BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-12-2016, 04:00 AM   #1
Time Lord
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Creaking noise when I turn left or right.

Either way I turn the noise is getting worst. Brought it to the indy and he thinks it's the rack. The creaking came after some hard full turns. Any other causes?
      04-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
335duff
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d E90

Hi, i had a similar noise and to fix it the dealer lubricated the splines on the steering shaft at the u joint. This makes the noise go away fow a little while. I think to fully fix it replacing the steering shaft would be required.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 01:57 AM   #3
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Lord View Post
Either way I turn the noise is getting worst. Brought it to the indy and he thinks it's the rack. The creaking came after some hard full turns. Any other causes?
They think? They have chassis ears so pin point the source of the sound shouldn't be hard.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 03:00 PM   #4
gfisher99
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3, '18 M2, '22 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Lord View Post
I have a creaking/clicking noise only when I turn the wheel left, which shifts the load to the right front tire. Took it to my indy, we put it on the lift and cant see anything unusual. He said I'm slightly out of alignment and that getting a dealer alignment may help as those suspension pieces will be loosened/torqued during the procedure. He said it sounds like it could be torsion bar or end links when stressed.

I wonder if we have the same noise. I need to try to get a video of it, but I don't have a GoPro/Suction Mount...
Appreciate 0