BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

07-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #23
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdrive View Post
The M3 is paid outright so lease a Honda civic for $199 a month or something with a low lease payment. If your girlfriend is moving in, I’m guessing she will contribute to the bills so the money you would be paying for those bills can go towards parking so claim the Honda Civic and its parking as a business expense. Teach your girlfriend how to drive a manual on the Honda Civic first. When she has the hang of it, then let her drive the M3. The clutches and horsepower are like night and day. She will need to be babied into the M3 clutch especially in Manhattan traffic. You don’t want the M3 to get away from her while she is learning how to drive. Think of all the times you may have had to take evasive maneuvers and shift without thinking to avoid a crazy cabdriver or a lost tourist. Just my opinion Good Luck
+100000
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSSIIM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
To start, I love my M3. Never thought about selling it until now.

My significant other will be moving in with me soon, and will be sharing one car (I live in NYC). She can't drive a manual transmission.

She is careful with her car that she has now, and is willing to learn to drive it, but I am not sure it's a good idea in Manhattan.

Secondarily, I have a new side consulting business that allows me to expense business items, including a lease on a car (my M3 is owned outright).

So options are:
1. Trust that she will learn and drive my M3 in NYC.
2. Sell the car and find a DCT M3 sedan
3. Lease a car such as F10 535
4. Lease or buy something else (A6, S4, used E63 AMG).

I do enjoy tracking my car so an SUV is out of the question.

Thanks again,
Neel
I can't believe you would actually think of getting rid of your M because she can't drive stick. Smh..
This. If you love the car that much keep it, and lease a family car that she can drive as an expense. Why get rid of something just because of a significant other? Is she permanent at least?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Why does she even get to drive the m3?! Pffft.

My gf of 6 years doesnt dare touch it because she knows she may scrape it, etc. and she dont want to put "///Missy" yeah thats what she calls it lol in any jeopardy. But she does have a nice 135i she can lug around pretty fast ha.

Tell your gf to buy her own car. Qhat kind of relationship is this? If its sugar daddy status, all of the above is rescinded haha.
Appreciate 0