BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #23
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

I think op is asking it strictly as a DCT and not a choice btw manual and DCT. I have the DCT and I think its the best transmission. The safety issue is only present in D (Auto). Most of m3 owners drive the lights out of the car and when you do, the DCT is just very very fast and sensational. I wont be debating on this but I think your answer reeks of someone who chooses to hear comments than drive a DCT itself to know whats its all about.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|

Last edited by southlight; 07-02-2009 at 08:02 AM.. Reason: edit
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

If these don't convince you how mofuggin awesome dct is I don't know what would .... fuck I want to go out and drive my car right now.

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlkHt1XQCl8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hlkHt1XQCl8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245927

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/es1IzDQ52y8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/es1IzDQ52y8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&featur e=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #25
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
oneginee, if you are this worked up about something you don't even own, how can you be so judgemental about your supposed physcological opinions on why others have a different opinion than you.
In my opinion, you're a little over the top here. I'm just not sure why someone would get their panties in such a wad over something that doesn't concern them. I'm constantly amazed at how many people chime in about the DCT who don't even drive one.
I drive mine every day, to work, to the grocery store, short road trips, long road trips, and spent yesterday at the track. At the track, the car was flawless. I don't lose any sleep over this lag thing. I've experienced it a couple of times, am aware of it, and just kind of drive around it, just like any other imperfection a car may have, (and they all have some). But even that is so rare, I can easily go for days or weeks without even being in a situation where I need to concern myself with it. I hope it gets fixed, but when and if they have an update, I wouldn't even make an appointment specifically for that. They could just take care of it at my next scheduled service... that's how much it bothers me. In any case, I certainly don't regret my choice.
Did Mr. oneginee delete his post? He is particularly annoying on the DCT topic, especially about the lag. I couldn't agree more with your post above. Well I do get the lag often and it bugs me a bit more than you, but your point is right on the money.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #26
chuckvic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Coupe

The DCT is great, but test drive before you buy. Porsche and Ferrari kinda agree, 911 has PDK and the california spider has it and I bet the follow on to F430 has it.

chuck 87 911
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #27
Johndoe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectile View Post
3 weeks with DCT, and I am loving it. No regrets, despite always enjoying manual transmissions on my sportscars in the past.

I have no lag issues.

Its perfect.
I had no lag issues either for first couple of months - but now if you slow down quickly and then quickly try to accelerate (when taking a 90deg turn say at a stop sign), the car definitely hesitates....it seems to have developed this lag in my 09
Appreciate 0