BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Engine | Drivetrain | Exhaust

07-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #485
BPM
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 / M5 / Turbo 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric puha View Post
Thanks for your quick response, Mike. Email sent. Cheers
My pleasure. Sorry for the slow reply to email. We're getting back to a months worth of them today.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #486
empilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: It was an E92...

Tune + Servotronic Review

It's been 4 days and about 100 miles since I had my 2011 E92 tuned and coded by Mike at BPM Sport and so far I am thoroughly impressed with his product. I initially just wanted feature coding, as I was hesitant to second guess the engineers at BMW and change what they considered to be the best they could do with the electronic mapping of the S65's workings.

What I want to know now, is why did those engineers not do their best when programming this engine's software? My BPM Sport tune has improved my car's drivability immensely and has enhanced my overall driving experience.

First, the cold start cycle is gone. I'll admit I liked the 30-second muscle car growl that a loud cold start provided but I don't miss it. The smooth and calm start is much more enjoyable for me as the car no longer shakes and seems like I woke it up on the wrong side of the bed. The exhaust odor is more noticeable initially but I don't mind at all. Personal preference on this one but I think it fits the M3. (Plus I like sticking it to the EPA)

Next, is the throttle response. Let me first say that I do not track my M3 and I don't drag race for pink slips (I'm old) so what I'm referring to here is just the response that I get out of the car when hitting the gas as I pull out of the driveway, take a highway on-ramp, or pass that pain-in-the-ass semi on a two-lane road. Any hesitation is now COMPLETELY GONE. Previously, when I would step on the gas for aggressive acceleration, the car would at times seem to take a second to think about it before delivering what I demanded. The response is now instant--as it should be. The normal mode feels like what sport used to be and sport is now even crisper. It is like a driving a different car.

Third, is the overall power and acceleration improvement. The car pulls better. All I'm using for this is my seatofthepants-o-meter, but I swear my car is faster. If I were asked why I think so, I'd have to say that it seems like the engine is less restricted and is breathing better-- more openly. It probably has something to do with torque management, but to me it feels like the engine is less restricted than it was.

I opted out of the raised redline to avoid any warranty issues but I did do away with the 155mph speed limiter. I'll probably never see 156 or more but it adds to my enjoyment knowing that I got it if I want (or need) it.

Finally, I had Mike push the servotronic steering tune into my car. Swervotronic, Benvotronic, whatever you want to call it... GET IT! I read an earlier post where the author said it made his car feel like it was on rails. This is completely accurate. In M-mode, it just feels awesome-- and this is on the street, I can only imagine what it feels like on the track. There are several off/on-ramps and interchanges in my area that I love taking in my M3 due to their geometry (sharp curves, s-turns, etc.) These are where the feel of the new steering is most noticeable, when I'm changing speed while turning. My uneducated opinion is that the amount of assist is reduced which intensifies the driver's feel of the road and requires more input from him in order to turn the car. In unscientific terms... it is a more engaging driving experience.

Mike was easy to work with and I'm sure he'll be available should I need a re-flash or have any issues. Should anyone have any specific questions, feel free to fire me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #487
BPM
Rep

Thanks empilot!! We're happy you're enjoying the software and please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

The servotronic changes really are fantastic, once you have them there is no going back!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #488
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by empilot
It's been 4 days and about 100 miles since I had my 2011 E92 tuned and coded by Mike at BPM Sport and so far I am thoroughly impressed with his product. I initially just wanted feature coding, as I was hesitant to second guess the engineers at BMW and change what they considered to be the best they could do with the electronic mapping of the S65's workings.

What I want to know now, is why did those engineers not do their best when programming this engine's software? My BPM Sport tune has improved my car's drivability immensely and has enhanced my overall driving experience.

First, the cold start cycle is gone. I'll admit I liked the 30-second muscle car growl that a loud cold start provided but I don't miss it. The smooth and calm start is much more enjoyable for me as the car no longer shakes and seems like I woke it up on the wrong side of the bed. The exhaust odor is more noticeable initially but I don't mind at all. Personal preference on this one but I think it fits the M3. (Plus I like sticking it to the EPA)

Next, is the throttle response. Let me first say that I do not track my M3 and I don't drag race for pink slips (I'm old) so what I'm referring to here is just the response that I get out of the car when hitting the gas as I pull out of the driveway, take a highway on-ramp, or pass that pain-in-the-ass semi on a two-lane road. Any hesitation is now COMPLETELY GONE. Previously, when I would step on the gas for aggressive acceleration, the car would at times seem to take a second to think about it before delivering what I demanded. The response is now instant--as it should be. The normal mode feels like what sport used to be and sport is now even crisper. It is like a driving a different car.

Third, is the overall power and acceleration improvement. The car pulls better. All I'm using for this is my seatofthepants-o-meter, but I swear my car is faster. If I were asked why I think so, I'd have to say that it seems like the engine is less restricted and is breathing better-- more openly. It probably has something to do with torque management, but to me it feels like the engine is less restricted than it was.

I opted out of the raised redline to avoid any warranty issues but I did do away with the 155mph speed limiter. I'll probably never see 156 or more but it adds to my enjoyment knowing that I got it if I want (or need) it.

Finally, I had Mike push the servotronic steering tune into my car. Swervotronic, Benvotronic, whatever you want to call it... GET IT! I read an earlier post where the author said it made his car feel like it was on rails. This is completely accurate. In M-mode, it just feels awesome-- and this is on the street, I can only imagine what it feels like on the track. There are several off/on-ramps and interchanges in my area that I love taking in my M3 due to their geometry (sharp curves, s-turns, etc.) These are where the feel of the new steering is most noticeable, when I'm changing speed while turning. My uneducated opinion is that the amount of assist is reduced which intensifies the driver's feel of the road and requires more input from him in order to turn the car. In unscientific terms... it is a more engaging driving experience.

Mike was easy to work with and I'm sure he'll be available should I need a re-flash or have any issues. Should anyone have any specific questions, feel free to fire me a PM.
Great review as I agree with 99% of what you said. I had the stage 2 tune on my car for about 3k miles and just tonight reflashed the tune but this time with swervtronic. Simply put I LOVE it.

On a side note the little extra tweak Mike put into this file is plain awesome. I swear my car is now louder and faster now and I hope the ECU doest somehow adapt this aggressiveness back out. My car is now M3++... I can not wait to pair this with Euro MDM and the MRF mid-pipe in the coming months :-D
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #489
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

No group buy info available yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #490
audioMeth
BTC maxi
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

oh crap the servotronic is out! i have been haunting you for over a year about this. i guess its time i finally get my akra evo on and this tune done.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #491
BPM
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
No group buy info available yet?
Group buy will be announced as soon as load drops. We don't want to take on a large group of customers at once until we are fully able to get back to requests in a timely manner.

It will likely be announced in the next week or two

PS: We will be including servotronic as well.

Last edited by BPM; 07-16-2013 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #492
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by empilot View Post
What servotronic profile did you ask Mike to create for you?
      07-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #493
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub
Quote:
We have changes that we consider "standard" with our performance software unless there are special requests made. After tons of customer feedback and testing, the modifications should feel just right in both sport and normal modes.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #494
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
I'm ready to pull the trigger in whatever manner to be added to the GB list!!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #495
THE TECH
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Just keep an eye out for a new thread to be posted soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #496
empilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: It was an E92...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
I did not request anything special. I am under the impression that everyone gets the same modification but that BPM will design a tailored one on request.

It's flippin' awesome and it's going to get me into trouble as I find myself now seeking seeking gratuitous G-forces...

Last edited by empilot; 07-17-2013 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: see Mike's post above
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #497
M3Carbon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, AW/FRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork
+1000

Instagram @m3carbon
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #498
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I did not request anything special. I am under the impression that everyone gets the same modification but that BPM will design a tailored one on request.

It's flippin' awesome and it's going to get me into trouble as I find myself now seeking seeking gratuitous G-forces...

Mike or The Tech...do you have a link to where you provided the information of the steering assist that you are actually using for the generic servotronic programming?
      07-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #499
BPM
Rep

Quote:
Mike or The Tech...do you have a link to where you provided the information of the steering assist that you are actually using for the generic servotronic programming?
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859205

Here you are.

We received some fantastic reports back from Germany today, a number of cars were tearing up the Nürburgring. One of our customers also sent 200mph video from the Autobahn on the way back from the track, we will post that soon.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed reply to emails and private messages. We are working as quickly as possible!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #500
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859205

Here you are.

We received some fantastic reports back from Germany today, a number of cars were tearing up the Nürburgring. One of our customers also sent 200mph video from the Autobahn on the way back from the track, we will post that soon.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed reply to emails and private messages. We are working as quickly as possible!
Using BPM Sport Servo Map is like people say; "You feel like if you were driving the M3 in train rails". It is so steady, and the feel is more accurate, because you need to use your muscles to move the steering.

Below 20mph the steering wheels loose and as soon as you passé 20-25mph the steering gets tighter!

I just love it.

Thanks Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #501
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport View Post
How does the graph on the first page showing the assist levels compare to OEM?

Do you know what the 3 options will be yet?
      07-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #502
BPM
Rep

Quote:
How does the graph on the first page showing the assist levels compare to OEM?

Do you know what the 3 options will be yet?
Please use that thread or PM for questions related to those features.

The graph on the first page is OEM. Top line is normal and bottom line is sport. The higher the line the more assist provided. The more toward the right, the higher the speed in km/hr.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #503
BPMSport
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Group Buy Launch date is scheduled for 7/26/2013 (Next Friday).

GB Participants will receive a discount (TBD), servotronic changes for normal and sport mode, and discounts on standard DCT software and coding pricing.

Stay "tuned"!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #504
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Group Buy Launch date is scheduled for 7/26/2013 (Next Friday).

GB Participants will receive a discount (TBD), servotronic changes for normal and sport mode, and discounts on standard DCT software and coding pricing.

Stay "tuned"!
Holllllllerrzzz. I'll be gunning for slot #1
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #505
BPM
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Holllllllerrzzz. I'll be gunning for slot #1
you got it!

Those of you that would like to be added to the list before it is posted, please PM and let us know.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #506
dazedone
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP BPM Tune, Ohlins

Just joined the forum so I can get in on the group buy once it goes live. Looks like I live right in your neighborhood.
Appreciate 0