BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

12-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Go to Wendys and get the triple bacon burger
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #24
haig
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm an online coach/private trainer. Pm me if you'd like
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haig View Post
I'm an online coach/private trainer. Pm me if you'd like
Dude, so am I!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #26
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

haha^^
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #27
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
240-320g of protein is a ridiculous amount...
ha, I remember I was pissing foam when I was over-eating protein. Doc said I was right before kidney failure.

The foam does help catch all the back splash though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #28
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

ITT: mostly bro-science.

You're not eating enough calories. It's as simple as that. Consuming more calories than you burn will increase weight; you can't cheat physics and create mass/energy out of nothing.

What your calories consist of macro-wise (protein, carbs, fat), and what kind of physical activity you do will influence how you gain that weight, on top of your age and genetics.

You can get all technical and formulate a specific diet that's calculated based on your lean mass, BMR, etc., but the bottom line is this if you want to bulk up: eat as much as you can (and make sure you're providing your body with adequate levels of protein and carbs), and maintain a regular resistance training program.

If you break your muscles down in the gym--doesn't matter how you choose to do it--and refuel your body with the proper nutrients, you will grow.

You will gain fat on top of lean mass, but once you've bulked to a point that gives you the desired amount of lean mass, you'll be able to cut calories and lean out much more easily than initially.

Fuck those specialized diets like keto/paleo. Fuck someone's personal diet. Just follow the basic principles and learn how to lift and eat properly.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #29
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

And another thing: your genetics will determine where you gain and lose fat. There's no such thing as spot-training when it comes to fat gain/loss. And your genetics will also determine your muscle insertions and might hinder or give you an advantage at gaining mass in certain areas.

For instance, traps are largely based on genetics. Note how some people have high insertions which widen the neck and form a triangle, while other haves low-to-non-existent insertions, and have a hard time building any mass there (without a lil' juice at least, nomsayin).

You can influence the size and strength of your muscles, but your insertions will ultimately determine the overall shape.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Breast milk
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

thanks for the responses guys
my doctors says I have highly active metabolism. I eat a lot, I lift weights 3 times and still nothing. I guess I just have to live with what I am.
      12-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #32
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumere90 View Post
my doctors says I have highly active metabolism. I eat a lot, I lift weights 3 times and still nothing. I guess I just have to live with what I am.
You said you weigh 145 right? But what is your height?

If you want to gain weight it is very simple and easy to do. Just look up your BMR, and make sure that you are consuming a minimum of 1000 calories per day over your BMR, if you do this you will gain about 2lbs a week. You need to count the calories and buy a food scale, write down your calories and document everything that you put into your mouth, then evaluate your calories at the end of the day. Weigh or measure everything, to evaluate the calories. Eat calorie dense food like Natural Peanut butter on bananas with honey, and lots of nuts. It's better to eat plant based fats for health reasons...

''Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.''Ernest Hemingway
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #33
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
You said you weigh 145 right? But what is your height?

If you want to gain weight it is very simple and easy to do. Just look up your BMR, and make sure that you are consuming a minimum of 1000 calories per day over your BMR, if you do this you will gain about 2lbs a week. You need to count the calories and buy a food scale, write down your calories and document everything that you put into your mouth, then evaluate your calories at the end of the day. Weigh or measure everything, to evaluate the calories. Eat calorie dense food like Natural Peanut butter on bananas with honey, and lots of nuts. It's better to eat plant based fats for health reasons...
Like what?
      12-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #34
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Like what?
Nuts...
      12-12-2013, 08:28 AM   #35
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Nuts...
I meant what are the reasons.
      12-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
PSUSMU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Health reasons... natural fats/oils vs. saturated fats
      12-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #37
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Health reasons... natural fats/oils vs. saturated fats
I'm interested in specifics.

Like was mentioned earlier, lots of "bro science" and not much based in fact being posted in here.
      12-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:

There is a very strong correlation between a diet high in animal fats, and animal protein, and an increased risk, of cancer and heart disease. When consumed, certain animal products increase IGF1 which promotes growth in the body, and can also increase cancer risk through excess cell proliferation.

This graph says it all, the countries with the highest consumption of unrefined plant foods (like Laos) have the lowest incidence of cancer and heart disease, on the other side of the spectrum, the countries like Hungary, or the USA, with the highest consumption of animal products, and processed foods, have the highest risk of cancer and heart disease. As the percentage of calories consumed from unrefined plant foods increases, the risk for cancer and heart disease uniformly decreases.
Attached Images

Last edited by kingofthedemo; 12-12-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #39
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Interesting graph... Where did you find it?
I got that graph out of a book that I read called eat to live, written by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. This book has drastically changed my lifestyle, and I would strongly recommend it. It's very disturbing that almost one in two Americans now develops cancer in their lifetime. Dr. Fuhrman has analyzed over 3000 medical studies that explore the connection between diet and disease, and he writes his conclusions in this book. The book is filled with tons of solid science, with references. I can assure you that it isn't pseudoscience.

Quote:
To me, saying "plant based" is very vague and not always accurate when talking about healthy fats.
I should have been more specific, I was referring to unrefined plant based foods EG: not oils...

Quote:
There is a lot to it, and that's why I asked for specifics. Not everyone wants to be a vegan/vegetarian, and in moderation (along with free range, no hormone, etc.), meat is just fine..

I still eat animal products, but I have drastically reduced my consumption of them. Based on the studies I have read, I do personally believe that animal product consumption does raise the risk of cancer in general, despite how lean it is.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #40
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
I got that graph out of a book that I read called eat to live, written by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. This book has drastically changed my lifestyle, and I would strongly recommend it. It's very disturbing that almost one in two Americans now develops cancer in their lifetime. Dr. Fuhrman has analyzed over 3000 medical studies that explore the connection between diet and disease, and he writes his conclusions in this book. The book is filled with tons of solid science, with references. I can assure you that it isn't pseudoscience.

I should have been more specific, I was referring to unrefined plant based foods EG: not oils...

I still eat animal products, but I have drastically reduced my consumption of them. Based on the studies I have read, I do personally believe that animal product consumption does raise the risk of cancer in general, despite how lean it is.
Sorry, I deleted my post. I don't want to seem argumentative over personal preferences.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #41
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I deleted my post. I don't want to seem argumentative over personal preferences.
No problem at all man, I didn't think you were anyway.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #42
Bodie217
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '14 WRX, '14 Sequoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumere90 View Post
You should get your testosterone levels checked.

I have two friends who are over 6' and under 150lbs, would eat everything under the sun and take weight gaining supplements, and lift, and just didn't gain weight. One finally went to the doc for a knee problem. Doc decided to check test levels, turns out they were extremely low. Just over a month later after testosterone injections (NOT steroids), he's gained almost 10lbs and his knee is finally healing. The other friend got tested and didn't even register testosterone in his blood.
-2010 BMW 135i - Titanium Silver - Procede v3/ETS 5" IC/AR Catless DP>N54mid>Berk Race/BMS OCC/VRSF Turbo Inlets & CP/SP rotors/Pagid RS29/APEX ARC8/Ohlins DFV/M3 Full Suspension and Bushings/Wavetrac LSD // 395rwhp/469rwtq on 91oct
-2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum - Overlander
Appreciate 0