BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

08-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #45
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
i actually prefer warm weather so am all for global warming.
Crap that reminds me, I have to spray extra hairspray into the atmosphere tonight, I missed a couple of days last week when I working late..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #46
Gort
Klaatu Barada Nikto
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3-35i

All right, now your getting him pissed....

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #47
Lex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i M Sport Sport Wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
The theory that we do not know the age of Earth and temperatures 100,000 years ago is really not a theory but an empty claim. That is all I said. As for the temp raise in last 100,000 years -- it clearly (average) went up, so no doubt about it. Again -- as the cycle or caused by something else, that is the question. The disturbing thing is that it went up more rapidly since our latest industrial revolution (1970's and on) than ever before, along with the CO2 levels. Clearly an indication that we did have something to do with it.

You could theorize on why the temp went up lately, and so on, but to tell us that we have no clues about the events 500,000 years old is simply untrue.
Your getting my comments confused with someone elses. I was commenting on the previous persons experience of how they noticed in the last ten years the planet had warmed from their own personal exprience . 10 years is such a minute time span as far as the earth is concerned that it is insignificant.

Again the Sun is going through a cycle of increased radiation. The Suns radiation has increased .05% per decade since the late 1970's.

I'm sure you can come up with similar data to suport your "theory"
Just like I have mine. I think your wrong & i'm not going to change my way of life.

I think we have to agree to disagree.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #48
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

10 seconds

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 11:39 AM   #49
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

oh shit, i'm dead

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 12:43 PM   #50
bulletproof
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Nice to see a couple of people who can think for themselves. The global warming "crisis" is a made up situation to generate enormous amounts of money and political clout - nothing more.

Do we have some impact on our environment? Certainly. Can we improve our ways to minimize that impact? Of course. But the gaul to use the word "crisis"??? What horse shit.

The Earth is a living planet and the climate is constantly changing. A volcano errupting does more to "harm" the climate than we do. Perhaps they should outlaw volcanic erruptions.

I choose not to take my scientific advice from Al Gore and empty headed celebutards.
I guess even the Pentagon, which has openly reported Global Warming to become a worldwide crisis in the next 20 years is also just saying this for monetary gains??

And all the scientists of the world come together and agree that a crisis is happening and your logic is that they are all corrupt and proclaiming it for monetary gains?

That is just sad.

Al Gore or whoever didnt invent this problem. They are just bringing it to our attention.

The best thing that could ever happen to this planet is to have it run out of fossil fuels to burn. No more middle east problems for the U.S. and a forced use of alternate cleaner fuel sources. Problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 01:02 PM   #51
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Even assuming that GW is a fact, its causes are not determined to be other than natural at this point.......So even if the Pentagon says the world is warming it is without consequence to the main discussion about what causes GW-something about which we simply do not know enough. After all he planet has gone through several cycles of natural cooling and warming trends, each one lasting hundreds/thousands of years, all without the presence of humans and, after human life was established in sufficent numbers, before the Industrial revolution began.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 01:41 PM   #52
Lex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i M Sport Sport Wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerista View Post
Even assuming that GW is a fact, its causes are not determined to be other than natural at this point.......So even if the Pentagon says the world is warming it is without consequence to the main discussion about what causes GW-something about which we simply do not know enough. After all he planet has gone through several cycles of natural cooling and warming trends, each one lasting hundreds/thousands of years, all without the presence of humans and, after human life was established in sufficent numbers, before the Industrial revolution began.
+1
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #53
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Okay your right the slap thing was silly. I just get frustrated with all the misinformation out there. If someone is so concerned about the planet & their impact on it they should get rid of the house they live in, get rid of their car, walk everywhere & live on a communal farm where their impact to the environment will be minimal. But they won't! They want everyone else to adhere to thier theories when their is no proof that man has caused global warming, just 30 ears ago in the same scientific community was predicting the next Ice age was uopn us. Just use your common sence.

Another thing about the polar ice caps melting. Do yourself a little expirment, get a glass of water & fill it up about 3/4ths of the way to the top(however much you like it doesn't matter) now add ice to it to fill up the glass almost to the top. Let it melt & come back to it later....what happens to the water level in the glass...NOTHING, it stays the same, the ice before it melted was displacing the water & now that it melted the water level stayed the same.
This does not take into effect the ice on Antartica because most of that ice is on top of the continent itself., there is no land mass at the north pole its all ice. People have to chill(no pun intended) & use common sence as well.
It's so refreshing to read all of you on here who actually have a f&*king brain and loads of common sense.

All these dim-wits who follow Al Gore around and all his so called "truths" just don't think for themselves. Why is it just RECENTLY he is bringing this up? Why not when he was running for President in 2000? Or while he was VP? If man-made global warming is around now, it was around way back when.

The earth is just like organisms, it will evolve with time and the changes that take place.

Although I believe it was mentioned, there is a TON of CO2 being released from the bottom of the ocean floor. Changes are taking place, it's just another cycle.
Appreciate 0