BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

11-25-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

I'm in LOVE

Not like it hasn’t been said before, but I just got back from the L.A. auto show and feel BACK in LOVE with the E90/92 M3.

For those of you who didn’t attend the LA Auto show, it was a pretty cool set up with an E90/92 white M3’s sitting right behind the M5 and in the back ground they were playing the most awesome M3 engine sound track that literally gave me goose bumps. The car sounded so amazing just listening to those up shifts.

You UK/Euro guys are lucky to already have the car. I personally cannot wait!
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
M3Bruno
Private
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3 / 2007 M5

I had the complete opposite experience that you had. I was hoping to be in love with the new M3. I have owned every model over the years but I was not impressed with the cars looks at all. I also liked the sound effect they had playing under the cars, that was cool. But the car did nothing for me. I currently drive an 07' M5 and I was looking back at the white M5 thinking to myself, I like it better than the e92. Again, I am a huge M3 fan and have owned four. I was very disappointed and thought to myself it is rip off at $70K. I would rather try to pick up the Nissan GT-R. That thing was crazy and will have a cheaper sticker (with a $20K premium I'm sure, but none the less) 0-60 in 3.5 sec in out of control.  
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
m_bazeepaymon
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Not like it hasn’t been said before, but I just got back from the L.A. auto show and feel BACK in LOVE with the E90/92 M3.

For those of you who didn’t attend the LA Auto show, it was a pretty cool set up with an E90/92 white M3’s sitting right behind the M5 and in the back ground they were playing the most awesome M3 engine sound track that literally gave me goose bumps. The car sounded so amazing just listening to those up shifts.

You UK/Euro guys are lucky to already have the car. I personally cannot wait!
When I was at the LA Auto show I was just sitting there in front of the E92 M3 staring at it, not believing what was in front of my face. I cannot believe that I may own that car one day...

It made the wait so far worth it

ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bruno View Post
I had the complete opposite experience that you had. I was hoping to be in love with the new M3. I have owned every model over the years but I was not impressed with the cars looks at all. I also liked the sound effect they had playing under the cars, that was cool. But the car did nothing for me. I currently drive an 07' M5 and I was looking back at the white M5 thinking to myself, I like it better than the e92. Again, I am a huge M3 fan and have owned four. I was very disappointed and thought to myself it is rip off at $70K. I would rather try to pick up the Nissan GT-R. That thing was crazy and will have a cheaper sticker (with a $20K premium I'm sure, but none the less) 0-60 in 3.5 sec in out of control.**
I hear you.

Don’t get me wrong, I would opt for the M5 over the M3 too if I had the financial means to. And I can understand that you weren’t too crazy about the new M, but like most things, I am sure it will grow on you. I guess since I have been waiting fro this car for about 4 years, and have been lucky enough to see many camouflaged test cars on the street, I was just so delighted to see the final product right there and in the flesh. Also that sound track in the back ground was just pure sex! Many that thing really got me going
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

It was pretty cool to see it. I went on the 18th and enjoyed it. I asked to sit in it and they were going to let me (I have connections) but said that everyone else would probably start a riot if they let me in. Actually, at first the girl I spoke to said they didn't even have keys for it. Then I talked to the "team leader" and found out a different story.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
It was pretty cool to see it. I went on the 18th and enjoyed it. I asked to sit in it and they were going to let me (I have connections) but said that everyone else would probably start a riot if they let me in. Actually, at first the girl I spoke to said they didn't even have keys for it. Then I talked to the "team leader" and found out a different story.
"Connections" and "team leader" all in one post.

You sound evil

j/k would've been cool to have sat in it meanwhile a bunch of civic driving fan boys taking pics of you in that ride and dreaming one day that they'll actually own one

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #7
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
"Connections" and "team leader" all in one post.

You sound evil

j/k would've been cool to have sat in it meanwhile a bunch of civic driving fan boys taking pics of you in that ride and dreaming one day that they'll actually own one
maybe they could play the M rev soundtrack thru their stereos
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 05:11 PM   #8
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown08 View Post
maybe they could play the M rev soundtrack thru their stereos
True, but that might drone out the harmonious melody of electric go cart sounding exhaust.

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 06:39 PM   #9
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

with a stripper
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #10
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
with a stripper
haha

she poppin she rollin she rollin
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #11
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I hear you.

Don’t get me wrong, I would opt for the M5 over the M3 too if I had the financial means to. And I can understand that you weren’t too crazy about the new M, but like most things, I am sure it will grow on you. I guess since I have been waiting fro this car for about 4 years, and have been lucky enough to see many camouflaged test cars on the street, I was just so delighted to see the final product right there and in the flesh. Also that sound track in the back ground was just pure sex! Many that thing really got me going
I have the chance to get an '06 M5 for about the same price a new loaded M3 would cost me. It would be nice, but not wanting a sedan and a manual is what I want. Althought, the IB and SMG are hard to resist, not to mention the extra ponies and torque. Get a F1 exhaust on that and it would be simply insane.
      11-28-2007, 10:27 PM   #12
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I have the chance to get an '06 M5 for about the same price a new loaded M3 would cost me. It would be nice, but not wanting a sedan and a manual is what I want. Althought, the IB and SMG are hard to resist, not to mention the extra ponies and torque. Get a F1 exhaust on that and it would be simply insane.
The M5 does not appeal to me in the least. Over the top on engine, too big and ugly. I would not consider one unless it was much less than the E92. Just MO.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 11:14 PM   #13
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I love the M5 and contacted my dealer yesterday to see if I could get a slightly used M5 for a comparable (what we figure) price to the M3.

As much as I love the M5, the M3 has been on my mind for the past 4 years and I see no reason why giving up the dream so close to launch

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #14
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
I didn't know you're seriously considering the M5.
Depends on what your preferences are. M3's handling will be way better than M5's and be honest, you really need a manual.
What's the interior color of that M5?

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0