BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

12-04-2007, 07:15 PM   #23
Wolfpack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything in my garage

Garage List
It reminds me of a squashed Pontiac Aztec, the greatest farse of design ever perpetrated on the automotive public.

I couldn't care how well it drives, that thing is a turd on wheels. And the interior is just as ghastly. Maybe you need to be under 20 to think that is good, I just don't get it.
      12-05-2007, 02:07 AM   #24
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Hilarious to see such boldly negative and shallow comments from people who have never driven, let alone seen the car.

The 1er is fat, ugly and understeers and somehow gets worshipped, while we have people capping on a car that's been called sublime by everyone who's driven it because it doesn't have the marque.

I think the BMW marque is becoming a mark of shame more than anything. Fat, understeering and overpriced. I'd take a GT-R over anything BMW offers ANY DAY.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #25
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
I have to say, this thing looks AMAZING in red. I think it was a mistake to make most of the press cars silver. Red really makes the design pop...
Nothing personally, but this is ugly. It looks like a combo of so many other cars. Mitsubishi Eclipse, Nissan 350z, etc.

No Thanks.
      12-11-2007, 12:47 AM   #26
Scuderia
Rep
Drives:

That is a great car, but I still would take the M3 over it. Also I don't think this car has the best brakes of a production car. Did they forget about the Ferrari F430's CC brakes?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #27
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
Yes, it is. Thank you so much for your insightful post

This is the epitome of why I am hesitant towards becoming a BMW owner. If you can't respect the GT-R and its heritage, then you are not a true automotive enthusiast. You are, however, ignorant.
:respekt: come on just because someone does not like a car or brand does not make them ignorant or not a true automotive enthusiast. everybody should be entitled to there opinion with out being personally attacked
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 10:52 AM   #28
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
:respekt: come on just because someone does not like a car or brand does not make them ignorant or not a true automotive enthusiast. everybody should be entitled to there opinion with out being personally attacked
But that's what us non BMW owners get from current BMW owners. That's the hesitation, some people are truly into cars and their performance aspect but there are quite a few people who are simply following a badge. It seems to be a trend for the BMW crowd to show zero respect for Japanese cars and even look down on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 12:17 PM   #29
Propagator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i LMB 6MT

Quote:
I don't think he's stopping anyone from expressing his opinion. This is internet, and if you say dumb stuff then people will call you dumb. I doubt that the guy who posted "it's a nissan!" went home and cried.

And yes, it's dumb (unless he was being sarcastic, which I think is actually more likely) to post a one line response "it's a nissan!" in a thread that discusses 480HP AWD performance car that set the kind of lap time it did. It DOES make one a badge follower than an automotive enthusiasts in many people's eyes, when the badge itself becomes your primary target of criticism. Really, how else would you define a badge whore? :iono:
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 12:57 PM   #30
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

It's fantastic, and if I wanted to spend that kinda money on a car, this would be it. However, I doubt the N-Ring times. Even if they are true, 997 GT2 is faster. I'll wait for times from an independant source. Nissan has put hotted-up cars around the track before to make claims about "world's fastest". If I'm not mistaken, Walter Rohrl said something implying that the GTR Nissan was using in testing wasn't QUITE "stock".
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #31
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
But that's what us non BMW owners get from current BMW owners. That's the hesitation, some people are truly into cars and their performance aspect but there are quite a few people who are simply following a badge. It seems to be a trend for the BMW crowd to show zero respect for Japanese cars and even look down on them.

Your generalizing there are always people that show zero respect for what ever japanese, european or American cars it all depends what there driving. when your on a BMW, Mazda or corvette forum you'll always get people that dislike anything other than what they got. I don't see it as a BMW thing there are fanbois everywhere
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #32
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Your generalizing there are always people that show zero respect for what ever japanese, european or American cars it all depends what there driving. when your on a BMW, Mazda or corvette forum you'll always get people that dislike anything other than what they got. I don't see it as a BMW thing there are fanbois everywhere
Hi, I'm on VW, Subaru, Mitsubishi, BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Honda forums just to name a few.
Appreciate 0