BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-29-2009, 07:05 AM   #1167
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
looking at this thread and judging by the shit that gets posted here, i realize how many young guys are on this forum. lol

but if you want music for the grown-ups, stay tuned
i *just* finished my new mix. gonna drop it off to get it mastered and will post it. probably sometime next week.

PS: AW335TT, that Discount Rhinos track is money thanks!
Sorry?

Didn't know there was a sound just for "grown-ups"
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #1168
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Sorry?

+1
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #1169
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Sorry?

lol seriously wtf does that mean? Never knew only kids listened to trance

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 10:34 AM   #1170
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
lol seriously wtf does that mean? Never knew only kids listened to trance
Quote:
Sorry?

no. not just for grown ups, but i've been around clubs and electronic music for a very long time and i can tell you that trance/hard house audience is usually under 25-30. If you ever see some 35 year old dude in a club, getting down to trance, you can be pretty certain that he is rolling his ass off.

i don't know many people younger than 25, who listen to the underground house that i play, unless they are die hard house heads.

but techno, on the other hand, attracts some very strange people of all ages. lol
      07-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #1171
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

Quote:
no. not just for grown ups, but i've been around clubs and electronic music for a very long time and i can tell you that trance/hard house audience is usually under 25-30. If you ever see some 35 year old dude in a club, getting down to trance, you can be pretty certain that he is rolling his ass off.

i don't know many people younger than 25, who listen to the underground house that i play, unless they are die hard house heads.

but techno, on the other hand, attracts some very strange people of all ages. lol
i've been around the club scene for over 10 years and ive been promoting night clubs for about 4 and unless your going strictly to a show to listen to Hard house or trance, i can tell u that shit doesnt work in the regular clubs. But your right about the age group thing over under 30.
      07-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #1172
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You don't make much sense at all...you are pretty much implying that to listen to good music you have to go to a club, that you are the God of all that is underground house music, and that the only people that listen to good music are older people.

If you don't like any of the music posted so far then that's your opinion, but don't speak for an entire demographic.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #1173
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
You don't make much sense at all...you are pretty much implying that to listen to good music you have to go to a club, that you are the God of all that is underground house music, and that the only people that listen to good music are older people.

If you don't like any of the music posted so far then that's your opinion, but don't speak for an entire demographic.
i like how you put the words in my mouth. also, i do not recall using words "good" or "bad" to describe anything. but yes, the epic trance demographic is younger than underground house demographic. this is just the way it is. i see people that come to listen to what i, and all other house djs play, and i can tell you for sure that the crowd IS older. if you can prove me otherwise i am open to a discussion, but not before you pack the house with a bunch of 21 year olds, who will get down all night to what i play without trying to request Tiesto or hip-hop. and i am speaking in club terms because it gives you a very very good sample of who listens to what.

and get back to me after you get older. i want to see how much much of this good music you are listening to right now, will make you cringe.
      07-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #1174
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i like how you put the words in my mouth. also, i do not recall using words "good" or "bad" to describe anything. but yes, the epic trance demographic is younger than underground house demographic. this is just the way it is. i see people that come to listen to what i, and all other house djs play, and i can tell you for sure that the crowd IS older. if you can prove me otherwise i am open to a discussion, but not before you pack the house with a bunch of 21 year olds, who will get down all night to what i play without trying to request Tiesto or hip-hop. and i am speaking in club terms because it gives you a very very good sample of who listens to what.

and get back to me after you get older. i want to see how much much of this good music you are listening to right now, will make you cringe.
Geez....just hold old are you?

I think you are probably in the minority here...so let us just enjoy our music without commenting on what "grown-ups" listen to.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #1175
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Geez....just hold old are you?
i dont post epic trance anthems, so i am definitely older. lol
      07-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #1176
Bomex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 N55

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #1177
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
i dont post epic trance anthems, so i am definitely older. lol
why you gotta diss our music? If you don't like it thats cool, there's no need to say grown ups listen to this type of house because it's better. Who's to say what is better and what's worse. People have different tastes in music. I've listened to a couple of your mixes and they're definitely not my type of music. Too boring with not enough going on in them.. but i guess thats what grown ups like huh haha

ohh and you described your grown up crowd nicely when you said you see 30 year olds at the clubs you spin at

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #1178
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
why you gotta diss our music? If you don't like it thats cool, there's no need to say grown ups listen to this type of house because it's better. Who's to say what is better and what's worse. People have different tastes in music. I've listened to a couple of your mixes and they're definitely not my type of music. Too boring with not enough going on in them.. but i guess thats what grown ups like huh haha

ohh and you described your grown up crowd nicely when you said you see 30 year olds at the clubs you spin at
lol, +1

dissing someone elses form of self-interpretation is not cool.

BTW, i think what he is trying to get at is mainstream techno, which epic trance is DEFINITELY NOT.

this, my friends, is mainstream techno

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #1179
gerardm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan - Alpine White

prollm with this thread is the fact that is trance/techno which 1 arent simliar in anyway

and 2 thats its trance/techno & house/electro which again trance and house should not be combined lol

we need a progressive house/progressive trance thread (they tend to blur the line alot)e
a house/electro house thread
a tech-house/minimal/techno thread
a pure trance thread
hard dance/hard house/rave thread

then maybe we wont have people dissing other peoples tastes
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #1180
Major
Armenia
Rep

Ahh i hate that stuff!! quickk save thread

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #1181
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerardm View Post
prollm with this thread is the fact that is trance/techno which 1 arent simliar in anyway

and 2 thats its trance/techno & house/electro which again trance and house should not be combined lol

we need a progressive house/progressive trance thread (they tend to blur the line alot)e
a house/electro house thread
a tech-house/minimal/techno thread
a pure trance thread
hard dance/hard house/rave thread

then maybe we wont have people dissing other peoples tastes
+1

House and epic, progressive trance are two very different styles/tastes.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #1182
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

[u2b]kEvE_04x-xI&feature=fvw[/u2b]

very cool
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #1183
Major
Armenia
Rep

speaking of epic trance

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #1184
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:

lol. i never dissed your music. the grown-ups part was a joke and you two got all bent out of shape over here.
      07-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #1185
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
lol. i never dissed your music. the grown-ups part was a joke and you two got all bent out of shape over here.
Saying the type of music you listen to is for grown ups implies that were kids which i think is dissing and if you're gonna say something expect people to respond back weather its good or bad.

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #1186
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

It may have been talked about before but what's up with newmixes.com? Did they run out of money? Anyone have another similar site to download dj sets?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2009, 11:43 PM   #1187
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1 View Post
It may have been talked about before but what's up with newmixes.com? Did they run out of money? Anyone have another similar site to download dj sets?
http://house-mixes.com/
http://housemusic4life.blogspot.com/
      07-30-2009, 02:56 AM   #1188
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Why the fk are you guys argueing?? If anything you guys are just proving his point that people on this forum are childish, argueing on a forum over 2 words?? wow... esp when you people live in totally different parts of the country and will most likely never even see each other. If anyone doesn't like the songs being posted on this thread no ones forceing them to come in and waist their time listening. To be honest im not much of a trance person either but I dont diss it, If i dont like the first 10 seconds of a song posted I just move on.

PS: I gottah agree with bHd tho your mixes are a little weak, deff not something I'd want to listen to at a club/rave. Guess im just a typical 21 year old.