BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #111
11Past9
First Lieutenant
11Past9's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: A stolen one
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 11Past9
I think your knowledge of cars is "rubbish"
__________________
gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #112
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
273
Rep
7,507
Posts

Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Past9 View Post
I think your knowledge of cars is "rubbish"
Sounds a bit random and out of the blue without a reference to who you are meaning.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #113
11Past9
First Lieutenant
11Past9's Avatar
United_States
99
Rep
309
Posts

Drives: A stolen one
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to 11Past9
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Sounds a bit random and out of the blue without a reference to who you are meaning.
I'm speaking of the OP. So many people on this board think that actually have a clue about cars when quite frankly every time their fingers hit the keyboard to express their thoughts they lose more and more credibility.

1. The Audi S4's AWD system regarding performance and the overall build and feel is not even comparable to the X-drive. The X-drive from a performance stand point is "rubbish" and its track record for reliability and well, how it functions under load is evidence. If you want performance, REAL performances it better not be an X drive 335i because once you add boost, bolt ons and some hard driving... just no

2. Interior being "rubbish"? One, that is completely subjective... and if you want LUXURY feel this and that buy a different car, it isn't an S500 so quit your bitching.

3. Rally car feel?!?!? HAHAHAH THIS! is a rally car. The statement alone shows no evidence of common knowledge regarding performance cars. Just because if puts 4 wheels power to the ground doesnt mean it's rally ANYTHING haha.



I'm gonna stop right there...

We need to start temp banning people for BMW fanboism.
__________________
gentle now the tender breeze blows, whispers through my Gran Torino, whistling another tired song, engine humms and bitter dreams grow, heart locked in a Gran Torino, it beats a lonely rhythm all night long
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #114
gonzo
Major General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
2301
Rep
9,119
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

This type of thread reminds me of a meet I was at. I had my 335 for a few months and went to a BMW meet here in Dallas.

Usually not my cup of tea, standing around kills me, but went to check it out.

I met some really cool guys and one in particular Captain Douche. We were all standing around, , and a few guys in a Lexus IS350 drive in.

Captain Douche, teenager/car from daddy, says "Look at these assholes in their Lexus coming to BMW meet".

I asked him what is wrong with their being at the meet. He said that they and any other Japanese branded car/owner are never welcome at a BMW meet.

I walked off before I told him what a complete f wad he was being.

The guy driving the Lexus was there to look at the 335's because he wanted to try and get out of his Lexus and into a 335. Really nice guy.

Captain Douche did not have the balls to go inform the guy of his unwelcome presence. He just walked around mumbling to himself for a few minutes.

The N54 brought so many possibilities to the world of BMW tuning. Unfortunately it also brought in a whole new breed of morons.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #115
ragingclue
One cam is enough
ragingclue's Avatar
114
Rep
6,811
Posts

Drives: VF
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: mulletville

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The N54 brought so many possibilities to the world of BMW tuning. Unfortunately it also brought in a whole new breed of morons.
I've said that before a couple times. Seems the attitude of the community has changed, but maybe it's just the shit-head, snot-nosed, parentless (in a disciplinary sense) kid trend that's sweeping the country as well.... Seems like most forums like this get bad when the price of the particular body style drops significantly after a few years, but the N54 might have brought us the kiddie crowd early here at E90post.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #116
josephr25
Major
United_States
32
Rep
1,459
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
This type of thread reminds me of a meet I was at. I had my 335 for a few months and went to a BMW meet here in Dallas.

Usually not my cup of tea, standing around kills me, but went to check it out.

I met some really cool guys and one in particular Captain Douche. We were all standing around, , and a few guys in a Lexus IS350 drive in.

Captain Douche, teenager/car from daddy, says "Look at these assholes in their Lexus coming to BMW meet".

I asked him what is wrong with their being at the meet. He said that they and any other Japanese branded car/owner are never welcome at a BMW meet.

I walked off before I told him what a complete f wad he was being.

The guy driving the Lexus was there to look at the 335's because he wanted to try and get out of his Lexus and into a 335. Really nice guy.

Captain Douche did not have the balls to go inform the guy of his unwelcome presence. He just walked around mumbling to himself for a few minutes.

The N54 brought so many possibilities to the world of BMW tuning. Unfortunately it also brought in a whole new breed of morons.
That is why I don't even bother going to meets, other than the fact that I'm essentially seeing the same car w/ different wheels up and down parking lanes.

Everytime I think about upgrading to an M3, I see a bunch of tools of the BMW brand I would hate to associate myself with. It's really too bad they don't see this in themselves, or that their parents let them live this way (or let them live at all). Maybe a used 997.2 after I pay off my car is in the works...

"Morons" is an understatement.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #117
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

The price point of a BMW 3 series kind of fits the spending limit of a lot of teenagers and younger adults, so often you get a lot of childish, more immature owners to the brand.

These kids make around $2000 a month, and have very little other expenses besides their rent. So they extend themselves and get a $700-$800 lease on a 3 series and then the "floss" show begins.

Now imagine you're that young kid, and you're struggling to make your lease payment. You're immature, you think having a nice car will make you new friends, you think the ladies will flock to you, and you basically identify yourself with the car in every conversation ("Hey I drive a BMW!"). Even if the lease payment is crushing, you struggle to keep the car because it adds to your self esteem, and you actually bought into all the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype. You really care about how people perceive you because of the car.

It's a no-win situation, now you have to justify your purchase in your own mind because of the illusion you're trying to live. No matter how badly your finances get. This is the core of the fanboy problem with the 3 Series.

We were all there at some point, with me, it was the 300zx, but I smartened up when I was about to pull the trigger and instead spent the money on getting my broker's license.

All I have to say to the young kids out there who are experiencing the above; don't take cars so seriously. There are more important things in life, and the only people who care about your mods are other dudes.
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #118
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
273
Rep
7,507
Posts

Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
+1 regarding all the last few comments. I have been saying for some time that the behaviour/attitude/maturity of the forum as a whole has changed and not for the better. The is the problem with undervaluing the brand which is exactly what BMW is doing in the US.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #119
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
35
Rep
1,113
Posts

Drives: BMW's
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
The price point of a BMW 3 series kind of fits the spending limit of a lot of teenagers and younger adults, so often you get a lot of childish, more immature owners to the brand.

These kids make around $2000 a month, and have very little other expenses besides their rent. So they extend themselves and get a $700-$800 lease on a 3 series and then the "floss" show begins.

Now imagine you're that young kid, and you're struggling to make your lease payment. You're immature, you think having a nice car will make you new friends, you think the ladies will flock to you, and you basically identify yourself with the car in every conversation ("Hey I drive a BMW!"). Even if the lease payment is crushing, you struggle to keep the car because it adds to your self esteem, and you actually bought into all the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype. You really care about how people perceive you because of the car.

It's a no-win situation, now you have to justify your purchase in your own mind because of the illusion you're trying to live. No matter how badly your finances get. This is the core of the fanboy problem with the 3 Series.

We were all there at some point, with me, it was the 300zx, but I smartened up when I was about to pull the trigger and instead spent the money on getting my broker's license.

All I have to say to the young kids out there who are experiencing the above; don't take cars so seriously. There are more important things in life, and the only people who care about your mods are other dudes.
Post of the year!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #120
nal13
Second Lieutenant
nal13's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: 2015 porsche 991 S
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fairfield County

iTrader: (0)

+1
__________________
Current:
2016 BMW x5 35i Jet Black/Black (wife's car)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Altitude: All black (Winter beater)
2017 Porsche 991.2 cab. Black/black/red/pse/MT
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #121
1BMW4fun
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: 12 X3 2.8, 11 550
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
The price point of a BMW 3 series kind of fits the spending limit of a lot of teenagers and younger adults, so often you get a lot of childish, more immature owners to the brand.

These kids make around $2000 a month, and have very little other expenses besides their rent. So they extend themselves and get a $700-$800 lease on a 3 series and then the "floss" show begins.

Now imagine you're that young kid, and you're struggling to make your lease payment. You're immature, you think having a nice car will make you new friends, you think the ladies will flock to you, and you basically identify yourself with the car in every conversation ("Hey I drive a BMW!"). Even if the lease payment is crushing, you struggle to keep the car because it adds to your self esteem, and you actually bought into all the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype. You really care about how people perceive you because of the car.

It's a no-win situation, now you have to justify your purchase in your own mind because of the illusion you're trying to live. No matter how badly your finances get. This is the core of the fanboy problem with the 3 Series.

We were all there at some point, with me, it was the 300zx, but I smartened up when I was about to pull the trigger and instead spent the money on getting my broker's license.

All I have to say to the young kids out there who are experiencing the above; don't take cars so seriously. There are more important things in life, and the only people who care about your mods are other dudes.
You good !! I see this example all the time up and down california.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #122
index1489
Colonel
index1489's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
2,182
Posts

Drives: Out of warranty BMW
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (7)

lol 700-800 lease on a 3 series are you serious.....
__________________
Gotta pay to play.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #123
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
MediaArtist's Avatar
United_States
45
Rep
1,186
Posts

Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Laguna Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
lol 700-800 lease on a 3 series are you serious.....
Some crazed individuals even get into the $1,000/month territory.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=430
__________________
'13 Audi A6
'07 Porsche GT3 RS
'08 BMW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #124
gonzo
Major General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
2301
Rep
9,119
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

If they get put together like a 3 piece puzzle by the desk and F&I, I see those payments easily.

I waited for my SA to call when tax credits became available and pre-worked my "drive out" lease payment with no monkey biz when I came in for delivery.

A good desk/F&I will sniff out the meek.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #125
bdkevoIX
Captain
bdkevoIX's Avatar
17
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Lots of idiots in this thread. Some of these guys need to stop acting like 335i is the best thing out there. Last time I checked, 335i didn't exactly feel "connected", much less overwhelmingly fast. It's just another decent performance car.
And so is S4.

And LOL to whoever said M3 is a street legal race car.
This board is full of retards.
__________________
03 Golf TDI w/ r32 conversion - 120bph/40mpg ftw for now..
06 Evo IX MR - 500whp,,,sold.....
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 05:42 PM   #126
bdkevoIX
Captain
bdkevoIX's Avatar
17
Rep
739
Posts

Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Some crazed individuals even get into the $1,000/month territory.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=430
You sir, on the other hand, have a very nice car that's worthy of this kind of discussion. This thread reminds me of evo vs. sti. Although evo clearly won
__________________
03 Golf TDI w/ r32 conversion - 120bph/40mpg ftw for now..
06 Evo IX MR - 500whp,,,sold.....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 01:57 AM   #127
domobrown
Banned
Austria
8
Rep
512
Posts

Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Salzburg, Austria

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
The price point of a BMW 3 series kind of fits the spending limit of a lot of teenagers and younger adults, so often you get a lot of childish, more immature owners to the brand.

These kids make around $2000 a month, and have very little other expenses besides their rent. So they extend themselves and get a $700-$800 lease on a 3 series and then the "floss" show begins.

Now imagine you're that young kid, and you're struggling to make your lease payment. You're immature, you think having a nice car will make you new friends, you think the ladies will flock to you, and you basically identify yourself with the car in every conversation ("Hey I drive a BMW!"). Even if the lease payment is crushing, you struggle to keep the car because it adds to your self esteem, and you actually bought into all the "Ultimate Driving Machine" hype. You really care about how people perceive you because of the car.

It's a no-win situation, now you have to justify your purchase in your own mind because of the illusion you're trying to live. No matter how badly your finances get. This is the core of the fanboy problem with the 3 Series.

We were all there at some point, with me, it was the 300zx, but I smartened up when I was about to pull the trigger and instead spent the money on getting my broker's license.

All I have to say to the young kids out there who are experiencing the above; don't take cars so seriously. There are more important things in life, and the only people who care about your mods are other dudes.
wow, sig worthy.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #128
M3_WC
Colonel
105
Rep
2,371
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The N54 brought so many possibilities to the world of BMW tuning. Unfortunately it also brought in a whole new breed of morons.
Yup, agree 100%.

Said it many times. Back in the day, BMW built great handling cars with better than average power. Never were really the leaders in acceleration.

Then BMW decided to slap twin turbos on what use to be their low end car.

Now the BMW scene is filled with all the fast/furious kids that have now graduated college and have saved their money up. They went from BMW haters to BMW drivers and they brought their sh*t attitudes with them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #129
majin ssj eric
Captain
majin ssj eric's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
814
Posts

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Simons Island, GA

iTrader: (0)

Don't get me wrong, I still think the 335i is a fantastic car. Certainly at the top of its class (with the S4). Its just 335i owners that tend to be douchebags (although Jeremy Clarkson has said that the douches are moving to Audi recently)....
__________________
2013 Lexus GS 350 F-Sport Starfire Pearl/Flaxen w/nav
2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan Sapphire/Tan w/nav
1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #130
ghosthi32
Banned
25
Rep
2,509
Posts

Drives: Water camel
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: strait of hormuz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Yup, agree 100%.

Said it many times. Back in the day, BMW built great handling cars with better than average power. Never were really the leaders in acceleration.

Then BMW decided to slap twin turbos on what use to be their low end car.

Now the BMW scene is filled with all the fast/furious kids that have now graduated college and have saved their money up. They went from BMW haters to BMW drivers and they brought their sh*t attitudes with them.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #131
san~man
Tired
san~man's Avatar
79
Rep
2,669
Posts

Drives: BMW-less
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
Lots of idiots in this thread. Some of these guys need to stop acting like 335i is the best thing out there. Last time I checked, 335i didn't exactly feel "connected", much less overwhelmingly fast. It's just another decent performance car.
And so is S4.

And LOL to whoever said M3 is a street legal race car.
This board is full of retards.
For real. I'm thinking more along the lines of an MC12 (or the like).
__________________
BMW-less
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #132
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
lyndon_h's Avatar
27
Rep
1,919
Posts

Drives: e90
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Madagascar

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
They went from BMW haters to BMW drivers and they brought their sh*t attitudes with them.
I don't know if that is totally the case. I would say many of them have been properly introduced to the snobbery that is commonly shared by BMW owners. I hate it, but its true. And i don't know why it exists. A Chevy Tahoe costs the same as at 335, yet you don't see the Chevy guys throwing their noses up at every other car company.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST