BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #67
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbachnate View Post
Hello all,

My name is Nathan Barnes and I'm a long time Sales Consultant for Pentagon Car Sales in Germany. I can't tell you how pleased we are to read all the positive responses in regards to the service provided by Pentagon Car Sales, it really means the world to us!

Just to touch on a few subjects or questions discussed previously, it's true the client ordering while deployed and taking Stateside Delivery will not be able to avoid the State Sales Tax in most cases, however that being said they still will realize an average savings of roughly $8,000 off the Stateside price, where they would have had to pay taxes anyway. So the savings is real, and definitely worth the wait. BTW, we can complete an entire transaction via email for anyone deployed, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or would like to receive further pricing information.

For those taking delivery in Europe, there are a few advantages that they should know about as well.

1. If you register your M3 for just one day overseas, then you have avoided the $1,300 Gas Guzzler Tax. This tax is collected at the point of sale, and because we are overseas this tax is not due, even when you return to the States.

2. State Sales Tax. There are a lot of rumors out there regarding the States Sales Tax, however in "most" cases as long as the car is registered overseas for 6-12 months, the purchaser most likely will not need to pay the tax when they register their BMW at their next duty station. To clarify what your states rules are though I encourage you to contact your local DMV or Dept of Revenue and ask what their guidelines are for returning military or GS Civilians.

3. Home Shipping. This also applies to those stationed down range, however quite a few of you stationed in Europe will have 2 cars during your tour, and the military will only ship one. BMW or MINI in this case will ship your BMW/MINI back to one of five U.S. ports once your tour is completed, possibly saving you another $2000 in expenses.

So as you can see, the savings are very substantial when purchased through Pentagon Car Sales, and this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get a BMW at the lowest possible price.

As for who qualifies, Piotr pretty much hit the nail on the head. Naturally those stationed in Europe or Deployed qualify. However as mentioned above, you don't need to be permanently deployed, just one days TDY orders to Europe or Down Range will qualify you as well. Also, it's not just active duty personal that qualify, but also Government Employees, GS Employees, Diplomats, and those working for a Government sponsored company in possession of a U.S. I.D. card such as Dynacorp.

In the mean time, if anyone has any questions regarding the program or would like pricing information, please feel free to contact me directly at nathan.barnes@pentagoncarsales.com. Or you can call me from overseas at 01149 6134 5678 11.

Pentagon Car Sales
Nathan Barnes
BMW/MINI Sales Consultant
Ludwig-Wolker Str 14
55252 Mainz-Kastel
Tel: +49 (0) 6134 5678 11
Fax: +49 (0) 6134 5678 22
E-mail: nathan.barnes@pentagoncarsales.com
Web: www.pentagoncarsales.com
Go Nathan!

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #68
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Just wanted to express the pleasure of finally being able to get the ///M back in the garage again. I used Bavarian because of my location, three hours from PCS, but the experience was great and would recommend and use them again. Margit was great making sure every question was answered and helped me through my emotional roller coaster during the wait. If you are in between the two, check them both out. I would have gone with PCS due to all the great post-purchase reviews I have read... I will find out how it goes with Bavarian as I am dropping off El Superbeasto for the first service on Friday. Take advantage of buying a BMW of your dreams while stationed in Europe, its the best way to do it.
      09-30-2011, 12:25 PM   #69
thurston
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Hey all, just wanted to say that I'm preparing to purchase a 2012 M3 through Pentagon Car Sales near Ramstein. I've been working with Andre and he is absolute pleasure to work with. He's made the entire process incredibly easy and I highly encourage anyone looking at buying a BMW to work with him. The only thing I'm trying to do now is sell my car back home (in the US) and figure out how to avoid these damn state taxes. I've even looked into changing State of Legal Residence and without a significant amount of documentation/proof, it's pretty difficult. Looks like I'm going to be paying around $5K upon initial registration in Nebraska unless anyone has any other ideas. Still saving around $9K, which is AWESOME...but I hate Nebraska right now.

Here's the link to my car that's up for sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585114
      10-01-2011, 02:53 AM   #70
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13" AW/FR EXT E93 M3/ IND trim

USAA is NOT a good company to get financed threw if you are planning on paying off the car early IMO. Most notable is they do not price match...also many credit unions dont penalize for early payoff. I still have them for everything else though. Now a good credit union is what I recommend and many will price match once you get your lowest qualifying offer. I am getting the 2012 E93 loaded for about $64k (58 with my down pmt).
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #71
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Ah, to have an M3 in Germany...I was stationed at Rhein Main back in the day and only had a VW GTI at the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #72
12'M3Freak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Pentagon car sales sucks!!! Go through Superior they are much easier and actually take care of you. They are not stuck up like pentagon. I have bought 2 cars from them and have had great experiences. If you want my agents name let me know and I will hook you up.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #73
thurston
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutinup View Post
USAA is NOT a good company to get financed threw if you are planning on paying off the car early IMO. Most notable is they do not price match...also many credit unions dont penalize for early payoff. I still have them for everything else though. Now a good credit union is what I recommend and many will price match once you get your lowest qualifying offer. I am getting the 2012 E93 loaded for about $64k (58 with my down pmt).
+1
I'm going through SCU and getting a ridiculously good rate w/ zero penalties for early payoff.
      10-03-2011, 04:28 AM   #74
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13" AW/FR EXT E93 M3/ IND trim

yep...that's (Service CU) who I will eventually go through after I get them to match the 1.95% at RFCU....I ALWAYS have to go through that so they match (3 other BMWs).
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #75
paullyv
Rep
Drives: .

Anyone have any experience w/ NFCU?

AD Navy here. First post, been lurking for a little while. Looking to get rid of my truck and back into a car (2010+ E92), guess the mid-life crisis came a little early, ha.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 03:28 AM   #76
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

I'm at ramstein, e90 m3 2008, bought used in the states, and saved about $15k.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #77
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'135iFREAK View Post
Pentagon car sales sucks!!! Go through Superior they are much easier and actually take care of you. They are not stuck up like pentagon. I have bought 2 cars from them and have had great experiences. If you want my agents name let me know and I will hook you up.
Do you work for Superior?
My experience with Pentagon doesn't support this. Everytime I dropped by to chat...or when I purchased my vehicles...they were nothing but friendly...informed...and very helpful.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #78
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

I purchased mine through Park Lane BMW in Mildenhall, UK. Right across the street from RAF Mildenhall and I lived a walk away from them. I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath though. Picked mine up in 2008, both Park Lane and Carr's BMW in Bury St. Edmunds were absolutely professional and very accomodating through out all my interactions with them.

I save a metric ton of $$ buying it overseas and I'm sure the savings would have been the same if I were stationed in main land Europe. I'd love to by another one and take European deliver of it again.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #79
thurston
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
Do you work for Superior?
My experience with Pentagon doesn't support this. Everytime I dropped by to chat...or when I purchased my vehicles...they were nothing but friendly...informed...and very helpful.
+1

I've had absolutely zero problems with Pentagon. Their professionalism and service have been first class since day one.