BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

10-22-2009, 05:24 AM   #1
usf
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 RR Supercharged

Thumbs up Coming back to a M3!

Hello Everyone;
I owned a 98 M3, purchased in Houston, Texas and had to sell it in 2002 when I returned back home to Toronto. Kids are bit older now and I wanted to get back my dream car! I have been out of the loop on the M3's for a while and I was wondering if I should get a 09 M3 or 10M3? What are the changes if any? I can't believe the price of the M3 in Canada! If anyone recommends a particular dealer to work with in the Ontario - GTA let me know. What are the best options to get? I'm interested in the 7-speed double clutch transmission. I really like the white on this car (I use to have Titanium Silver), black interior. Maybe another dumb question but is the price difference between a 335 and a M3 really worth it?

Thanks and I think it is great there is an active Canadian board eh!

I'll be test driving this weekend!

Seeya
Jason
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Another forum memeber just bought an 09 this week and got $7K off the MSRP + another $4K off for Manuf. rebate for cash purchase. I don't believe there are significant changes between 09 & 10, but obviously, the selections for 09 may not be great but you can still buy one, if & only if you can get like 10% off the MSRP + another $4K off if paying by cash for the 09.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313517
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
yalag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

yep thats me. it was actually 9-10k + 4k incentive, of course they probably took back 2-3k for the trade-in price. what color do you want? I think theres one last white one in canada in calgary. and maybe a black one in ontario, forgot.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by usf View Post
Hello Everyone;
I owned a 98 M3, purchased in Houston, Texas and had to sell it in 2002 when I returned back home to Toronto. Kids are bit older now and I wanted to get back my dream car! I have been out of the loop on the M3's for a while and I was wondering if I should get a 09 M3 or 10M3? What are the changes if any? I can't believe the price of the M3 in Canada! If anyone recommends a particular dealer to work with in the Ontario - GTA let me know. What are the best options to get? I'm interested in the 7-speed double clutch transmission. I really like the white on this car (I use to have Titanium Silver), black interior. Maybe another dumb question but is the price difference between a 335 and a M3 really worth it?

Thanks and I think it is great there is an active Canadian board eh!

I'll be test driving this weekend!

Seeya
Jason
Welcome Jason,

You have certainly come to the right place!

The M3 is definitely worth every penny over the 335i, and I also drive a white M3, and they certainly do look good in that color!

I have PM'd you the info on the dealer and my SA.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
yalag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

PM those info as well! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #6
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Canadian dollar is on par with American.

Is there anyway you can buy the M3 in US and drive it across the border??

p.s. I used to think M3 was expensive in Canada vs US, but when I saw the prices of M3 in Europe, Japan and Australia, suddenly the price of M3 in Canada looked somewhat of a bargain.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 03:01 AM   #7
usf
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 RR Supercharged

Thumbs up M3 Help

Thank you to everyone that replied! I appreciate the quick response. I look forward to attending one of these outings I have been reading about on this forum next year.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Canadian dollar is on par with American.

Is there anyway you can buy the M3 in US and drive it across the border??

p.s. I used to think M3 was expensive in Canada vs US, but when I saw the prices of M3 in Europe, Japan and Australia, suddenly the price of M3 in Canada looked somewhat of a bargain.
Yup, I think the US is as cheap as anywhere in the world for M3s, and you can import them reasonably hassle free now that Canadian and US bumper rules are harmonized you pay GST PST and a 6.1% duty and a few fees if I remember correctly.

Look for info here

When I ordered my car in May the exchange rate was not good enough to make up for the hassle, but now you could probably save several grand.

Remember that Canadian spec M3's have certain options as standard that the US doesn't. We get the cold weather package standard, we get a Logic 7 stereo system standard whereas from all accounts the US gets a pretty shitty stereo standard, and you are almost forced to get the premium system if you listen to music at all.

Anyway, Love the M3 I'm sure you will too!

Appreciate 0