BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

EXXEL Distributions

06-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: This week?

FS: Riss Racing X-pipe with HFCs and resonators

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Up for sale is my Riss Racing X-pipe with HFCs and resonators; HFCs are 200 cell and the resonators are from a company called Vibrant.

This setup builds fantastic power – no kidding. I am very sad to have to let it go. But we just had a baby and I fear it may be a bit much for her in the back when she tries to sleep. Just for clarification, I was running this system with a Remus Sport muffler.

The welds look great and the system shows no signs of wear or corrosion in any way.

I’ve never had my car on a dyno, so I can’t specifically quantify the increase in power it developed. But I will make the following statements with all confidence:

- The car sounded sick! I know, it’s a subjective statement, but it has to be mentioned since sound is a key factor when purchasing an exhaust system like this.

- The car pulled much, much harder. I suppose the best way to describe this is as follows: I take the same on-ramp every day to work. I had become used to speeding up on the on-ramp in order to meet traffic speed, ~65 mph. Once I had the x-pipe system installed I found myself having to slow down in order to prevent myself from overshooting the traffic flow or hitting the car in front of me in the lane I was merging into. The acceleration process happens much quicker.

- The car up-shifted and down-shifted much faster (read: harder), in both auto and sport mode, I have DCT. I personally found this to be a very likeable sensation. Some my find it somewhat violent.

- The engine produced awesome “barks” as engine speed was raised to meet transmission speed during down-shifts. Subsequent exhaust burbles sounded great as well.

- The engine had a noticeable back pressure burble when the car was slowing from the compression of the engine. Very similar to the sound from a 135i, but add in the S65 engine “whine” and the end product sounds almost bionic in nature.

- Not a lot of drone unless going up a hill in a higher gear than necessary. In other words, nearly all internal drone can be mitigated by shifting the trans. into a different gear. That being said, the car will have some drone while cold and going up a hill. Still, I enjoyed that as well in all honesty.

- The engine spun up faster under load throughout the entire rev range, specifically 5k-8k. This resulted in much quicker acceleration and third gear tire chirps I was not accustomed to hearing. 8,100 RPM sounded absolutely crazy!

- The car displayed a noticeable increase in throttle response; just the slightest touch of the gas pedal would send the car to leaping forward dramatically.

- The car did not throw any codes while running with this system for roughly 300 miles. I understand this could be a function of local climate and fuel, however, so I cannot speak as to whether or not your car will display the CEL.

- This system is significantly lighter than the stock system by ~20 lbs.

- Easy install by the techs at the local Midas shop. About 1.5 hours worth of work in total.

Overall, I found it a great way to make safe, reliable power while adding to the sound of the car. After reinstalling the stock cats and x-pipe the car feels much less visceral, almost mundane. I will miss this system, to be sure. But the practical needs of the family have to come first.

Im asking $600 plus shipping. This system will require about 10 minutes worth of welding to install. If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
Tom

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

did those cats throw a CEL? Why did you cut it off? (nevermind saw remus mufflers)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

No CEL, no. But I didn't have it on for 20,000 miles either.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #4
the_road_less_traveled
Id rather be boating...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Baja 26 Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
did those cats throw a CEL? Why did you cut it off? (nevermind saw remus mufflers)
Im not familiar with the Remus. Why was this cut off? Aren't the exhausts flanged connections? I assume the flanges will have to be cut off and butt welded to this pipe?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #5
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

I didn't get the Exhaust and the X-pipe at the same time. It was put together as I gained access to the parts. I really didn't see the welding as a big deal as it only took about ten minutes. I guess I could always have flanges welded on to the system with the hopes that it will sell better, but at this point I'm not really looking to put any more money into it.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Stealth ///M
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOLE
I didn't get the Exhaust and the X-pipe at the same time. It was put together as I gained access to the parts. I really didn't see the welding as a big deal as it only took about ten minutes. I guess I could always have flanges welded on to the system with the hopes that it will sell better, but at this point I'm not really looking to put any more money into it.
Pm price shipped to 07652
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth ///M View Post
Pm price shipped to 07652
You've got PM. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #8
DansM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 white/Fox red-DCT

i am very interested. PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

Sunday night bump. Thanks for the interest I've had thus far. Similar (though branded differently) setups are fetching over two times my asking price. Awesome price on a great power maker...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
bartman314
Private
Rep
Drives: 10 e90

Garage List
2010 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
interested.

pm sent

2010 e90 m3
2004 e46 m3 sold
2001 996tt sold
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #11
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

Bump again. I'ver had a good amount of interest but no one seems to be willing to close the deal just quite yet...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #12
SWOLE
Private First Class
Rep

Bump!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
RuthlessE90
First Lieutenant
No_Country