BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

01-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

Where are the e90 m3 CF diffusers? :)

It has been 2 years and still no affordable rear diffuser for the e90 M3. Am I the only one that is kinda shocked about that?

There seem to be a million different kinds of CF rear diffusers for the coupe at affordable prices ~/<500 dollars....

There are maybe 2 or 3 diffusers for the e90 m3 and they all cost way too much- $900+ hell, there are more carbon fiber trunks for the e90 than rear diffusers and the trunks cost the same if not less!

you thoughts?

If someone came out with a 350-450 dollar diffuser for the e90 m3, they would be rich......

[/mildvent]
      01-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
GTM
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

After a few tooling revisions to please my anal-ness, our challenge one should be out around end of this month. Its taken a bit, but had to be just right. Granted, its not $450 but it will be top quality, made in the USA, and guaranteed fitment too. You do get what you pay for. All of the cheap priced diffusers cost what they do because they either arent of the best quality, or are knock offs where they have no development time ot significant tooling costs that original designs have. Ours are all coming in around the $850 range.

The other reason that E90 stuff has been a little slower to market, is just there are less of them out there, so for some companies, its less incentive.

My brother was one that bought some knock offs for his E92, and when he got it, he realized he got what he paid for. So-so fitment, and drips in he clear coat and some milkyness.

Greg
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM View Post
After a few tooling revisions to please my anal-ness, our challenge one should be out around end of this month. Its taken a bit, but had to be just right. Granted, its not $450 but it will be top quality, made in the USA, and guaranteed fitment too. You do get what you pay for. All of the cheap priced diffusers cost what they do because they either arent of the best quality, or are knock offs where they have no development time ot significant tooling costs that original designs have. Ours are all coming in around the $850 range.

The other reason that E90 stuff has been a little slower to market, is just there are less of them out there, so for some companies, its less incentive.

My brother was one that bought some knock offs for his E92, and when he got it, he realized he got what he paid for. So-so fitment, and drips in he clear coat and some milkyness.

Greg
Couldn't have said it better myself. Your driving a M-car, gotta pay to play.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

I ordered a VRS Type II diffuser for my e90 M3, and after getting it, I kinda regret spending the amount I did on it. Could have put it towards a BBK.
      01-07-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
John@BMW
I can't belive this car is a 4 door family sedan.
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 sedan, '96 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
Your driving a M-car, gotta pay to play.

dont tell me you have been brain washed too!
      01-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
GTM
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
I'll totally agree with you some parts are marked up just for the hell of it, like AC and brabus etc. We always try to do our best on our products to have quality in, quality out and priced properly for our customers, and of course as a business, we need to make a profit in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

something's coming real soon. Car's at a shop getting some rear diffuser prototyping right now.

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #8
E92M3Guy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
He has to say that bc if you don't pay a premium he wont make his commission. He charges the M luxury tax.

Make a decent profit, but don't rape people and take them for a ride.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #9
stryker1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 M3 silverstone

Didn't expect that kind of silly, immature statement from a gold level sponsor
just because we own an M "we've got to pay to play"
come on man you were kidding right.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker1 View Post
Didn't expect that kind of silly, immature statement from a gold level sponsor
just because we own an M "we've got to pay to play"
come on man you were kidding right.
To a degree.

What I wanted to relay is that you're never going to get the same fit/finish with "replica" parts from the East as you will with products engineered and produced here in the states. As others have reiterated, it will take time for overall prices to come down as more R&D goes into making these products at more cost effective price points...and in time the trickle down effect will make it down to the consumer.

That being said, yes BMW owners (and M-owners especially) are always going to command a premium for pretty much anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #11
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
To a degree.

What I wanted to relay is that you're never going to get the same fit/finish with "replica" parts from the East as you will with products engineered and produced here in the states. As others have reiterated, it will take time for overall prices to come down as more R&D goes into making these products at more cost effective price points...and in time the trickle down effect will make it down to the consumer.

That being said, yes BMW owners (and M-owners especially) are always going to command a premium for pretty much anything.
My $233 VRS front lip replica from some hidden place in Taiwan has a perfect fit and finish, still going on after 7 months... when they come up with a less than $200 rear diffuser I will be there too.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
stryker1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 M3 silverstone

My exact point, thx technic. With a little homework of shopping and either falling on what technic has found on a taiwan special if you would, or maybe the used for sale section one doesn't have to pay to play.

You can say what you want about r&d etc etc, but the smart consumer will shop till he or she finds the product what they're looking for, at the price they're looking for.

Technic paid a third of what these things go for. And if this is not a sign for the vendors to seriously look at their high prices and maybe make them a little more competitive with the market, somebodies might be loosing some buisness.

And yes i understand you guys sponsor this great site and i rather give you the american vendor my money, but $5-600 for some poly or cf piece compared to halve or a third of what technic paid is a lot of money were talking about. Anyone want to chime in, please do, not an argument just an observation.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
riyatch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Hook a brotha up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
My $233 VRS front lip replica from some hidden place in Taiwan has a perfect fit and finish, still going on after 7 months... when they come up with a less than $200 rear diffuser I will be there too.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #14
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riyatch View Post
Hook a brotha up.
eBay seller carbonfounder.

They do not offer any E90 M3 CF diffusers yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #15
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker1 View Post
My exact point, thx technic. With a little homework of shopping and either falling on what technic has found on a taiwan special if you would, or maybe the used for sale section one doesn't have to pay to play.

You can say what you want about r&d etc etc, but the smart consumer will shop till he or she finds the product what they're looking for, at the price they're looking for.

Technic paid a third of what these things go for. And if this is not a sign for the vendors to seriously look at their high prices and maybe make them a little more competitive with the market, somebodies might be loosing some buisness.

And yes i understand you guys sponsor this great site and i rather give you the american vendor my money, but $5-600 for some poly or cf piece compared to halve or a third of what technic paid is a lot of money were talking about. Anyone want to chime in, please do, not an argument just an observation.
In addition of your excellent points... if I crack this lip in a parking bump I'm only out $233 and not $1000.

Think about that for a second.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
riyatch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:

nice, thanks.
i was looking for a front lip as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Me personally I woudn't spend much on a front lip since they are basically consumable items, especially if you're lowered. It -will- get scratched up, it -will- get scraped, it -will- get hit by rocks and other road debris.

But I'd spend more on a rear diffuser since none of the above applies... just my logic.
      01-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #18
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Me personally I woudn't spend much on a front lip since they are basically consumable items, especially if you're lowered. It -will- get scratched up, it -will- get scraped, it -will- get hit by rocks and other road debris.

But I'd spend more on a rear diffuser since none of the above applies... just my logic.
110% agree. I bottom out every now and then on that plastic piece below our current lip, I don't mind, but I always think how pissed and anal I would be should I have a front lip. A nice rear diffsuer however, I would pay for, however I prefer non-CF.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
GTS-R
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM View Post

Greg
Thanks Greg, I've been waiting for this to come out. I'll likely be buying one.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #20
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:

I've checked his store and don't see any lips that fit the e92
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #21
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
I gave up hoping for an affordable diffuser.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #22
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I've checked his store and don't see any lips that fit the e92
Send them a message...
Appreciate 0