BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
ED Dropoff to Boat Time

What is the time you guys are seeing between drop off and the car getting on a boat? I dropped off at the Munich Airport early AM on Sep 10, and still have no word that it got on a boat to the US. grrrrrrrr
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
TTO898
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 (F10)

Your SA should be able to tell you which vessel it's on. I dropped off in Frankfurt on Sep 4 and I believe it took 10-14 days to get on the boat ("Courage"), and it just reached the port of destination (Brunswick GA) yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #3
surlynkid
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO898 View Post
Your SA should be able to tell you which vessel it's on. I dropped off in Frankfurt on Sep 4 and I believe it took 10-14 days to get on the boat ("Courage"), and it just reached the port of destination (Brunswick GA) yesterday.
Asked SA, and she said no boat name yet.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
Asked SA, and she said no boat name yet.
If you go to the shipping line, Wallenius&Wilhelmsen, website you can find the dates of the ships leaving Bremerhaven going to your VPC. From that, you might find the likely vessel that's going to carry your car.
Unfortunately they use other carriers such as NYK but W&W seems to be a biggee with BMW.
Just something for you to do while you wait for the SA to get you the name.
Oh, and when you get the name, go here www.marinetraffic.com and track her movement across the the Atlantic. Also on this website, the ship will update her port arrival date if she needs to.
If you go to the port of arrival website, you might also find the scheduled arrival date of the ship to the port. I know Port Hueneme publishes it.
Lastly, you can find the name of the truck carrier, get their phone number and, with your vin and if your nice to them, they'll tell you when you car is on their truck and on what day and time your car will arrive at the dealer.

Have a Dos Equis and Stay busy, my friend
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
What is the time you guys are seeing between drop off and the car getting on a boat? I dropped off at the Munich Airport early AM on Sep 10, and still have no word that it got on a boat to the US. grrrrrrrr
I dropped off on the afternoon of the 8th at Munich airport and my car ended up on Topeka which left on the 19th, and gets to Georgia on Monday. Your car should be on the same boat as it's coming to Houston. Enter your vin in the shipping website in the post above and it should confirm that you are on Topeka.

The wait should almost be over.

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3, E39 M5, E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
surlynkid
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I dropped off on the afternoon of the 8th at Munich airport and my car ended up on Topeka which left on the 19th, and gets to Georgia on Monday. Your car should be on the same boat as it's coming to Houston. Enter your vin in the shipping website in the post above and it should confirm that you are on Topeka.

The wait should almost be over.
SA confirmed it is on the topeka, but i cannot get that vessel name to pop up on the martime website mentioned above. now i need my estimate between monday and when i can pick it up at Spartanburg.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
SA confirmed it is on the topeka, but i cannot get that vessel name to pop up on the martime website mentioned above. now i need my estimate between monday and when i can pick it up at Spartanburg.
Topeka wend off the map around noon today, I think it went too far away from the coast. It was around Virginia this morning, so it should be on track to reach Georgia early Monday morning if not sooner.
Yes, I'm stalking the boat.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
surlynkid
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
Topeka wend off the map around noon today, I think it went too far away from the coast. It was around Virginia this morning, so it should be on track to reach Georgia early Monday morning if not sooner.
Yes, I'm stalking the boat.
i feel better now. i couldn't find it and clicked on everything between NY and GA, even moored boats. no topeka. glad to know i am not going crazy. i need a car. the mods pile is getting a little out of hand. i need to install them and get my entertainment center room empty again.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
03BeastCharmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Topeka is back and looks to be ahead of schedule. Now target for docking this afternoon.

Appreciate 0