BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

01-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #89
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
the movie was awsome, but this stup1d family ruin it for us too. the husband and wife in their low 40 put their feet up in our seat head rest. wtf, that annoyed the hell out of my son and my wife. I told them to put it down and they did. but after 2 mins, they did it again. This kept going on and on. I almost punch in their face, but held off and ignored them since I didn't want to miss the movie.

wtf is with these people. no manner whatsoever.

what would you guys do in similar situation?

Keep in mind I was very polite and asked them "can you please put your feet down? thanks". It seemed they have some sort of memory lost IMO.
Wow, I wouldn't take that crap. I would've stood up and said something.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #90
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
the movie was awsome, but this stup1d family ruin it for us too. the husband and wife in their low 40 put their feet up in our seat head rest. wtf, that annoyed the hell out of my son and my wife. I told them to put it down and they did. but after 2 mins, they did it again. This kept going on and on. I almost punch in their face, but held off and ignored them since I didn't want to miss the movie.

wtf is with these people. no manner whatsoever.

what would you guys do in similar situation?

Keep in mind I was very polite and asked them "can you please put your feet down? thanks". It seemed they have some sort of memory lost IMO.
+1

I hate that too. In my younger days, I would almost always chew them out right off the bat with personal insults and profanities. But now, I would ask nicely like you did.

Don't people know what common courtesy is anymore? I mean, even people in the third world countries would carry themselves much proper than some of us Americans.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #91
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
+1

I hate that too. In my younger days, I would almost always chew them out right off the bat with personal insults and profanities. But now, I would ask nicely like you did.

Don't people know what common courtesy is anymore? I mean, even people in the third world countries would carry themselves much proper than some of us Americans.
Common sense isn't so common anymore. Hell I know people that would pick up their phones at a doctor's office and just chat for like 30 minutes. I mean would it kill them to freaking go outside and take the call or simply call that person back? Nobody wants to hear them talk!

I took an uncle who was visiting from Asia to the movies once. The phone rang and he picked up and talked for like 5 minutes. I'm sure most of you know they usually talk pretty loud (at least loud enough to disturb the movie). The whole time I kept telling him to stop and was embarassed to be sitting next to him. Finally someone was like "shut the fuck up!!" and he turned off the phone.

So it's not just people in America but rather people all over the world in general. I'm sure most of them have common decency while others don't. Like I would sometimes call some people and instead of calling me back, they would text and be like "hey u called?" It's happened to my friends as well and we decided to just not reply or pick up the phone when that other person calls us back.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #92
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Oh for sure. I had no problem with that- I'm just saying.
I was totally agreeing with you. And I'm going to see it again this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #93
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD View Post
Ok, seen it in 2D, regular 3D and IMAX. Don't bother with the regular 3D. The difference between 3D and IMAX is like an old 19" television in your Mom's kitchen and a 65" HD Plasma showing a Blu Ray movie.

The IMAX uses a different 3D system using two projectors. The regular 3D uses a single projector. I found that in the regular 3D version, images on the edges of the screen were not that focused and as a whole, the 3D was not as 'deep'.

The sound is also so much better.

IMAX all the way. And again, the glasses are clear - not the old school red and blue cardboard things from the 70s.

I watched this in IMAX 3D last weekend and was curious how it compared to the 3D version people are getting in the regular theaters. I walked away seriously impressed, and honestly I don't know if I'm going to be satisfied watching movies any other way from now on.

I had seen some of the IMAX stuff at NASA a few years ago, and there were certain sections where they really would Wow you, but with Avatar the whole movie was like that, and it really pulled you into the action.

I thought the plot and storyline were decent, but the visuals are just unreal. This has taken CGI to a whole new level. Anyone who has the opportunity to see this in IMAX instead of a regular theater should definatly spend the extra couple of bucks and do it.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #94
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Im sorry, but i rated this movie number one homosexual movie of the year.... want to watch a real movie? go see up in the air with george clooney, now that was one of the best movies ive seen in a long time. avatar was a joke lol. People just never seen graphics like this and thats all the credit it deserves. the movie was trash, just the settings were perfect.
      01-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #95
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
I was totally agreeing with you. And I'm going to see it again this weekend
Haha I know. I just didn't want to say anything else cus I didn't wanna offend the guy. I've been wanting to watch it again in Imax 3D as well. Most people that have done so said it's still just as good the 2nd time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
Im sorry, but i rated this movie number one homosexual movie of the year.... want to watch a real movie? go see up in the air with george clooney, now that was one of the best movies ive seen in a long time. avatar was a joke lol. People just never seen graphics like this and thats all the credit it deserves. the movie was trash, just the settings were perfect.
Okay so let me get this straight: you think Avatar is gay but recommend others to go watch a movie starring an old dude in what I can only guess is about finding love? Something isn't right...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #96
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha I know. I just didn't want to say anything else cus I didn't wanna offend the guy. I've been wanting to watch it again in Imax 3D as well. Most people that have done so said it's still just as good the 2nd time around.

Okay so let me get this straight: you think Avatar is gay but recommend others to go watch a movie starring an old dude in what I can only guess is about finding love? Something isn't right...
Up in the air was one of the best put together movies ive seen. From the actors, the cinematography, the script, the humor, and the overall composition of the film.

Avatar: i left the cinema 3 times to take a cigarette break. it was that boring. Because i have played halo before, i just felt like ive seen all this shit before, and like i was watching a disney movie. Thats the best way to say it actually, i felt like i was watching a disney movie. while it was a good film (for a 10 year old) but i had zero interest in that movie. it was so corney... i laughed 3 times in that whole film, no joke. It was long, it dragged on, i felt like i was watching the national geographic chanel with the hue broken on my tv making everything blue. and to see two aliens get down and all that bullshit. Super homo.

Up in the Air:the movie is about george beleiveing that people are never meant to be together, and life is better that way. He gets fooled that love is real, but in the end he reverts to his original manner of thinking realising that logic is the answer, and that love is all bullshit. I was rolling on my ass for that movie, real humor and wit. I beg you to download it and watch it. Its worth your time.
      01-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #97
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

Quote:
this is wrong at so many levels.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #98
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Up in the air was one of the best put together movies ive seen. From the actors, the cinematography, the script, the humor, and the overall composition of the film...
I bet you weren't high when watching Avatar but were lit up when watching Up in the air. That's the only logical explanation.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #99
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
this is wrong at so many levels.
what can i say? im not trying to piss people off. Im actually just in shock that this gay movie has 14 threads on E90post and its about time i ranted..... this movie was NOT that great.
      01-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #100
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I bet you weren't high when watching Avatar but were lit up when watching Up in the air. That's the only logical explanation.
NO!!!! NO! thats the sad fucking thing! i watched avatar stoned!!!!!!!! i was sober for up in the air ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
      01-06-2010, 05:31 PM   #101
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Up in the Air was boring imo. Definitely a rental. Actually you can download it from torrents now.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #102
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NO!!!! NO! thats the sad fucking thing! i watched avatar stoned!!!!!!!! i was sober for up in the air ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Whhhhhaaaaaa?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #103
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

no i'm pretty sure I'd think any of my male friends were gay had they asked me to go watch Up in the air...regardless of how many girls were tagging along
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #104
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Avatar was epic and I can't wait to watch it again! It will definitely revolutionize the movie industry like Star Wars, Matrix and Up in the Air...

Simply amazing and it deserves all the praises.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #105
choicez
Major
Rep

Quote:
How could you not watch this movie lit?!? Brownie did me justice for the entire movie!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #106
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
How could you not watch this movie lit?!? Brownie did me justice for the entire movie!
it was a bad situation. I was in teh city with 3 hours to kill on a wednesday night.... no herb upon my person. it was desperate, especially with a movie named up in the air, you would take it as a sign that you should be there as well wen watchin this movie hahah

Quote:
Avatar was epic and I can't wait to watch it again! It will definitely revolutionize the movie industry like Star Wars, Matrix and Up in the Air...
you funny guy lol
      01-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #107
choicez
Major
Rep

Quote:
it was a bad situation. I was in teh city with 3 hours to kill on a wednesday night.... no herb upon my person. it was desperate, especially with a movie named up in the air, you would take it as a sign that you should be there as well wen watchin this movie hahah
ha!! i was referring to avatar that you should be lit. the brownie was perfect. i don't think would wanna be blazed for up in the air. seems complicating and i would forget people's name and the plot during the movie
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 08:08 PM   #108
Kiemyster
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
ha!! i was referring to avatar that you should be lit. the brownie was perfect. i don't think would wanna be blazed for up in the air. seems complicating and i would forget people's name and the plot during the movie
i took 2 smokes for avatar, once right before, and once during the second cigarette break.... didnt assist in any way. I just didnt like the movie, to be honest. No herb could have saved me from that

(ok, if it were sour diesel then yes. but it wasnt, so it failed)
      01-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #109
choicez
Major
Rep

Quote:

(ok, if it were sour diesel then yes. but it wasnt, so it failed)
off topic but sour skittles FTMFW! best munchie!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 09:05 PM   #110
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I watched it in Imax at 10 a.m. so no fucking kids and old people would be there. Shit was great, theater was half empty and no one was talking whatsoever.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0