well. Thus, it makes me wonder if your results are really representative of most of the higher mileage/ more worn seats. Paint's a misrepresented picture to some extent?

My '08 has 66,000 miles and the seats look decent, above average I would say.Regardless, using SV products has worked me and gives me some decent results.
Thank you my friend !

I believe your situation , but from my experience of the past and from my other cars with leather seats I noticed that the sun with the UV is pretty bad for all kinds of leather .
Let us say from my personal observation over the years ...

So I try to avoid the sun over the years and when I need to park my car outside I look always after a parking place in the shadow .
I confess in Belgium we don't have the sun mutch , and perhaps this helps as well
Our cars for example in Cali, Miami ect...or tropical countries , I'm sure the Novillo leather looks pretty bad , and for E93's it's even worse with the top down...

Edit :
I am 1.89 meter tall and I weigh 96 kilo .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-24-2017 at 03:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1181.50
      05-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #26
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
Quote:
Indeed . But you should let bake the Rejuvenator oil at least 48 hours in the sun and the end result will be even better
Wrinkles will never fade 100%...
Unfortunately I park my car in a indoor garage and will refuse to street park to get this soaking in. Only chance I get is at work smh.
When I was considering using Leatherique this time, I was contemplating using an electric ceramic heater. There is no chance of Fire because there is no open flame and it can be controlled for as long as required.

But as I mentioned before, the Leatherique process is so involved!!!
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
When I was considering using Leatherique this time, I was contemplating using an electric ceramic heater. There is no chance of Fire because there is no open flame and it can be controlled for as long as required.

But as I mentioned before, the Leatherique process is so involved!!!
Yes I heard this as well , about using electric heaters in colder countries .
Some detailers pull also plastic bags over the seats and let it sit for 3-4 days .
Of course all the work is/was never funny , but there is reason why Rolls-Royce uses Leatherique as well ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN1181.50
      05-24-2017, 04:21 PM   #28
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Awesome , and thanks for the compliment !
Please call me Philippe because Belgium really s@cks

Just went in my garage for you and I checked the km .
My car is a 08 with 56,002 km's => 34,797 miles <=
I agree my Novillo leather still looks like matte new and actually it's all about maintenance with the right product and the right procedure....And also sweat .
Over the years I had several questions about my Leatherique treatment , also funny questions about the smell ? And I said my Novillo leather smells actually like an Italian shoe store
56k km for an 08? Thought mine was low mileage coming up to 52k km /'11. Need to start drive it Phil and not only rubb that leather...
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #29
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
56k km for an 08? Thought mine was low mileage coming up to 52k km /'11. Need to start drive it Phil and not only rubb that leather...
Yeah I know Nik ,it's not my DD .Store her in winter and I detail the Novillo only 1 X/year with Leatherique.
///M cars are precious in Belgium by the cost price + the yearly insane Belgian driver taxes , so I try to keep her perfect in every possible manner .
But no worries Nik .When I let the beast out I pull the 5H1T out of it , but out of range of the speedcams (I hope)

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #30
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB View Post
So we came around on Swissvax did we? Lol!

I think you should give credit where credit is due... (drop mike, walking away)

INDVDL///M was the one who bought it! I was going to use Leatherique. (picks up mike, throws it at JFB....you forgot something!)
Appreciate 2
      05-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #31
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Yeah I know Nik ,it's not my DD .Store her in winter and I detail the Novillo only 1 X/year with Leatherique.
///M cars are precious in Belgium by the cost price + the yearly insane Belgian driver taxes , so I try to keep her perfect in every possible manner .
But no worries Nik .When I let the beast out I pull the 5H1T out of it , but out of range of the speedcams (I hope)
Apologies for the thread hijack - but this strikes a chord. The list price and taxes in the UK are bad enough. I am interested to know how much your annual costs are (tax and insurance)?

My annual tax is £550, and insurance around £275.

Whenever I drive through Belgium (and France) in an M-car, I am amazed at the amount of attention it gets, and how few others I see..

Don't get me started on the fuel cost/gallon (ca 85% tax). That is way too depressing.
      05-29-2017, 07:23 PM   #32
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Apologies for the thread hijack - but this strikes a chord. The list price and taxes in the UK are bad enough. I am interested to know how much your annual costs are (tax and insurance)?

My annual tax is £550, and insurance around £275.

Whenever I drive through Belgium (and France) in an M-car, I am amazed at the amount of attention it gets, and how few others I see..

Don't get me started on the fuel cost/gallon (ca 85% tax). That is way too depressing.
Wow ! That's really cheap my friend !

In Belgium we have actually more taxes (like usual) ! And we have also the *BIV-tax* and this means the first time in traffic tax .
And of course in Belgium we have the yearly driver tax as well...

The BIV-Tax for my ///M3 => 4,957 Euro's
The list you can find here for the 4 liter V8=> http://www.auto55.be/pages/biv/nieuw...laanderen.html

The yearly driver tax for my ///M3 => 2,021 Euro's
The list you can find here => https://financien.belgium.be/sites/d...-2016-2017.pdf
My base insurance => 1,660 Euro's

So I paid the first year 8,638 Euro's for Belgium .
And if I drive my ///M3 E92 for 10 years in Belgium I paid a total of => *41,767 Euro's*
In U.S Dollars => $46,551

*God bless my country*

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2017, 11:16 PM   #33
Ink09
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT / 84 E30 318i

Quote:
Wow ! That's really cheap my friend !

In Belgium we have actually more taxes (like usual) ! And we have also the *BIV-tax* and this means the first time in traffic tax .
And of course in Belgium we have the yearly driver tax as well...

The BIV-Tax for my ///M3 => 4,957 Euro's
The list you can find here for the 4 liter V8=> http://www.auto55.be/pages/biv/nieuw...laanderen.html

The yearly driver tax for my ///M3 => 2,021 Euro's
The list you can find here => https://financien.belgium.be/sites/d...-2016-2017.pdf
My base insurance => 1,660 Euro's

So I paid the first year 8,638 Euro's for Belgium .
And if I drive my ///M3 E92 for 10 years in Belgium I paid a total of => *41,767 Euro's*
In U.S Dollars => $46,551

*God bless my country*

Appreciate 1
      05-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #34
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Nice results.

The reason leather tends to get shiny is that you are literally polishing it while sitting down. It happens very fast if you don't keep the leather clean because any dirt or debris on the seat turns your pants into sandpaper.

The places I see it the most are of course the seat bottom and steering wheel. The seat bottoms get it pretty bad because humans naturally shift their weight around very slightly when seated, plus you slide across the leather when entering or exiting the car. The steering wheel is also bad because we are constantly moving our hands across it and no one's hands are perfectly clean every time they drive.

You can't stop the leather from getting polished (short of never driving the car), but you can GREATLY slow it down by just periodically wiping the seats with a basic cleaner. In my experience, the higher-end leathers actually wear worse over time.
FMLYSDN1181.50
      07-21-2017, 12:14 AM   #35
redvitesse
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90, E92, Xterra, RoverVitesse

Nice result indeed but the cost is pretty steep. From the research I did the consensus from other detail forums is that ColourLock makes the cleaner for Swissvax. Regardless, from my own experience ColourLock cleaner and conditioning kit does the same job at a fraction of the price. About $25 on Amazon.
Nissan Xterra 2002 (Illinois + Winter = SUV)
Appreciate 2
FMLYSDN1181.50
6ixSpd6014.50
      07-21-2017, 09:46 AM   #36
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Doing a leatherique treatment on my fox red right now. I'll post some pictures up for comparison later.
Appreciate 2
      07-24-2017, 07:16 AM   #37
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Doing a leatherique treatment on my fox red right now. I'll post some pictures up for comparison later.
Please let us know ?

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #38
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

This is from a 7 hr soak in oil
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2017, 09:02 AM   #39
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
This is from a 7 hr soak in oil
Looks great , thanks for sharing !
You can let it soak with the Rejuvenator oil for + 48 hours , I noticed it works even better when it soaks longer .
Next time , I'll let it soak for 3 days ...

Don't know if you know..You can do the leather from your steering wheel and door panels too .

Appreciate 1
R3dliner934.50
      07-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #40
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looks great , thanks for sharing !

Don't know if you know..You can do the leather from your steering wheel and door panels too .
Thanks. I noticed the cleaner works really well on the steering wheel.

Hopefully I can have more time to let it soak in next time but overall I'm pretty happy with the results. My microfiber turned kind of black esp driver side seat. Seat look pretty good granted I only have 30k miles.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2017, 10:59 AM   #41
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I noticed the cleaner works really well on the steering wheel.

Hopefully I can have more time to let it soak in next time but overall I'm pretty happy with the results. My microfiber turned kind of black esp driver side seat. Seat look pretty good granted I only have 30k miles.
Last time I skipped the Prestine clean and I let soak the Rejuvenator oil for 2 days .
I noticed the Novillo leather felt even softer and hydrated without step 2 from Prestine clean .

So I only used the Rejuvenator oil and I let it soak for 2-3 days , and I removed the Rejuventor oil with a microfiber cloth and warm water .
Done..
Finally my Novillo leather looked even more factory matte with only the Rejuvenator oil.

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #42
Tony B
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Nice results.

The reason leather tends to get shiny is that you are literally polishing it while sitting down. It happens very fast if you don't keep the leather clean because any dirt or debris on the seat turns your pants into sandpaper.

The places I see it the most are of course the seat bottom and steering wheel. The seat bottoms get it pretty bad because humans naturally shift their weight around very slightly when seated, plus you slide across the leather when entering or exiting the car. The steering wheel is also bad because we are constantly moving our hands across it and no one's hands are perfectly clean every time they drive.

You can't stop the leather from getting polished (short of never driving the car), but you can GREATLY slow it down by just periodically wiping the seats with a basic cleaner. In my experience, the higher-end leathers actually wear worse over time.
And slow it down by being careful how you get in/out of the seat.

I am hyper sensitive about this.

Step 1 - I have 2 seat memory positions - one for driving and one for getting in and out! The in/out one is seat to minimum height, front down, more back rest recline and full rearward positioning of the base. This makes it so much easier to get in/out without sliding and twisting on the seat base leather, and without catching the seat back bolster. Once I am in, just press memo 2 to get me into position for driving...
Step 2 - when entering, support your body weight by using your hands on the bottom of the door aperture, and the central arm-rest. Then there is even less twist/stretch of the seat base leather.

I said that I was hyper-sensitive....

And I use the BMW leather cleaner and care products, at least 3 or 4 times a year.
      07-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #43
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Last time I skipped the Prestine clean and I let soak the Rejuvenator oil for 2 days .
I noticed the Novillo leather felt even softer and hydrated without step 2 from Prestine clean .

So I only used the Rejuvenator oil and I let it soak for 2-3 days , and I removed the Rejuventor oil with a microfiber cloth and warm water .
Done..
Finally my Novillo leather looked even more factory matte with only the Rejuvenator oil.
I do this. The pristine clean seems to leave a residue which i don't care for.
      07-27-2017, 07:25 PM   #44
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmy23 View Post
I do this. The pristine clean seems to leave a residue which i don't care for.
Nice to hear .We share the same thoughts

Appreciate 0