BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

05-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #23
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MB GLS550; 2016 RR HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthretourNAFTW View Post
oh yeah, chrysler 300 srt that car which is famous for making ghetto bentleys from.

Fixed that for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #24
nthretourNAFTW
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 NA no turbo required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
The dodge/Chrysler/Jeep cars are simply amazing right now. Hands down the cars to buy at the moment. Even the 2015 mustangs are good and I'm eating crow right now making fun of my buddies GT calling it a shitstang then I dive it and ended up liking it.
, you have to be kidding.. Chrysler, Jeep, and dodge are still the worst cars money can buy.

Fiat-Chrysler Brands Last In Consumer Reports Auto Reliability Survey

http://jalopnik.com/fiat-chrysler-br...eli-1651337569

And yeah i remember when chrysler and MB merged, that is when MB quality started to fall behind. Chrysler has the reputation in europe to be the worst reliability cars on the planet (after russian and East european brands). Same for jeep.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 04:13 PM   #25
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
, you have to be kidding.. Chrysler, Jeep, and dodge are still the worst cars money can buy.

And yeah i remember when chrysler and MB merged, that is when MB quality started to fall behind. Chrysler has the reputation in europe to be the worst reliability cars on the planet (after russian and East european brands). Same for jeep.
      05-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #26
BloomRunsDubs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
Quote:

Thats very surprising. Ive never had any issues with any of my Chrysler products. Ive had my 06 Charger since I was 16 and to this day its been amazing in every field. Doubt ive spent over $500 on maintenance (Aside from tires) in 60k miles.

My 98 Grand Cherokee was also great. Drove better in the snow than most brand new cars. Also great reliability. The only thing I ever had to fix was the transmission because I would always neutral-drop it in my HS parking lot to do burnouts, not to mention drifting on back roads every time it snowed

My 11 Durango was also great, didnt spend a dime in maintenance.

Maybe its just because I properly take care of my cars, something most normal people are incapable of doing.

Needless to say I love Chrysler and will be buying more of their cars no matter what people want to say about them
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 09:55 PM   #27
nthretourNAFTW
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3 NA no turbo required

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomRunsDubs View Post
Thats very surprising. Ive never had any issues with any of my Chrysler products. Ive had my 06 Charger since I was 16 and to this day its been amazing in every field. Doubt ive spent over $500 on maintenance (Aside from tires) in 60k miles.

My 98 Grand Cherokee was also great. Drove better in the snow than most brand new cars. Also great reliability. The only thing I ever had to fix was the transmission because I would always neutral-drop it in my HS parking lot to do burnouts, not to mention drifting on back roads every time it snowed

My 11 Durango was also great, didnt spend a dime in maintenance.

Maybe its just because I properly take care of my cars, something most normal people are incapable of doing.

Needless to say I love Chrysler and will be buying more of their cars no matter what people want to say about them
You're just one sample. The masses of chrysler / jeep / dodge owners are not in agreement with you. Why would a specific brand owners come short on maintenance but not owners of other brands. Come on , that's malarkey, accept the market results, the above brands have poor reliability.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 12:46 AM   #28
Disturbed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

Drive a few then report back. You will be surprised. Fiat now owns Chrysler...who also owns Ferrari and Maserati. Even the new 200c is leaps and bounds better. That 9sp auto is amazing. You never feel a shift. I'm in rentals all week every week. I drive every car under the sun. 370z, Mustangs, challengers, Ram, Jetta, GTi even a few Geneses, CTS, ATS, QX80, 5 and 328's, and C7. This week I have a new 300C with the Hemi and 8sp auto. I seriously don't want to give it back. It's white with the black/white tuxedo looking interior. So far been avg 28-29mpg interstate @ 80mph. In town its dropping to about 16-18 depending on how long I sit in traffic. Driving this makes me want a hellcat or Viper (again).

Last edited by Disturbed; 05-14-2015 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 01:08 AM   #29
Disturbed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
You're just one sample. The masses of chrysler / jeep / dodge owners are not in agreement with you. Why would a specific brand owners come short on maintenance but not owners of other brands. Come on , that's malarkey, accept the market results, the above brands have poor reliability.
So what you are saying is that you don't make your own decisions. You let rags and "experts" make up your mind.

I too can vouch for my personal experience with Chrysler products. I'd buy another. Over the years I've had a few and never had any non-self inflicted issues with the exception of my neon that had a leaking head gasket and it was fix under warranty. But then again, I was running a 50 shot of N2O through a stock motor didn't have issues until after the 15-16th bottle. Then kept running it until I sold the car 6 years old with just over 200kmi on it. But have put at least 100 bottles of N2O through that poor little guy. I beat the fuck out if it every time I drive it. But we can let that one slide as manufacturing defect. Lol

Don't get me started on my Vipers. i liked them so much I have been through 3 of them.

I can also say I've had the worst luck with my euro cars. Our CLK was junk as was the Jetta (turned in as a Lemon). My 911 turbo was temperamental and didn't like mods too much. Currently my daughters Mini Cooper S has been a bit problematic. Biggest pile of crap I ever owned was a Ferrari 355...that car ruined Ferrari for me. I'll never buy another. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before I blow up my M3. Will it stop me from buying a euro car in the future, no. Maybe a AM or Lambo is in store for me.

Some people will swear by some brands. My dad is P-car guy I will never buy another. Mom is a Acura lover. My best friend is a Chevy guy. My other life long buddy is a hardcore ford family. Wifey is a Lexus girl. I guess I gravitate to Mopar. Do I swear any brand is junk, no. Do I swear this or that is the best, no. I think it a decision should be yours biased on your experience not what some rag tells you.

Last edited by Disturbed; 05-14-2015 at 01:20 AM..
Appreciate 0