BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

07-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
m3 bavaria
Indecisive lover of the M badge.
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Too many to list.

Thoughts on the M3, from a Dinan 3 and M Coupe owner...

Overall, I loved it. In my opinion, it's the perfect daily driver. In terms of driving dynamics and feel, it's not as hardcore or direct as the M Coupe, but it's more focused than the 335i, even with the Dinan tune and suspension.

Raves:

- Engine. The revs just keep climbing.
- I-Drive. I love it. I really can't understand why people can't master this thing.
- EDC. Great adjustability.
- Comfort. For something that performs so well, the ride and seats are super comfy.
- Steering wheel. A minor thing, but I hate driving my 3 after the M Coupe because of the dinky wheel rim.

Rants:

- Steering. Still FAR too light in my opinion.
- Noise. It's a bit quiet compared to say, an RS4.
- Torque. Granted I'm spoiled at 421, but it would be nice to have a bit more.
- Interior extras. It felt too similar to the 3. Not a big deal unless you're stepping from a 3 to an M3.

Overall, it's just a better focused 335i, but it's hardly hardcore. I'm not sure if I like this or not, but since 90% of my driving is done on the public road, I'm leaning towards falling in love.
Appreciate 0