BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

10-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #67
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
participate to alleviate boredom

Doubt there will be many cows surviving; especially if they're not free range. Saw a program on discovery where they talk about the world after humans. Without human tending, cows would starve. So you'll likely find a field of rotting cow meat. Not too sure what that will draw in. Would zombies eat cows?
Oh, out here we have cows in the hills that just roam around, I don't have those huge dairies with piles of cows in a small cage.

If a zombie is hungry enough it will eat anything red blooded it can catch, but human is it's preferred food, one just ate a Woodchuck if you guys watch "walking Dead" on AMC...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #68
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
Oh, out here we have cows in the hills that just roam around, I don't have those huge dairies with piles of cows in a small cage.

If a zombie is hungry enough it will eat anything red blooded it can catch, but human is it's preferred food, one just ate a Woodchuck if you guys watch "walking Dead" on AMC...
have watched a tiny bit of walking dead and remember zombies feasting on a horse, so hence my question.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #69
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
have watched a tiny bit of walking dead and remember zombies feasting on a horse, so hence my question.
It's a worthwhile watch, I think Netflix has it streaming

and they just renewed it for a 3rd season!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #70
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Pretty sick. Where or how did you do that?
Thanks bro! I have better pics at home on my computer (I'm at work on iPhone right now), but basically it was just about $30 worth of Halloween makeup lol. My clothes are a work uniform I decided to destroy (don't tell my boss).

Supplies:

1 can of spray on blood
1 tiny jar of blood gel (looks like real blood, nice and thick)
1 tiny jar of face putty to mold skin and flesh
1 fake eye socket with adhesive glue
1 zombie face cream
1 green face makeup
1 purple face makeup
1 beautiful talented wife to blend skin/eyes/blood/bruises/puss etc...

Sorry for the thread jack but it IS zombie orientated!

Oh and just to add where I would hide; sniper tower. Only one way up, cant be overwhelmed, and easy to see all

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #71
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

I would also surround myself with land mines and a stockpile of hand grenades

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:56 AM   #72
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Oh and just to add where I would hide; sniper tower. Only one way up, cant be overwhelmed, and easy to see all
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:57 AM   #73
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
That plan could backfire! (pun intended)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #74
mikeith
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG

yeah i love that show! btw all my weapons would be suppressed. i dont want any unwanted attention. whether or not the zombies would be attracted to noise like in WD, there WILL be asshole people left alive that will want to take even other healthy living peoples goods/guns/food etc. not everyone alive is your friend. you have to assume otherwise until proven!

another "to have" good current lamintated roadmap, then mark major ammo/gun/canned food etc etc manufacturers.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #75
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

As sad as it is, my friends and I have had ample discussion on this over copious amounts of alcohol.

You need 1 plan, 3 phases for your plan:

The first phase you execute the moment you suspect a zombie invasion has begun. This is you, walking down the street towards a bar, or sitting at work doing things, or you driving down the road when you first hear of strange activity. This part is crucial because it's likely your cell services are still intact and power is still intact. Things will progress downwards quickly, so you need to act fast.

I work for a hospital, so I would likely receive a page describing the senarios of a zombie outbreak early. I work 10 minutes from home, and I have a case of water and basic food items for storm/zombie emergencies already put aside. I have a Ruger SR9C with 7 17rd magazines, and 2 10rd magazines all full (I hate reloading at the range) in the bag ready to rock and roll.

Phase 2 of your plan is collecting zombie-apololypse-specific supplies for this adventure. You need plenty of gas, a generator, ammo, bigger weapons, and transportation to your phase 3 location. You need to already know what you need to get, who you need to get, how you're going to communicate, and what you'll need for your phase 3 location in terms of supplies now because you may not ever get another opportunity to stock up. Phase 2 is the most important because it sustains you through phase 3, also known as the rest of your life.

Phase 3 needs to involve getting to and securing a facility. Ideally, this is on an island with 12' concrete walls. Inside, there must be a way to sustain life (farming) and generating power (near a river, perhaps?). You need to make this location self-sustaining and secure indefinitely, so if huting is part of the plan, you need to make sure you don't use your natural resources too quickly.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:34 PM   #76
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
don't go to big cities or places with a lotta people... hospitals are the worst place to go!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #77
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
LMFAOOOO I didn't say I'd stand on top of a damn truck!! Sniper tower has only one ladder! One way up! And how many zombies are gonna fit on the ladder and come up at once?!? I could just stand there pointing down the ladder LOL

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #78
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep

Could zombies even swim???? I dont recall any movie putting a zombie through a mass of water??? I'd surround myself with water too, that should also slow them down and make for easier targets

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:49 PM   #79
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
don't go to big cities or places with a lotta people... hospitals are the worst place to go!
yeah agreed. i don't get how so many protagonists wake up in an abandoned hospital. straight up would not expect that. logically should be a much heavier zombie infection gathered in a hospital. sounds like one of the scariest places to be at but i'm sure there will be a horde of useful supplies.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #80
Draven
C7Z - Darkside
Rep
Drives: '18 Z06 M7

Quote:
Could zombies even swim???? I dont recall any movie putting a zombie through a mass of water??? I'd surround myself with water too, that should also slow them down and make for easier targets
Land of the Dead did. The walked through the river.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 12:56 PM   #81
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Land of the Dead, they dont swim, they just walk under water

EDIT: Damn, Beat me to it hahaha
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #82
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Facts about zombies:

1.) They're dumb.
2.) Nearly immortal
3.) Relentless
almost sounds like a gang of retards......

you know retards are incredibly dumb and strong. you can kill them, but nothing scares me more than 15-20 retards coming at me, bro.......
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #83
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
All zombies, all types. Even the aggressive ones in "I am Legend"
then you're absolutely without a doubt fucked......

the "I am Legend" zombies and the "28 Weeks Later" zombies were brutal.

only good thing about the I Am Legend zombies was the fact that they were pussies in the sunlight.....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #84
zone555
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i xDrive

Nobody has mentioned manual weapons yet. Guns are great, but you'll eventually run out of ammunition. Like in the show Walking Dead, you'll need to make a visit into town to get more ammo, which isn't always an appealing option during a zombie apocalypse.

There's crossbows, which are reusable, but when you're being chased by zombies you're not gonna stop to pick up the fired bows from the bodies. A sword/machete is the next logical weapon, but these may get stuck in flesh during slash maneuvers making yourself vulnerable. Baseball bats are an alternative, but is there anything that has more "kick"?

Haha.. yeah, I watch a lot of zombie movies too
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #85
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I keep a 24" retractable SWAT club with me at all times. Doesn't get stuck, shatters bones with ease, is light - its the perfect blunt weapon.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #86
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone555 View Post
Nobody has mentioned manual weapons yet. Guns are great, but you'll eventually run out of ammunition. Like in the show Walking Dead, you'll need to make a visit into town to get more ammo, which isn't always an appealing option during a zombie apocalypse.

There's crossbows, which are reusable, but when you're being chased by zombies you're not gonna stop to pick up the fired bows from the bodies. A sword/machete is the next logical weapon, but these may get stuck in flesh during slash maneuvers making yourself vulnerable. Baseball bats are an alternative, but is there anything that has more "kick"?

Haha.. yeah, I watch a lot of zombie movies too
I thought about that too. I was thinking having a good collection of pitbulls trained to kill. Not all will survive, but a good alternative and should be able to buy some time when passing through the city for supplies. Wild animals too? Tigers
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #87
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Punch-A-Packed Ray Gun...

^^That's all you need...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #88
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

There was a serial killer who achieve with succes create human zombies using trepanation. He can gave orders and they obey without resist at all, but they all died hours because obviously the "surgery" method aplicated was not very good

aslo i saw video of old taped films showing experiments where a cutted dog head is reanimated, he's not concious, but he could react to stimulus such smell food, ear sounds etc
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0