BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread

11-02-2011, 08:11 PM   #23
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post
Overpriced wheels that arent JWL certified. Way to go
Yes indeed.
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:37 PM   #24
Silent9o8
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black M3 Convertible

buncha haters in here they jelly nice watch btw
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #25
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYang View Post
I hope so... but the retail of the RM003 is more than US$400,000/-.
I think you need to check your conversion rates. Closer to $135k...
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #26
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngusYang View Post
I just want to share my collections...
most of us not materialistic as people who live in HK.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:42 PM   #27
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

God there are so many ADV.1 haters lol. I find it hilarious, people just jump on bandwagons without having first hand experience with the company. ADV.1's are extremely high quality, and if you don't think so, you haven't seen a set in person. Also, as far as I know, there has never been a cracked ADV.1 wheel or even a bent one. I couldn't say that for many other wheel manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
davedave
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Overpriced wheels that arent JWL certified. Way to go
A lot of people just wanna buy something to show off as "i can afford it"

if you just go for look, ADV is alrite

if you go for performance... most people will go other route.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS/911R

haha, no matter what ppl try to do, every ADV thread turns to shit just like their rims.
and no we're not ADV haters, we're just not idiots.
      11-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #30
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR///M3 View Post
God there are so many ADV.1 haters lol. I find it hilarious, people just jump on bandwagons without having first hand experience with the company. ADV.1's are extremely high quality, and if you don't think so, you haven't seen a set in person. Also, as far as I know, there has never been a cracked ADV.1 wheel or even a bent one. I couldn't say that for many other wheel manufacturers.
Bandwagon? My friend had 360 forged and not even going to go into the story of what pieces of shit those ended up being. As far as im concerned its the same management with the same attitude when it comes to making wheels.
And look at link under my reply. Theres a pic of one cracked. So good argument. Overpriced wheels that cant back up the quality. As pinhead stated were not stupid to buy enough to buy wheels that dont justify their price.
      11-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #31
davedave
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Bandwagon? My friend had 360 forged and not even going to go into the story of what pieces of shit those ended up being. As far as im concerned its the same management with the same attitude when it comes to making wheels.
And look at link under my reply. Theres a pic of one cracked. So good argument. Overpriced wheels that cant back up the quality. As pinhead stated were not stupid to buy enough to buy wheels that dont justify their price.

+1 it just all this "Forged" wheel company have nice catalogue with exotic car.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #32
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The wheel in that link isnt even an ADV.1 wheel. 360 Forged has nothing to do with ADV.1 except the owner, I highly doubt they use the same company to make them.

Also, PINHEAD is just a huge huge ADV.1 hater. For no reason, because he definitely never owned a set or probably even seen a set in person or even dealt with that company.

Also, i think if you don't have any FIRST HAND experience with ADV.1 (not any previous companies owned by the owner) or any company at that, you don't have the right or qualifications to be able to say anything about them.

Last edited by MR///M3; 11-02-2011 at 09:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #33
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
The wheel in that link isnt even an ADV.1 wheel. 360 Forged has nothing to do with ADV.1 except the owner, I highly doubt they use the same company to make them.

Also, PINHEAD is just a huge huge ADV.1 hater. For no reason, because he definitely never owned a set or probably even seen a set in person or even dealt with that company.

Also, i think if you don't have any FIRST HAND experience with ADV.1 (not any previous companies owned by the owner) or any company at that, you don't have the right or qualifications to be able to say anything about them.
Alright well ill make some shitty wheel for you, call it forged. It will break. Then ill make another company and see if you would like to give me 4k again. Sound like a deal??
But was just stating my opinion about the company. Not here to hate or ruin a thread so im done.
      11-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #34
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alright well ill make some shitty wheel for you, call it forged. It will break. Then ill make another company and see if you would like to give me 4k again. Sound like a deal??
But was just stating my opinion about the company. Not here to hate or ruin a thread so im done.
I understand that. But what are the chances that Jordan is using the same company for manufacturing his wheels and the same engineers to design them? I'm sure he went through the proper precautions in order to make sure the fiasco with his old company never happens again. Wouldn't you do the same thing? He's out to make money, not start a new company every 2 years with a worse and worse reputation each time.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #35
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Also, as far as I know, there has never been a cracked ADV.1 wheel or even a bent one. I couldn't say that for many other wheel manufacturers.
LOL...i mean really now? You have personal knowledge of everyone who's owned a set?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #36
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

baller

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #37
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
LOL...i mean really now? You have personal knowledge of everyone who's owned a set?
With the way people love to announce the first thing that goes wrong with their wheels, I'm sure that someone would have posted something about it. Especially with ADV.1. People are dying for ADV.1 to slip up somehow. That is just my opinion on the matter. Does anyone know if any ADV.1's have been cracked or bent?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 11:12 PM   #38
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:

i love this, its just gets better and better. first of all, i have seen ADV wheels in person. They look nice. Ive also seen 360forge wheels in person, they look nice too. who cares how they look when we are talking about QUALITY here. anyone can cut a rim to make it look nice and clean, but you dont know the quality until you put it to the test. Well shit nobody is going to drive the shit out of their 4k wheels, so we RELY on testing results, certificates from JWL, TUV, etc. They so far, only have bullshit and bad publicity and a bullshit track record. They have not proved anything they claimed. All the ADV owners get butt hurt because they didnt know the history of Jordan and 360Forge and what makes a quality wheel, actually, quality. customer service has NOTHING to do with the wheel, we are not talking about customer service here. Even then, some friends of mine have been waiting on a set of ADV for months. Keep bumping and replying in this thread, the bigger it is, the more people know, the more ADV's reputation is hurt. I personally, love it, and really couldn't give a shit because my rims cost more than a set of ADVs anyways.
      11-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #39
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:
With the way people love to announce the first thing that goes wrong with their wheels, I'm sure that someone would have posted something about it. Especially with ADV.1. People are dying for ADV.1 to slip up somehow. That is just my opinion on the matter. Does anyone know if any ADV.1's have been cracked or bent?
And I never ever claimed any ADV wheels bent or cracked, i called them out on their bullshit claims and non-existent testing/certification. Im not an ADV.1 hater, I think they make seriously amazing looking wheels so much Im sad they are such crap. I would buy a set if they were actually good, and had no negative reputation. Im a bullshit hater, I see bullshit Ill call it out.

Last edited by PINHEAD; 11-02-2011 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #40
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

here is a picture of BBS RS wheels, BENT!!!!

according to the logic of ADV fanboys here, ADV> BBS? Who are you trying to convince? Is ADV paying you to praise their wheels? Or are you trying to justify your purchase? I think the bottom line is, until ADV.1 shows what they claim about having official and correct TUV certifications for 100s of applications, and upload them online for everyone to see, like MORR does, and how RAYS/BBS does when they ship you their wheels with the paperwork and also its stamped on the rims. I love this, all the ADV owners are not helping the cause, in fact they are probably just hurting it. And as for no ADV wheels ever bent, its just a matter of time. The amount of BBS wheels out there to ADV are about 5 million to 1.
      11-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #41
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Alright gents, there is already another thread devoted to your arguments. Please move your discussion there. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 05:44 AM   #42
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Alright gents, there is already another thread devoted to your arguments. Please move your discussion there. Thank you.
The OP started this by claiming "ADV.1 is the best of the best..." and now a lot people would like to understand why/how they are the "best of the best".
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 10:29 AM   #43
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: N/A

Angus - sorry these guys threadjacked your photo thread. The wheels look great and i'm glad you're happy with the product! If you need anything else just let me know!!!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread