BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

03-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
toddcc1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
And the paint gently weeps
Hahaha. It's fine. I wouldn't do the ONR method on a non-waxed surface. I was hesitant, as I've always used a dual bucket method, grit guards, foam gun, a pre-wash and wash. I constantly checked the clear coat for scratches...not one. I'm a believer.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 12:39 AM   #24
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

damn, looks good, for proof in the pudding though you needed to show us some closer reflecting white light that really makes / scratches pop on screen. but we believe you anyways, still paranoid it would scratch the very sensitive Jet Black paint.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 01:42 AM   #25
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I've also been using 3 different products myself...
1) Chemical Guys Ecosmart RU: its been great for quick maintenance washes as long as the car isn't too dirty (light dust and water spots). Works great as a quick detailer as well. So long as its done properly with use of multiple microfiber towels there doesn't seem to be any swirls, marring, or scratches. The key with this product is that it encapsulates dirt, provides a slick lubricated finish, and leaves a carnuba wax coating..

2) ONR wash and wax (optimum no rinse): I use a 2 bucket method with grit guards. Seems to work well when the car is more soiled. Same idea, encapsulates dirt, lubricates so dirt doesn't scratch, leaves a carnuba wax finish... Works well, but not as well as CG rinseless

3) Chemicalguys Rinseless was: this is my favorite product, works the same as ONR except instead of a carnuba wax, it leaves a synthetic wax/ gloss. Since it bubbles more like a regular hose wash, it does a much better job encapsulating dirt, environmental contaminants such as bird droppings or insect stains just melt right off, lubricates better, and handles a really soiled car very well. Just washed one of our cars that has been sitting out for weeks and it just cut through the layer of stuck on pollen and sap with little effort. No swirls or scratches. I dry with a waffle weave using the blot method and finish up with one of chemical guys quick detailers

Before used tye dual bucket hose method... But I'm finding better results using ecosmart RU for in between maintenance washes and chemical guys Rinseless for more soiled washes.
Appreciate 0