BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

08-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #89
BMW2011DCT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 DCT White Carbon Roof

question was gr800?

I know I said I beat my M5 up but what I did say was: DO I really need to break the car in to 2,000 or 3,000 miles like some people are saying on this website? I guess I just want to know if I can go over 5,000 RPM and above 105 in my M3 after 1200 miles?
GR800 please do not respond to this because their are enough rude people in this world and I was hoping I would not find any of them here.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #90
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2011DCT View Post
I know I said I beat my M5 up but what I did say was: DO I really need to break the car in to 2,000 or 3,000 miles like some people are saying on this website? I guess I just want to know if I can go over 5,000 RPM and above 105 in my M3 after 1200 miles?
GR800 please do not respond to this because their are enough rude people in this world and I was hoping I would not find any of them here.
Not sure what this has to do with me but ok...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 10:29 PM   #91
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

"break in" is like dating and once pass 1.2 service,- you can do whatever you want, as in marriage ...or the other way around
      08-14-2010, 04:50 AM   #92
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
YES it does.... Your cars on board computer has a historical data file, so even if they dont use the "all knowing" fob as soon as they hook up the diagnostic computer to yours.... all the information is right there.

This thread is pointless..... don't adhere to your break in guidance or do... I dont give a shit either way. Just dont come back and waste band width making threads and bitching about issues with your cars or the shitty, cocksucker, douche bag, dealerships that wont make repairs under warranty.

OGTFO
No it does not. If you do not place the key into the slot the key is an idiot... it won't have any data to give. If you don't believe me, take your car to the dealership with the key in the slot and get a reading... then take the key and put it in your pocket and drive for a BIT AND GO BACK... The data that your key will have stored will be the data that you first arrived with.

I never argued that the "on board computer" doesn't store files so you can move on with your argument.

And, the thread isn't pointless it's asking a question that many would like to know the answer to. By the way, you had the option of keeping on past it before you clicked to enter... enough said no? At the end of the day there are those that have adhered to the breakin period and those of us that haven't... I fall into the haven't/ didn't category and my cars are relatively trouble free. And I'd like to add that I've never had any issue getting warranty work done even when it was obvious that I had mods...
      08-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #93
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
I was being a smart ass
ok
      08-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #94
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

You can listen to a thousand speculating amatures or you can follow the explicit instructions given to you by the pros that designed and built the car. Its up to you to decide which is more intelligent. If you choose (a) maybe its your ass and maybe its not. It just depends on your risk tolerance.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #95
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill335 View Post
No it does not. If you do not place the key into the slot the key is an idiot... it won't have any data to give. If you don't believe me, take your car to the dealership with the key in the slot and get a reading... then take the key and put it in your pocket and drive for a BIT AND GO BACK... The data that your key will have stored will be the data that you first arrived with.

I never argued that the "on board computer" doesn't store files so you can move on with your argument.

And, the thread isn't pointless it's asking a question that many would like to know the answer to. By the way, you had the option of keeping on past it before you clicked to enter... enough said no? At the end of the day there are those that have adhered to the break in period and those of us that haven't... I fall into the haven't/ didn't category and my cars are relatively trouble free. And I'd like to add that I've never had any issue getting warranty work done even when it was obvious that I had mods...
If you go to the dealership for any service... tech MUST put the key in the slot and BLAMO!!!! all the information is there. I have a good friend who is a mechanic at my dealership and trust me, I do know the ins and outs of what I can and cannot do AT MY DEALERSHIP!!!

I am quite sure that the break in for your 335 is different than the M3.
      08-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #96
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

Break-in gone wrong

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #97
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
If you go to the dealership for any service... tech MUST put the key in the slot and BLAMO!!!! all the information is there. I have a good friend who is a mechanic at my dealership and trust me, I do know the ins and outs of what I can and cannot do AT MY DEALERSHIP!!!

I am quite sure that the break in for your 335 is different than the M3.
Is English your primary language? If so, it should be fairly simple to comprehend that in which I stated. If you have a car with Comfort access and you do not place the key into the slot... the data on the key will be from your previous trips in which you placed the key into the slot. I challenge you to go to the dealership and prove me wrong. Run along and play and report back. If you'd like, I'd wager a bit of coin on what I'm saying... what say you?

By the way, the 335 aint my first or only BMW... so you can chunk the elitist prick talk out the window with me. You are dead wrong and you need to quit.
      08-16-2010, 01:57 AM   #98
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Is English your primary language? If so, it should be fairly simple to comprehend that in which I stated. If you have a car with Comfort access and you do not place the key into the slot... the data on the key will be from your previous trips in which you placed the key into the slot. I challenge you to go to the dealership and prove me wrong. Run along and play and report back. If you'd like, I'd wager a bit of coin on what I'm saying... what say you?

By the way, the 335 aint my first or only BMW... so you can chunk the elitist prick talk out the window with me. You are dead wrong and you need to quit.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... thanks, I needed a chuckle to start this dreary monday.

Elitist??? Your kidding right?? I have not insulted you in any manner. Simply stated that the break in requirements for your 335 are different than the M3's. Never mentioned MY M3.... if that hurt your feelings.... sorry for ya pal. Maybe you have some personal issues, but they are not MY issues. Facts are facts...... cant handle it?..... move on

Thanks to high speed here

I went to the dealership this morning to check the validity of my posts, and I have Comfort access. I have NEVER put my fob into the slot. The mechanic took my key.... put it into the slot, then stuck my key in the donut looking thing on his desk and sure as shit, historical data popped up on his screen. Everything from, Average Speed, Average RPM, top speed driven, max RPMS, and Redline data the last time i filled the tank and how much fuel I put in. HMMMM looks like I was right.

So I guess I will wear my "Elitist Prick" badge for the day.

Last edited by M3Fool; 08-16-2010 at 02:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 04:38 AM   #99
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:

Elitist??? Your kidding right?? I have not insulted you in any manner. Simply stated that the break in requirements for your 335 are different than the M3's. Never mentioned MY M3.... if that hurt your feelings.... sorry for ya pal. Maybe you have some personal issues, but they are not MY issues. Facts are facts...... cant handle it?..... move on

Elitist... you spoke to me about the difference between the break in on a 335 and an M3. Do you really think that I don't know the difference? The reality is that you haven't the slightest clue as to what I have in my garage. But it's always easier to attempt to discount what another says rather than simply stick to the facts. No personal issues here... just the truth.

And I expect this type of attitude and utter stupidity from... well you get it... High speed with the high and tight . But I'll digress and stop the branch of service chin checking...

Quote:
I went to the dealership this morning to check the validity of my posts, and I have Comfort access. I have NEVER put my fob into the slot. The mechanic took my key.... put it into the slot, then stuck my key in the donut looking thing on his desk and sure as shit, historical data popped up on his screen. Everything from, Average Speed, Average RPM, top speed driven, max RPMS, and Redline data the last time i filled the tank and how much fuel I put in. HMMMM looks like I was right.

You are a liar. There is no way in hell that you used comfort access this morning and got an accurate reading on your key fob if you had it in your pocket. Who do you think the people on this forum are? Do you think we're stupid or something? I'm sure you never thought of researching the very point I'm making before hand... do a SIMPLE SEARCH ON "KEY READER". If you really didn't put your key fob into the slot, you sure as shit didn't get an accurate reading... especially not mileage . But hell, what do I know? I only have a 335 and the comfort access on that thing is different no? LMAO... you better wake up! I have no reason to toot my horn by posting all of the vehicles I own... especially not on an internet forum.

Now, would you like to tell the truth for a change and admit that you've made up the entire scenario, or would you like us to continue thinking of you as the liar you are? The choice is yours... If you'd like a clue as to who I am and what I actually own... contact Mathias Hemmer at Pentagon Car sales in Kaiserslautern and tell him that NHodge in Alabama is calling your bluff.
      08-16-2010, 04:42 AM   #100
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:

WE being M3 owners know your right, but some may think your wrong, hopefully you have made your point and we can move on.
BMW same as Nissan with the GTR, check very thoroughly data saved in the event of component failure , anything to void your piece of mind.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #101
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
WE being M3 owners know your right, but some may think your wrong, hopefully you have made your point and we can move on.
BMW same as Nissan with the GTR, check very thoroughly data saved in the event of component failure , anything to void your piece of mind.
How do you know he is correct? that is a lie. You are not the only M3 owners here. And his point is asinine and very wrong. You cannot get an accurate reading from the key reader if you do not place it into the slot prior to arriving at the dealership. This is fact and is proven.

If you're talking about plugging the car up to a GT1 or something... totally different scenario.
      08-16-2010, 06:16 AM   #102
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
How do you know he is correct? that is a lie. You are not the only M3 owners here. And his point is asinine and very wrong. You cannot get an accurate reading from the key reader if you do not place it into the slot prior to arriving at the dealership. This is fact and is proven.

If you're talking about plugging the car up to a GT1 or something... totally different scenario.
Listen KNOB, how do you think the Doors open without keys????????, think for a week............................................ ................. twigged it yet. Now go figure.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #103
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Elitist... you spoke to me about the difference between the break in on a 335 and an M3. Do you really think that I don't know the difference? The reality is that you haven't the slightest clue as to what I have in my garage. But it's always easier to attempt to discount what another says rather than simply stick to the facts. No personal issues here... just the truth.

And I expect this type of attitude and utter stupidity from... well you get it... High speed with the high and tight . But I'll digress and stop the branch of service chin checking...

You are a liar. There is no way in hell that you used comfort access this morning and got an accurate reading on your key fob if you had it in your pocket. Who do you think the people on this forum are? Do you think we're stupid or something? I'm sure you never thought of researching the very point I'm making before hand... do a SIMPLE SEARCH ON "KEY READER". If you really didn't put your key fob into the slot, you sure as shit didn't get an accurate reading... especially not mileage . But hell, what do I know? I only have a 335 and the comfort access on that thing is different no? LMAO... you better wake up! I have no reason to toot my horn by posting all of the vehicles I own... especially not on an internet forum.

Now, would you like to tell the truth for a change and admit that you've made up the entire scenario, or would you like us to continue thinking of you as the liar you are? The choice is yours... If you'd like a clue as to who I am and what I actually own... contact Mathias Hemmer at Pentagon Car sales in Kaiserslautern and tell him that NHodge in Alabama is calling your bluff.

Listen HIGH SPEED...... first off lets quit with the name calling and accusations shall we. If you cant play like a big boy, then take your toys and play elsewhere.

Now before you repost a quote, you should read the entire post and comprehend it Einstein, before you discount it and call folks liars. I will write slowly so you can understand...

I said I went to the dealership this morning...Got it??? Good.

I did use comfort access this morning (I have NEVER used the key in the car)... no key fob in the slot.... Trackin'?

The Mechanic at the dealer took my key fob and stuck it in the slot in the car... Stay with me here.

He took the key out of the slot and put it in the donut key reader thingy on his desk and all the data popped up on his screen...... Ready for the finale???

The historical data transferred from the the car to the FOB. AAAAAND it had information from this morning on it....... AMAZING, saw it with my own eyes.

Now maybe this data logging is not available on older models (mine is a 2011) but it sure as shit logged and tranferred the data from my car to the FOB.

As far the Branch of service comment, truly fucking retarded. Grow up

Last edited by M3Fool; 08-16-2010 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 11:02 AM   #104
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:

Fool is correct. Why are you so angry?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #105
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
You cannot get an accurate reading from the key reader if you do not place it into the slot prior to arriving at the dealership. This is fact and is proven.
Was anyone really trying to argue that the key will have the current info even if you don't put it into the ignition? I don't think they were.

The point is, you can't keep the dealership from inserting the key. Even if you don't do it yourself, they can easily do it themselves. If you protest, they are just going to be more suspicious. And once you hand over the key and leave, they will be able to do it without your interference.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #106
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Was anyone really trying to argue that the key will have the current info even if you don't put it into the ignition? I don't think they were.

The point is, you can't keep the dealership from inserting the key. Even if you don't do it yourself, they can easily do it themselves. If you protest, they are just going to be more suspicious. And once you hand over the key and leave, they will be able to do it without your interference.
Yes, Fool was and he is incorrect.
      08-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #107
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyJack View Post
Fool is correct. Why are you so angry?
That is a lie. If you do not insert the key into the slot, the car will not record current data. This is a fact and it is backed in numerous threads on this very forum. Search and you'll also see the truth...

Angry? No... I hate liars.
      08-16-2010, 02:36 PM   #108
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Listen KNOB, how do you think the Doors open without keys????????, think for a week............................................ ................. twigged it yet. Now go figure.
What the hell does opening the doors have to do with the car logging current data? You dolts really are stupid! No current data will be logged on the key if you do not place it into the slot when driving. The data will be from your previous trips... search "Key Reader" and then get back at me... pretty simple no?
      08-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #109
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Listen HIGH SPEED...... first off lets quit with the name calling and accusations shall we. If you cant play like a big boy, then take your toys and play elsewhere.

Now before you repost a quote, you should read the entire post and comprehend it Einstein, before you discount it and call folks liars. I will write slowly so you can understand...

I said I went to the dealership this morning...Got it??? Good.

I did use comfort access this morning (I have NEVER used the key in the car)... no key fob in the slot.... Trackin'?

The Mechanic at the dealer took my key fob and stuck it in the slot in the car... Stay with me here.

He took the key out of the slot and put it in the donut key reader thingy on his desk and all the data popped up on his screen...... Ready for the finale???

The historical data transferred from the the car to the FOB. AAAAAND it had information from this morning on it....... AMAZING, saw it with my own eyes.

Now maybe this data logging is not available on older models (mine is a 2011) but it sure as shit logged and tranferred the data from my car to the FOB.

As far the Branch of service comment, truly fucking retarded. Grow up
It is expected for idiocy to be displayed by members of your branch... retarded? Hmmm... you tracking?

Quit lying and tell the truth for a change. You are trying to convince the people that your car is this miraculous freak of nature that does things that no other Comfort Access car is capable of. Forgive me for pointing and laughing at you for being full of shit.

I call things as they are, nothing more, nothing less. If you don't like it... put me on your ignore list and move on. The fact of the matter is you're a liar and full of shit and I'm calling you on it.

I read your quote and comprehended that in which you stated... Bullshit is all it is.
      08-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #110
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

Quote:
That is a lie. If you do not insert the key into the slot, the car will not record current data. This is a fact and it is backed in numerous threads on this very forum. Search and you'll also see the truth...

Angry? No... I hate liars.
The historical data from the car's computer is transferred to the FOB once it is placed into the slot. Why do you think this is a lie?
Appreciate 0