BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

02-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Problems with new dealership, getting tranny fluid replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackman View Post
Welp, it took only barely a day but Keeler BMW replaced the tranny. And the buttons next to the shifter that were coming off, which garbage Hassel BMW said "would take months to come in."

The transmission, and those buttons, feels beautiful now. One interesting thing was, I called my service advisor to ask if the oil in the tranny needed to be changed after 1,200 miles like a new one. He responded that they had no idea so they emailed BMW's engineers who soon responded yes.
I'm so glad I've found a dealership that's willing to do the right thing and find out the correct information, unlike that horrible Hassel BMW in Long Island.

So... It's been a couple months, and a bit more than 1,200 miles (but not a ton more). So I set up an appointment at the up-till-now wonderful Keeler's website for them to do the transmission fluid change I mentioned in the quoted post earlier.

My service advisor, same as last time I believe, gave me a call a few hours later saying there was no need to do a transmission fluid flush on a car with a replaced transmission. I told him, very nicely since so far I loved the dealership, that they had actually contacted BMW about that for me a few months ago and told me it did need to be done and they were glad I'd asked. On the phone I said it was by email we had this conversation and he asked me to forward him a copy.
So I looked through my emails and found nothing--all our correspondence was by phone, as I ensured myself by looking up and reading what I'd written in this thread.
So I emailed my service advisor letting him know I was wrong and that it was by phone and voicemail back in October that Keeler BMW had let me know about BMW's info on the fluid change, telling him I found a thread I'd made about the issue on a bmw forum. I said if my own recollection wasn't enough, that his service department please contact BMW again.

His reply to my email did not even include a heading, a greeting like "Mr. Valencia" or anything. He just jumped right in with just this for a message, and I quote exactly as written, all that was in the entire email: "YOU told me you got a e mail from bmw right . where is the e mail ?"
No closing/signature, nothing. Just exactly what I quoted. How unprofessional is that?
So when I got home tonight I've sent another email apologizing if he found me rude, but I did want this resolved as the dealership who sold me my M3 neglected to change the fluid after break-in and then only 15k miles later I had to get the tranny replaced.

Short version: New dealership for me since I moved to Albany did beautiful work on my car and customer service for me back in October replacing my transmission under warranty. They told me BMW had told them, after they asked for me, the fluid needed to be changed after 1,200 miles were put on the tranny, just as with a new M3's. So now I try to make an appointment and my SA tells me, off the top of his head, that it doesn't need to be changed. When I sent him an email asking him to check with BMW again (as I realized I didn't have email correspondences about the fluid information, the convos were by phone with them) I get JUST this in reply: "YOU told me you got a e mail from bmw right . where is the e mail ?"

see this thread for backstory on why I liked Keeler, and the above quote: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...52#post8215752