BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

12-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #23
blk335i08
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

where can I get a permit?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:01 PM   #24
exo-ak-dk
Black Magic Wheels - BMW
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90

this is so America lol
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:03 PM   #25
leon
Private
Rep
Drives: random

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk335i08 View Post
where can I get a permit?
Depends on where you live. I'd look at that site I referenced early on. I'd also spend considerable time with regard to getting the appropriate training.

-Leon
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #26
leon
Private
Rep
Drives: random

I like the idea behind that desantisholster. Little more concerned though with sitting on the clip and it rubbing the leather.

I took a look at some of the biometric safe stuff like biovault. Pretty need but I'm not sure of anything small enough to fit in the main cabin and be accessible.

I'll look thinking on it too and report back if I find an acceptable solution.

I carry a full sized G22. How do you draw from IWB covered with the seatbelt further restricting movement?

-Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
I carry my G23 right-side in an IWB holster, pretty much right at the hip, and it is comfortable in the 335i sports seats, even on long drives. I think it depends more on where you place the sidearm though. Mine is always covered with a garment, so it never rubs directly on the leather. I've noticed no additional wear in that portion of the seat bolster.

Check out this Desantis holster, they even show it in a BMW, and an ///M car too! (At least based on the ///M tag on the steering wheel. ///M5?)

http://www.desantisholster.com/store...03&itm_index=0

I have no experience with this product, but it looks like another option:
http://www.holsterusa.com/index.php?...products_id=50

My friend is looking for a fingerprint lockbox to put under his seat (Saab), but we've been unable to find anything that fits.....
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #27
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

i dont carry gun!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #28
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrad01 View Post
...only in America!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #29
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post

I carry a full sized G22. How do you draw from IWB covered with the seatbelt further restricting movement?

-Leon
The seatbelt buckle doesn't actually get in the way. It does take a coordinated effort to move the shirt out of the way though. Depending on what is going on around me, sometimes I'll get the covering out of the way ahead of time. This is something I don't practice nearly enough, but since I don't park in my garage (full of work benches and a camper....), I don't want to freak out the neighbors practicing in the driveway....

A few friends have taken this course and say it is excellent: http://www.lmsdefense.com/lms/home/course/28

The first day is all about driving (j-turns, PITT, etc.) The second day also has a "vehicle ballistics lab" which really means shooting the crap out of the car to see how much cover and concealment it provides (or doesn't in some cases.....) Probably something similar out on the east coast....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #30
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

If you feel like you need to carry a gun with you while you drive, or on any other occasion, I seriously feel bad for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #31
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

good thing i only have to worry about being stabbed in the uk. for now..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #32
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
If you feel like you need to carry a gun with you while you drive, or on any other occasion, I seriously feel bad for you.

No need to feel bad for me. I actually feel bad for you, since you have far fewer rights living in Canada. At least I have the CHOICE to provide for my own defense, instead of hoping there is a cop around. If you don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. I however feel very comfortable carrying a sidearm every day.

Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.....
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #33
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

lol the last thing i need is the guy behind me who i just cut off carrying a gun
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #34
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhorse View Post
Wa sup Yall! Yee haww! Wheres mah moonshine?
I thought it was pretty funny. And not at all surprised it came from a cali liberal. Anyways, I too have been curious about this. I know for sure I'll have one on me when I'm old enough. Maybe have a 417 strapped away in the trunk for a rainy day too.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #35
scollins
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
good thing i only have to worry about being stabbed in the uk. for now..

Yes, the UK has a near total ban on civilian firearms ownership, and yet you still have crimes being committed with firearms! Funny how criminals don't bother to follow the laws of the land. It seems that the bumper-sticker philosphy of "When guns are banned, only criminals will have guns" bears a lot of truth. But I guess that is why they call them "criminals"!! The rise in stabbings will probably lead to knives being made "more safe" by only allowing rounded points and edges no sharper than a butter knife.

I also love reading stories from the UK where a man in his home defends himself against intruders, kills one of them, then HE goes to jail! He would have been better off letting the thugs kill him. I mean, afterall, you have absolutely no right to defend your life over there, with any means at all apparently.

Don't worry though, Obama and the liberals in DC will begin a full assault of the liberties of law-abiding citizens, then we'll be no better off than the Canadians, Australians or Britons.

[sarcasm]I look forward to the day when the government provides me with everything; money, food, shelter and security. It's worked out well the world over where it has been tried, if only us dumb Americans would get our acts together and give up our guns...[/sarcasm]

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #36
SupFl
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2002 A4 Avant

Thumbs up understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcommercial View Post
Yeah, a gun forum might be an OK place to ask the question, but the best spot to transport a handgun is very car-specific. It is better to ask other BMW owners who also own and transport guns.

I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Texas, and (of course) to carry in my car. Pretty much every adult in Texas is entitled to take the course to be certified (with certain logical exceptions, of course).

In Dist. of Columbia v. Heller, the U.S. Supreme Court recently struck down DC's overbearing handgun ownership restrictions and upheld the Constitutional right of individuals to keep and bear arms under the 2nd Amendment. So, look for other states to act in accordance with this ruling.
I just completed course & am in the process of getting mine - just say'n you're gonna conjur up some stuff on the site
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #37
Wake27
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i ZPP ZSP

Quote:
The first day is all about driving (j-turns, PITT, etc.) The second day also has a "vehicle ballistics lab" which really means shooting the crap out of the car to see how much cover and concealment it provides (or doesn't in some cases.....) Probably something similar out on the east coast....
That's sick. Definately wanna do that.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #38
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
No need to feel bad for me. I actually feel bad for you, since you have far fewer rights living in Canada. At least I have the CHOICE to provide for my own defense, instead of hoping there is a cop around. If you don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. I however feel very comfortable carrying a sidearm every day.

Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.....
It's cool.. I walk the streets, and drive my car in the biggest city in the Country and never feel the need to defend myself with a weapon. I leave my house door unlocked, never carry a weapon, and rarely if ever fear for my safety. Now that's freedom.

You're damn right bout cops being there when you don't need em, and never around when you actually do.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #39
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
It's cool.. I walk the streets, and drive my car in the biggest city in the Country and never feel the need to defend myself with a weapon. I leave my house door unlocked, never carry a weapon, and rarely if ever fear for my safety. Now that's freedom.
That describes about 99.5% of American neighborhoods as well, so what's your point?

Last edited by CirrusSR22; 12-28-2008 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #40
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

Quote:
I live in the murder capitol of the U.S. Got my G23 in my door. I drive through the worst areas in N.O. all hours of the night. I want at least a fighting chance. Where are the worst areas in most cities? Down by the docks. That's where I go 24/7. One of the reasons I drive a pick up to work and not my M.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #41
willa1975
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Quote:
Don't worry though, Obama and the liberals in DC will begin a full assault of the liberties of law-abiding citizens, then we'll be no better off than the Canadians, Australians or Britons.

[sarcasm]I look forward to the day when the government provides me with everything; money, food, shelter and security. It's worked out well the world over where it has been tried, if only us dumb Americans would get our acts together and give up our guns...[/sarcasm]

Where the hell do you get this from?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #42
aggie57
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S

Quote:
Yes, the UK has a near total ban on civilian firearms ownership, and yet you still have crimes being committed with firearms! Funny how criminals don't bother to follow the laws of the land. It seems that the bumper-sticker philosphy of "When guns are banned, only criminals will have guns" bears a lot of truth. But I guess that is why they call them "criminals"!! The rise in stabbings will probably lead to knives being made "more safe" by only allowing rounded points and edges no sharper than a butter knife.

I also love reading stories from the UK where a man in his home defends himself against intruders, kills one of them, then HE goes to jail! He would have been better off letting the thugs kill him. I mean, afterall, you have absolutely no right to defend your life over there, with any means at all apparently.

Like most Americans in favour of guns you miss the point. Here in Australia we start with the premise that carrying a weapon such as a gun (or others such as a flick knife...) in general society makes a statement about intent to use a level of violence against others which is unacceptable.

We do not ban sharp knives because they can be used as a weapon. Every house in the country has plenty of them for valid purposes (cutting the Xmas ham for example!). But we do ban most types of guns because they can be nothing but a weapon.

Yes, there are people who will always work outside these laws. Can we change that - history tells us we can't. So we return to the first point......
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #43
Trelos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 white 335xi & 89 white 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. The OP is in Virginia. What he is asking is perfectly legal in Virginia. It's not like he's asking where to mount a radar detector!
LOL!

He would get in more trouble in VA for having that radar detector than having his licensed firearm.

(for those who don't know radar detectors are illegal in VA. but apparently with the correct paperwork a concealed handgun isn't )
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #44
Jred22
Meat Puppet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 Competition

Garage List
I like to keep the AR 15 mounted on my hood.

Appreciate 0