BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

12-03-2023, 11:41 AM   #1
Bucki14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Novitec Ferrari FF

Hotchkis Rear Swaybar rubbing

Hello,

I saw a few older threads talking about the rear swaybar rubbing on the CV axle boots, which is what I'm currently experiencing post-install by my local shop. I'm currently running KW Clubsports with SPL endlinks paired with the rear Hotchkis sway bar.

I'm looking for any insight given the limited information you have on my setup for what I should be attempting to do to reduce the proximity of the bar and my axle.

A few pictures to show the wear.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boostedtrav_/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 02:09 PM   #2
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Probably need to change your endlinks to get the appropriate length for distance?

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2023, 08:10 PM   #3
Bucki14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Novitec Ferrari FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
Probably need to change your endlinks to get the appropriate length for distance?
Yup, that is what I discovered after raising the car and raising a tire to see what was happening. I need to increase the end link distance. I'll confirm if it can extend far enough to allow for clearance.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/boostedtrav_/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 07:31 PM   #4
rameetss
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucki14 View Post
Yup, that is what I discovered after raising the car and raising a tire to see what was happening. I need to increase the end link distance. I'll confirm if it can extend far enough to allow for clearance.
Hey wondering if you had enough adjustment in the endlinks? I'm having the same issue with a whiteline sway bar and stock endlinks, ordered some hotchkis ones but unsure if they offer enough adjustment to have them clear. Im on St xta coilovers as well (pretty much Kw v2s without the stainless steel) and the sway bar is rubbing through the axle cv joints.

If it did work and you could by any chance give me the length you extended the SPL ones to that would be awesome.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 12:56 AM   #5
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameetss View Post
Hey wondering if you had enough adjustment in the endlinks? I'm having the same issue with a whiteline sway bar and stock endlinks, ordered some hotchkis ones but unsure if they offer enough adjustment to have them clear. Im on St xta coilovers as well (pretty much Kw v2s without the stainless steel) and the sway bar is rubbing through the axle cv joints.

If it did work and you could by any chance give me the length you extended the SPL ones to that would be awesome.
Fall Line makes adjustable rear sway bar ends links. Just ask FL what their nominal length is and the +/- adjustment length compared to the fixed length stock sway bar links are. Also I think GC makes adjustable end lengths. Ask them the same questions. Good luck addressing the sway bar-dust boot clearance issue.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2023, 09:08 AM   #6
rameetss
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Fall Line makes adjustable rear sway bar ends links. Just ask FL what their nominal length is and the +/- adjustment length compared to the fixed length stock sway bar links are. Also I think GC makes adjustable end lengths. Ask them the same questions. Good luck addressing the sway bar-dust boot clearance issue.
Hotchkis is 6.375" with a half inch adjustment shorter or longer.

This means their max adjustment range is 6.875" vs the stocks at 6.5"

I ended up buying some AKG adjustable endlinks since they were in stock and have a threaded rod instead of a threaded tube. I can just swap out the threaded rod if I need longer ones but they are adjustable up to 1" longer than stock I believe. I'll add some pics and update here once they come in later this week hopefully
Appreciate 1
tigermack474.50
      12-22-2023, 09:13 AM   #7
rameetss
Rep

So it looks like the AKG ones let you adjust to 7" (7 1/4" at MOST if you have like one thread on the ends) which is 0.5" more than stock. This seems to have fixed my issue, and the sway bar sits on the ground with 0 preload. There is unfortunately a ton of snow on the ground right now but as soon as its clear I'll take the car for a drive and report back if there is any sort of rubbing on the swaybar.
Appreciate 1
tigermack474.50