BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

05-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

M3 MINI ME VS. A5 2.0l

oK, my M3 was at home resting nicely from a day of cross town driving so i was running an errand in my mini cooper s hardtop(6-spd). This audi A5 is ripping around in traffic looking cool and I thought hmm, perhaps a lesson in weight is in order. Having owned a S5 I know and respect the "5" well. I knew the 2.0L would be very close to mini. So we take off on feeder(no other cars) and I slowly pull on him. It's clear he won't catch me but he refuses to let off. So after passing him I slow down and let him on his way. It was funny though an 40+K audi getting beat by a little mini. One thing though the mini died at 6krpm's where you get used to the M3 just warming up at 6K.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
oK, my M3 was at home resting nicely from a day of cross town driving so i was running an errand in my mini cooper s hardtop(6-spd). This audi A5 is ripping around in traffic looking cool and I thought hmm, perhaps a lesson in weight is in order. Having owned a S5 I know and respect the "5" well. I knew the 2.0L would be very close to mini. So we take off on feeder(no other cars) and I slowly pull on him. It's clear he won't catch me but he refuses to let off. So after passing him I slow down and let him on his way. It was funny though an 40+K audi getting beat by a little mini. One thing though the mini died at 6krpm's where you get used to the M3 just warming up at 6K.
Yeah it's funny to watch peoples reaction after getting busted up by a Cooper. I've had a few experiences in the past 4 years. I'm on my second Cooper S and I'm definitely hooked. The CEO is thinking Countryman S next. If you haven't driven one go drive one. I can't wait to see the roadster ............Phil
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I want a mini cooper s for a daily. Especially in the NYC where parking is at a premium. They look like a bunch of fun and I love it's bulldog stance. Is the torque steer noticeable as people say it is?
      05-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep

Well, not so bad to me. its a 2600 pound car with 185 hp. Silly fun!

It's a perfect city car to boot. fast, light, agile and little! it has no a$$. lol.

I'm going to get the mini coupe when it comes out with the john cooper works package. 205 hp or so.

A perfect compliment to the m3. Awesome gas mileage too!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Yeah it's funny to watch peoples reaction after getting busted up by a Cooper. I've had a few experiences in the past 4 years. I'm on my second Cooper S and I'm definitely hooked. The CEO is thinking Countryman S next. If you haven't driven one go drive one. I can't wait to see the roadster ............Phil
i looked at the countryman, very sweet. You can get it with AWD AND a stick. Not many like that anymore. Only vice is it adds 600 pounds, but it can hold 4 people nicely.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep

Name:  mini-cooper-coupe-concet.jpg
Views: 2290
Size:  74.7 KB
Appreciate 0