BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

02-21-2011, 05:47 AM   #1
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

New Audi A3 sedan sketches

Attached Images

02-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

As an idea, the A3 sedan would probably work since the A4 has grown a lot and there are other small sedans out there. I think it's weird though because I've always been used to the A4,A6,A8. It'll be weird with the A3 as a sedan.

I think it looks good too but predictable. Nothing new here. It kinda annoys me that they slapped the new A6 front on this thing because I wanted the A6 to look unique. Its good to see that the rear is at least a bit different. Other than that it has good proportions and stance.
      02-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #3
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh shit, the concept has the 2.5TFSi engine from the Quattro concept pushing out 408bhp! Also, its length is 4440mm, so it's quite a lot shorter than the A4.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/255542/
      02-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
janishjann
Rep
Drives: e46

can u provide detailed information abt ths Audi A3 sedan sketches becoz it was looking awesome
      02-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Oh shit, the concept has the 2.5TFSi engine from the Quattro concept pushing out 408bhp! Also, its length is 4440mm, so it's quite a lot shorter than the A4.
Most of the extra length compared to the 8P A3SB comes from the increase in wheelbase but I reckon when the production version arrives the overall length will increase slightly, as will it's aggressive looks be crubbed a bit.

This 408ps output keeps appearing, first the Q5 concept, then the Quattro concept and now this, do you think Audi are trying to tell us something.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #6
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
This 408ps output keeps appearing, first the Q5 concept, then the Quattro concept and now this, do you think Audi are trying to tell us something.
Don't know. The Audi Q5 S Concept had a 408 HP 3.0 V6 TFSI (S4) and not the 408 HP 2.5 I5 TFSI (TT-RS, RS3). It is the new RS4? If yes I has to be much lighter than the M3 what is a good thing (not for the M).

I really like this Audi A3. Again Audi is ahead of BMW. At Geneva we will see it live, at BMW there are only words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT
BMW 1er Gran Coupe Sports Sedan
- Demand for a four door in the important US Market
- Could be built in Spartanburg
- A more sporting approach without intercepting important euro fleet market for lower engined BMW 3er models.

- Rear wheel Drive
- Unique styling Concept from the sporthatch.
- Returns to the formula of the classic BMW Sports sedan.

The European fleet market for BMW is a tightly contested market that is dominated by the lower BMW 320d and BMW 520d models.
This is one reason why BMW have not sought to introduce a 1er based sedan in light of the 1er being proved to be too small with fleets resorting to the C-Klasse and A4 Audi.
With demand for a 1er that can fit within the important US Market , The world of a premium sporthatch does not fit as the premium BMW will charge for the Sporthatch in the US will not make the 1er competitive with the relevant VW Golf.
One solution is to introduce a four door 1er but under the disguise of a four door Coupe in the mold of the BMW 6er Gran Coupe - Giving it a sleeker appearance and a more niche market. Based on the 1er the car will retain Rear Wheel drive and offer the more performance-led diesel and petrol four cylinder turbo charged family.
Designed to emulate the classic RWD BMW Sports sedan , small compact but instantly recognisable.
One option could be to manufacture the car in the US.
Appreciate 0