BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

05-12-2010, 04:32 AM   #45
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimabimmer View Post
WTF?

I believe, when a man fails all in life,- he either works in a pizzeria, or becomes a car salesman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Quote of the year.
Without a doubt!
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 04:38 AM   #46
Cab5er
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 (Sold) 13 A1

1. Should have done more research before ordering

2. Never trust a car salesmam

E90 ///M3/ AW/ Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 06:18 AM   #47
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumpapi View Post
okay so i spoke to my ca, and he still claim the car came with the assist button. But anyway, aside from the assist, which is also related to the bluetooth, he told me, he was going to ship to me some piece in which i could install myself in the car, and ill have blue tooth enabled. So, lets wait and see what the part is.
Can you see the SOS button on the roof or not?

Come on, bro... this is getting absurd. What do you think that this SA will ship to you? It must be a dildo, so you can go and **** yourself.

Sorry for the visual but seriously, why you keep talking to this SA when he's full of crap?

Either complaint to the dealer manager or to BMWNA if you have some proof that you requested Assist/BT and you did not get it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #48
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Can you see the SOS button on the roof or not?

Come on, bro... this is getting absurd. What do you think that this SA will ship to you? It must be a dildo, so you can go and **** yourself.

Sorry for the visual but seriously, why you keep talking to this SA when he's full of crap?

Either complaint to the dealer manager or to BMWNA if you have some proof that you requested Assist/BT and you did not get it.
It does make me wonder if he spent big bucks or is just b**sh*ting, who orders a car not knowing whats coming?, or just taking the sales rats word
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #49
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #50
platinumpapi
Sylish Driver
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

I knew exactly what was coming. Because of exactly what i had ordered. Now when i was going to select the optional assist option, i was told not too, since the new M3's came with it. It's that clear.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #51
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
I knew exactly what was coming. Because of exactly what i had ordered. Now when i was going to select the optional assist option, i was told not too, since the new M3's came with it. It's that clear.
If it came without it and they said it had it take it back and demand the car you expected not what they decided you would get. It's that simple.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #52
platinumpapi
Sylish Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
If it came without it and they said it had it take it back and demand the car you expected not what they decided you would get. It's that simple.
I am very near the point where i will do just that.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #53
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Lesson learned: never trust the sales droid.

Always check the ordering guide, brochure, and specs at BMWUSA.com. When you see that those all match and confirm Bluetooth and Assist are optional, then you can be sure that the sales goon is giving you bad info.

Finally, always read the online forums for your car (whatever car it might be) before you buy it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #54
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab5er View Post
1. Should have done more research before ordering

2. Never trust a car salesmam
this

A simple build of the car on www.bmwusa.com is the easiest way to know what options are available and what you might be missing out on. I'm surprised you never did this since you were ordering a car.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #55
platinumpapi
Sylish Driver
Rep

At the time I ordered my car the 2011 m3 was not on bmwusa.com
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #56
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
At the time I ordered my car the 2011 m3 was not on bmwusa.com
Paitence is a virtue comes to mind. Sorry you didn't get what you wanted, but even building a 2010 model should have told you what options you needed. I like using the car builder on edmunds.com as it also explains the options pretty well.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 03:14 PM   #57
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Quote:
I am very near the point where i will do just that.
Do it. I see no reason that you are obligated to keep the car, based upon what the CA told you. They will still be able to sell it.

The bad thing is that you need to re-order and wait, or go find one on a lot that is to your specs.

Cheers.

P.S. A dildo would make an interesting accessory. I wonder if it has the ///M3 logo or just the plain BMW roundel on it?
      05-13-2010, 05:47 PM   #58
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2013 550 DINAN STAGE 2

hes def sending this to you
dealers are such scumbags, took me an hour to get it thru his head i wanted a 2011 not the 2010 on the floor

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #59
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Do it. I see no reason that you are obligated to keep the car, based upon what the CA told you. They will still be able to sell it.
There is almost zero chance that the car can be returned at this point. The CA and dealership would have to admit that they told the guy the car would come with BT as built when it didn't. Even if they did the car has also been accepted, as-is, without BT. The only way it could be returned is if the dealer did it out of the kindness of their heart. Like the tin man, dealership don't have hearts. If it's been titled, they'd lose their ass taking the car back at this point.

It's not like a feature was paid for that's not on the car and I can guarantee doesn't say anywhere on the purchase/build order that the car would come with BT or a package that includes BT.

When you sign a $70k contract you better know what's in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #60
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan View Post
There is almost zero chance that the car can be returned at this point. The CA and dealership would have to admit that they told the guy the car would come with BT as built when it didn't. Even if they did the car has also been accepted, as-is, without BT. The only way it could be returned is if the dealer did it out of the kindness of their heart. Like the tin man, dealership don't have hearts. If it's been titled, they'd lose their ass taking the car back at this point.

It's not like a feature was paid for that's not on the car and I can guarantee doesn't say anywhere on the purchase/build order that the car would come with BT or a package that includes BT.

When you sign a $70k contract you better know what's in it.
It may depend on the state, but isn't there some sort of buyer's remorse thing? I think you have 30 days in MD and 60 days in some other states. IDK. I agree with you about doing your research, esp. with $70K, but when the BMW representative (the CA) tells you something that's not true then you could call that misrepresentation in the best case, and fraud in the worst.

Perhaps it is too late. But I would try. And I don't agree that the dealer would lose their ass on the deal. Doesn't it take a few days for the title to go through anyway?

Whatever. I wish the OP best of luck.

Cheers.
      05-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #61
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
It may depend on the state, but isn't there some sort of buyer's remorse thing? I think you have 30 days in MD and 60 days in some other states. IDK. I agree with you about doing your research, esp. with $70K, but when the BMW representative (the CA) tells you something that's not true then you could call that misrepresentation in the best case, and fraud in the worst.

Perhaps it is too late. But I would try. And I don't agree that the dealer would lose their ass on the deal. Doesn't it take a few days for the title to go through anyway?

Whatever. I wish the OP best of luck.

Cheers.
The "buyer's remorse" or "cooling off period" for new car purchases is the one urban legend that I wish would die a quick death. Neither my state (NC) nor any other to my knowledge has such a thing. You sign the papers and drive off and the car is yours.

That doesn't mean the OP doesn't have recourse if he can prove that he was misled and reasonably relied on the CA's statements. If the OP has the statement in writing he can get somewhere, if not I expect both the dealer and BMWNA will tell him to bugger off (in the nicest possible way of course).

Idiot CA + poorly informed buyer + PCD = Disaster. But for any of those factors this probably wouldn't have happened, the PCD was the killer because of having to sign the docs before delivery. If the car was a regular delivery the OP could have in theory rejected delivery of the car upon discovering it lacked the phone interface and received his deposit back.

As others have noted the wiring for the Assist/BT no longer comes in cars without that feature. I've read the trials of several people who have tried to add the factory integrated BT to a 2009/10/11 car without it, and they've gotten nowhere.

The lack of Bluetooth sucks, even worse IMO is this car is a bit of an albatross. I expect the OP is going to have a heck of a time finding a buyer for a loaded M3...less the premium package. Hopefully he plans on having it a very, very long time.

Best of luck, hope things work out somehow.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 07:39 PM   #62
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
The "buyer's remorse" or "cooling off period" for new car purchases is the one urban legend that I wish would die a quick death. Neither my state (NC) nor any other to my knowledge has such a thing. You sign the papers and drive off and the car is yours.

That doesn't mean the OP doesn't have recourse if he can prove that he was misled and reasonably relied on the CA's statements. If the OP has the statement in writing he can get somewhere, if not I expect both the dealer and BMWNA will tell him to bugger off (in the nicest possible way of course).
Exactly. In CO and some other states you do have a 3 day right to rescind but only on some contracts signed in your place of residence. Almost every other contract, like this one, is enforceable before the ink is dry.

In this situation, proving the case is the hard part. Unless it's in writing, which it's apparently not, you're SOL. If you had a witness to corroborate you might get somewhere. You'd have to go to court though. The expense wouldn't be worth it and you might not even win.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #63
gjpinoy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW M3 E92

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 E92  [9.60]
don't you have paper work or receipt of your purchase? should say it all there.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #64
bmwboi
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
this

A simple build of the car on www.bmwusa.com is the easiest way to know what options are available and what you might be missing out on. I'm surprised you never did this since you were ordering a car.
+1. I've configured a car the way I want but still have a few questions that I'll probably post on here when I get ready to purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #65
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Ok, I did a little research and there are no buyers remorse laws for cars. I was wrong about that. GM and maybe other manufacturers and dealers have a 60 return policy but it's not law. And I'm sure you're all going to tell me that BMW does not have this, so I won't even ask.

Cheers.
      05-14-2010, 05:17 PM   #66
platinumpapi
Sylish Driver
Rep

Its fine, I'll del with it. After all I do have the iPhone and could connect it to the speakers through the auxiliary port.

I did want assist incase something happened to my car, but I'm guessing AAA may have my back on this one. Or I be alive I have assist as well since the SERVICE does comes with the car but I have to call. I just hate that they can't locate my car via gps I assume.
Appreciate 0