BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-24-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Just bought a imac

Hey what's up everyone. Well the wait of my new 335i is driving me CRAZY. Anyway, i've been a PC guy for my whole life. I never used a mac but i have stumbles apon it many times in the stores. I look at them, MAYBE just move the mouse a little and leave it a lone. I must admit the graphics and stuff look cool but i always really keep my distance since i don't know much on it. well my girlfriend telling me how cool they are and reading about their features i decided to take the plunge and buy one. Maybe that will keep me more occupide than calling the bmw 1800 number everyday and getting the status of my order. So i purchased a imac computer. 17 inch 1g memory with 160gig hard drive. and dvd burner. well i took it home and burned a lot of my personal info off my pc. After 3 cd-rs...i said, wait, i could try to connect it to the router and network it. So it worked and those cd-rs were a waste, all i did was share the folders and drag it into my new imac.

Experience:
I didn't understand anything, i download something and run the app, then i turn my computer off, later i turn it on and it's not in my computer anymore!!! and then how do i uninstall applications?!i drag an application to my desktop and it vanished?? there are no shortcut tabs. I don't understand it and i keep looking at my pc. I wanted to return it and get my $1,282 back.

THEN!!!!
I played around with it some more and what i download i have to drag it to MY LOCAL file application. So that solved that, and their is no uninstal, all i have to do is drag the application icon to my trash and that elliminates the app from my computer and last their is shortcuts it's called alias.

Last review.
As i play around with it it's more and more fun to use and cooler. I'm SOOO happy i purchased it and everything about it is so HOT. Like the .... forgot the name, anyway it gives me real time weather, etc... BTW i'm running osx 10.4 "Tiger". Man this OS is hot, now i don't want to deal with windows and their viruses and their "reboot" everytime i install something or uninstall something.

I LOVE the imac. last night i stayed till 3am playing around with it, and the night before that i was up till 2am just personalizing it and stuff. It's cool. I def recommend it. And the little remote control to listen to music and stuff is also REALLY hot. It's def a keep and my pc is sold to my sister.

Mac OS X 10.4
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Annette
Trapped in Country-Land!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Navigator, Soon a 335i!

Welcome to the better side of things Enjoy it! And wait till you see Leopard, it's even better than Tiger!

2007 335i Coupe (Delivery in January!)
Alpine White | Coral Red | Aluminum | Manual | Sport | Premium | Comfort Access | Coldweather | ACC | Navi | RearSunShade | PDC
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
Buckman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i

You will be more impressed as time rolls on. I've gone PC, then mac, then Dell ('02) and now I'm back with the mac. Only reason I went to a dell in '02 was cost. I just got mad I had to fork out so much for a mac. Anyway, like BMW's, some things are worth a little more money.
Here is a HUGE reason to move off pc's: spyware and viruses. Other mac positives: spotlight & dashboard. If you do presentations for work, try out Keynote. You will get a big raise.
Staying up to 3 a.m. 'cause you like the mac sums it all up. You just want to work on a mac! Great for time off at the holidays!
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
TahoeOG
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

yeah man i'm really happy ith my purchase. I'm just trying to configure everything and stuff. I must admit this took my mind off of calling BMW and checking the status of my car. Anyway i went to the apple store yesterday and checked out the word for mac. I have to buy it so i placed it under a gift certificate from the apple store in case i change my mind. (family doing secret santa)

Anyway yesterday was black friday and to MY luck, i went to the apple store and see if they could price adjust my computer since they told me i could within 14 days if anything goes on sale, and she said yes. NExt thing you know she credited $108 back to my account... that was hot. Any way the widgets are cool. I'm just looking for a good software that allows me to hide or password protect folders. Like i have some files or folders that i don't want my girlfriend to see, so i am looking for something to password protect it. Anyone know of a good one?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
NaTuReB0Y