BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Mporium BMW

08-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
wanta325i
Registered
Rep
Drives: not a bimmer yet

Sport package...help!

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to buy my first BMW, and looking for a 2006 325i.

I'm shopping online right now and looking at cars that are a little far away from home. Some say they have the sport package.

I know this should include 17'' wheels, sport seats and steering wheel, and suspension.

But, to the untrained eye, how do I know what the sport seats and steering wheel look like when looking at online pics??? What do the standard ones look like in comparison?

I wouldn't want to pay for these options if I can't even confirm they are there.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

If you go to the bmw website you can spec out 3-series with sport and non-sport package and look at the illustration. Even tho you can't see the 06 325i specifically, the difference in the seats will be roughly the same. Sport seats have much more bolstering on the seating surface and sides.

As for the sport wheel, this will be tougher to tell the difference, but basically the sport wheel is significantly thicker. However, as long as you can tell that the sports seats is installed, you can be reasonably confident that it has sport steering as well.

Other option to consider is having a 3rd party inspection done by a bmw dealership. Any reputable seller will allow this. I think you only have to pay the dealership like $100-150 or so to do this for you. They do a basic check of the car and can obviously check on the sport package for you.

Appreciate 0