BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-27-2014, 02:34 AM   #1
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Just picked up MPE yesterday and my impression is...

not louder than I expected, but oh boy I am glad it sounds as it is now.
It sounds very classy but very OEM V8 not fart can or bassy or raspy.

It has zero drone, at least for me.
only screams above 3.5K rpm (meaning I can have any passengers and keep the car quite, no one will be able to tell if I changed my exhaust unless I WOT)

it could be my imagination, my butt dyno tells me there is a better air flowing.....probably placebo effect

If you are looking for sounds to enhance V8 and want to stick to OEM, go for MPE but this setup is very OEM if you ask me. If you are looking for louder, this is definitely NOT for you.

Is it worth $3k? I wouldn't think so. However, if you can get this for the fraction of price for clean used, yes it is worth it imo. Weight saving is also another beneficial for whoever wants to stick to OEM.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 05:02 AM   #2
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

3-7 thousand miles later, you'll start to see your muffler crack on both bottom rear sides.
Had this exhaust brand new and this has happened to me and other members. Enjoy the exhaust but keep an eye out. Once cracks forum it's going to sound even more raspy.

Out of every single exhaust I've tried, the ACM rear muffler is the best sounding with no drone.
I've tried Eisenmann Race, Fabspeed, Tubi, Challenge USA = all drone.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

No probs for me at 31k miles! I'm wondering if they switched contract manufacturers at some point and lost some quality due to shortcuts or crap like that.