BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

10-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #331
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
don't be a debbie downer.. .. i can fantasize can't I?? esp. when my M3 is down for some repairs ..
Wasn't trying to be. Trying to get a 2 for one deal. I will take the 2011 gt3 black on black and you can have the 2010 gtr black on black.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #332
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

I saw a GT-R last night and I was drooling. Woot, do you have any updates? What decision did you make?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #333
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
under 7:15....uh WOW. Now I am impressed, would love to see the run, and how the GT-R holds up after 60,000 miles. LFA guys will in some deep ****.
2 weeks ago, you were dissing threads that were made about switching to the GT-R. Attacking members. O how people change their tunes.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 12:11 AM   #334
pn_e92
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 LCI 328i M Sport White/Red

Performance wise, GTR all the way!
For the track, I think there is no question about it. (idk about handling though)

But if question is GTR vs M3 as a daily driver, stick to your M3.
M3 is much more elegant and classy. GTR is mean and aggressive. It's a Japanese dragon! Don't get me wrong. I love both cars though. But do you need all that much more power for a daily driver?

Also, if you decide to get GTR, wait to get the value of your M3 and stop modding now as an earlier post mentioned. But come to think of it, as the new generation is on the horizon, the value of the current gen M3 may drop significantly.

Good luck!! You cannot go wrong either way!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 02:57 PM   #335
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
2 weeks ago, you were dissing threads that were made about switching to the GT-R. Attacking members. O how people change their tunes.
You obviously do not know how to read. It is ok, you will get there one day.

I would never attack a decision, I'm just not a fan of the biased posts that clearly avoid highlighting the short comings or reality of issues related to the GT-R. Members will post about how the GT-R just didn't do it for them, yet those posts are silenced or never quoted or explored. Only the guys who want to brag about their GT-Rs all day on M3post, it gets annoying...that is all.

If you are in the market for a 2011-2012-2013, GT-R, you really would not be cross shopping an M3. Not in price, performance, purpose or anything.

I'm excited to see the GT-R break the 715 mark, hopefully Lexus will rethink the whole LFA and bring out a Supra. Under the 715 mark and a production car under 150k, that will be an exciting day for any buyer.

Last edited by Nine; 10-31-2011 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #336
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You obviously do not know how to read. It is ok, you will get there one day.

I would never attack a decision, I'm just not a fan of the biased posts that clearly avoid highlighting the short comings or reality of issues related to the GT-R. Members will post about how the GT-R just didn't do it for them, yet those posts are silenced or never quoted or explored. Only the guys who want to brag about their GT-Rs all day on M3post, it gets annoying...that is all.

If you are in the market for a 2011-2012-2013, GT-R, you really would not be cross shopping an M3. Not in price, performance, purpose or anything.

I'm excited to see the GT-R break the 715 mark, hopefully Lexus will rethink the whole LFA and bring out a Supra. Under the 715 mark and a production car under 150k, that will be an exciting day for any buyer.
The GT-R will kill the M3 in any performance category you put it in. It deserves the praise it gets. I know how to read and you bashing members for praising the GT-R is what everyone here saw. Posts aren't bias, they're the truth. The GT-R for the money(and for those who can put up with it day to day) is a budget supercar. The M3 is a wannabe sports car. It tailors more towards comfy cruising.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #337
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
The GT-R will kill the M3 in any performance category you put it in. It deserves the praise it gets. I know how to read and you bashing members for praising the GT-R is what everyone here saw. Posts aren't bias, they're the truth. The GT-R for the money(and for those who can put up with it day to day) is a budget supercar. The M3 is a wannabe sports car. It tailors more towards comfy cruising.
Find the quote that I bashed a member for choosing a GT-R, seriously. PM it to me, you're fluffing this thread enough as it is.

Two quick points.

1. Your first statement is exactly the type of post that I go after. In this post you throw the M3 under the bus and ride off in a GT-R, that is just naive. You are comparing apples vs. oranges, the M3 is 40k less, and -100hp. I'm not even sure why you would post this response as you just did, I clearly stated that the M3 is not in the same segement, market, or perfromance group as a GT-R, yet you seem to come back and want to remind me that the GT-R "kills the M3". The playing field is not even between the GT-R and the M3, stop posting as if it is. This entire performance bargain comment is getting stretched out the door, maybe in the used market but at 100k, you have a lot of other great competitors like Viper, Corvettes, etc.

2. Posts are biased, your opinion is your opinion and that is it. People are constantly throwing their own opinions around all day, hence the forum idea. Example, your opinion is that an M3 is a "wannabe sports car", that is clearly not the truth.

Don't mistake my issue with the choice of a GT-R over an M3, it's more against these types of posts (the one you just made). There is no need to constantly throw down the M3 to put the GT-R up. BMW already made a GT-R killer, it's called a 335ix. J/k couldn't resist.

Also, notice how I posted something positive about the GT-R, and yet you somehow turned it negative...That is trolling.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #338
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Find the quote that I bashed a member for choosing a GT-R, seriously. PM it to me, you're fluffing this thread enough as it is.

Two quick points.

1. Your first statement is exactly the type of post that I go after. In this post you throw the M3 under the bus and ride off in a GT-R, that is just naive. You are comparing apples vs. oranges, the M3 is 40k less, and -100hp. I'm not even sure why you would post this response as you just did, I clearly stated that the M3 is not in the same segement, market, or perfromance group as a GT-R, yet you seem to come back and want to remind me that the GT-R "kills the M3". The playing field is not even between the GT-R and the M3, stop posting as if it is. This entire performance bargain comment is getting stretched out the door, maybe in the used market but at 100k, you have a lot of other great competitors like Viper, Corvettes, etc.

2. Posts are biased, your opinion is your opinion and that is it. People are constantly throwing their own opinions around all day, hence the forum idea. Example, your opinion is that an M3 is a "wannabe sports car", that is clearly not the truth.

Don't mistake my issue with the choice of a GT-R over an M3, it's more against these types of posts (the one you just made). There is no need to constantly throw down the M3 to put the GT-R up. BMW already made a GT-R killer, it's called a 335ix. J/k couldn't resist.

Also, notice how I posted something positive about the GT-R, and yet you somehow turned it negative...That is trolling.

1. I'm not throwing the M3 under the bus. It's an excellent machine but it's not the pure sports car it use to be anymore. I LOVE the M3. Try to drive my cousins e93 anytime. The fact of the matter is, the GT-R for the price is a bargain, the performance is outstanding, and BMW has nothing to compete with it.(Which is sad for the 'ultimate driving machine') How is the 'budget supercar comment getting stretched out the door? What other car goes from 0-60 in 2.9 seconds? or beats it for less then 100k? I'll list them.

1.911 Turbo S
2. Lamborghini Aventador
3. Bugatti Veyron

That's pretty much the top 3. All well over $100k. Now, the 2013 may not be as much of a bargain with it's price increase, but the original GT-R was pretty amazing at $85k.

2. I didn't turn any statement into a negative. As much as I adore the M3, people on these boards think it's the be all end all of cars and it's not.

3. JB4 that 335xi, y0.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #339
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:

Two quick points.

To your point 1.

I'm not sure how you figure that the M3 is $40K less than the GT R....even in your market. Up here it's $15K, so if you're comparing 2 door to 2 door it's in the same conversation, along with a Z06 or Viper.

Edit:

The GT-R bases at $89 950. The M3 coupe bases at $59 900.

However, when you throw in options....the GT-R Premium is essentially fully loaded at $90K, while the M3 is closer to $75k fully loaded.

$15K difference is more realistic, so please spare us the bs differential.

To point #2.

If you truly believe that the M3....in any of it's iterations....isn't a "wannabe sports car" then, really, there is no point in continuing the discussion. You are very clearly misguided if you think that any version of the M3 or it's direct competitors isn't a major compromise.

The M3 is an amazing vehicle that sets the benchmark for the class. The new competitors (ie. C63/IS F/RS 5...and even CTS V) are all a direct result of what the M3 has accomplished. To consider it a "pure" sportscar that can compete with "true" sportscars is deluded.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 10:06 PM   #340
sawzall
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: A Car

Garage List
2012 911S  [10.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post

The GT-R bases at $89 950. The M3 coupe bases at $59 900.

However, when you throw in options....the GT-R Premium is essentially fully loaded at $90K, while the M3 is closer to $75k fully loaded.

$15K difference is more realistic, so please spare us the bs differential.
Actually, in Canada, the 2012 Nissan GTR base price is $109,900 (http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-n...r?artid=131648). So there is a pretty big price differential between a new M3 and a new GTR.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #341
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
Actually, in Canada, the 2012 Nissan GTR base price is $109,900 (http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-n...r?artid=131648). So there is a pretty big price differential between a new M3 and a new GTR.
Yes, your price on the GT R is correct....but that is for the Black Edition. US gets both the Premium and Black Editions. Fully loaded, freight and pdi in for $112K up here. Well aware thanks.

I've also seen M3's up here for low to mid $90's plus a frozen grey E93 that stickered at $106K. Price a fully loaded M3 coupe on the Canadian site and it is $92K not including freight and pdi. Still roughly a $15K differential.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #342
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzle View Post
I don't know about Canada, but here you can order an m3 at just over invoice pricing. There are a lot of dealers willing to do that, esp. some of those that are popular here on the forum. That means you can get a fully loaded e92 around 67-68k. Try finding a 2012 GTR below sticker.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #343
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
If you truly believe that the M3....in any of it's iterations....isn't a "wannabe sports car" then, really, there is no point in continuing the discussion. You are very clearly misguided if you think that any version of the M3 or it's direct competitors isn't a major compromise.

The M3 is an amazing vehicle that sets the benchmark for the class. The new competitors (ie. C63/IS F/RS 5...and even CTS V) are all a direct result of what the M3 has accomplished. To consider it a "pure" sportscar that can compete with "true" sportscars is deluded.
You are trolling. Plain as day here, this is what annoys me, and lucky for you I just had my morning boost of expresso.

I don't want to get into a game of semantics here, but throwing around the term that any M3 in any of it's interations was a "wannabe sports car" is trolling.

Is the M3 the purist of sports cars, no, is it a wannabe? No way, it was specifically designed to suit it's purpose, it's accolades show such success. How can you be the benchmark (as you stated) and yet be a 'wannabe' - I think you might be using words you don't understand.

The term "wannabe" is the issue. Btw, I never used the term "pure" or "compromise", you are trolling here again. I never even directed my point to the M3 being a pure sports car.

Please explain this to me, since I seem to know nothing. How could it be that the M3 is joy to drive on a track, people love driving it, they love the sound it's V8 engine makes at 8000rpm, they love the balance the feeling, and yet it is a "wannabe"...

While it's no cayman R, GT3 or whatever, the All interations of the M3 certainly deserve better than some clown on the internet saying that the M3 is a 'wannabe'.

PS you are off topic, nobody wants to open that can of worms - I don't even know who you are addressing with this post...seems out of place.

Also, btw I consider the GT-R a sports car!!!

Last edited by Nine; 11-01-2011 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #344
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Sell you mine for $79k.
but i want the 2012 look. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #345
AndyK.
Creepin.
Rep
Drives: .

Just keep driving your M3. It's just a phase, you'll get over it and get back to the M3.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #346
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
but i want the 2012 look. lol
Too late. Sold it for $81K

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #347
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You are trolling. Plain as day here, this is what annoys me, and lucky for you I just had my morning boost of expresso.

I don't want to get into a game of semantics here, but throwing around the term that any M3 in any of it's interations was a "wannabe sports car" is trolling.

Is the M3 the purist of sports cars, no, is it a wannabe? No way, it was specifically designed to suit it's purpose, it's accolades show such success. How can you be the benchmark (as you stated) and yet be a 'wannabe' - I think you might be using words you don't understand.

The term "wannabe" is the issue. Btw, I never used the term "pure" or "compromise", you are trolling here again. I never even directed my point to the M3 being a pure sports car.

Please explain this to me, since I seem to know nothing. How could it be that the M3 is joy to drive on a track, people love driving it, they love the sound it's V8 engine makes at 8000rpm, they love the balance the feeling, and yet it is a "wannabe"...

While it's no cayman R, GT3 or whatever, the All interations of the M3 certainly deserve better than some clown on the internet saying that the M3 is a 'wannabe'.

PS you are off topic, nobody wants to open that can of worms - I don't even know who you are addressing with this post...seems out of place.

Whatever fanboi.

See name calling works both ways. Sorry I'm not a badge whore like yourself.

You stated to the other poster:

Quote:
Example, your opinion is that an M3 is a "wannabe sports car", that is clearly not the truth.
While your opinion may be that it isn't...the truth is in fact the opposite.

As I mentioned in my previous post....the M3, C63, RS4, IS F and CTS V....are all super sedans....and ALL "wannabe" sports cars. There are far too many compromises in every one of them to be even remotely considered true sports cars.

Did the M3 set the benchmark for the segment? Yes...again...as I already stated. The benchmark in a class that is defined by luxury, practicality, technology with some "nice" performance....not as a "true" or "pure" sports car....like the GT R that you, yourself, admit is a true sports car.

Btw, I do feel "lucky" that you had your morning coffee (expresso???) and provided the drivel that shows you really know jack squat and can't get off your knees and stop felating all that is BMW.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #348
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

OMG chaps.. grow up and stop this idiotic pissing match! ... M3, GTR, whatever.. all great cars and to each his own... !! this thread is no longer fun.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #349
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
Too late. Sold it for $81K
Damn...you sold it pretty quick. Congrats. That's a pretty good deal. I guess a 2013 is on your radar. I'm considering it, but I'm not sure I want to play catch up again in 2014 or mod it out. Nissan seems to be on a roll with the yearly changes.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #350
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Don't you get tired of calling everyone a troll? Did you just learn what a troll is or something? You seem to have an obsession. Someone who has a difference of opinion(or fact) isn't a troll.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #351
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Whatever fanboi.

See name calling works both ways. Sorry I'm not a badge whore like yourself.

You stated to the other poster:

While your opinion may be that it isn't...the truth is in fact the opposite.

As I mentioned in my previous post....the M3, C63, RS4, IS F and CTS V....are all super sedans....and ALL "wannabe" sports cars. There are far too many compromises in every one of them to be even remotely considered true sports cars.

Did the M3 set the benchmark for the segment? Yes...again...as I already stated. The benchmark in a class that is defined by luxury, practicality, technology with some "nice" performance....not as a "true" or "pure" sports car....like the GT R that you, yourself, admit is a true sports car.

Btw, I do feel "lucky" that you had your morning coffee (expresso???) and provided the drivel that shows you really know jack squat and can't get off your knees and stop felating all that is BMW.
Finally. Someone else that sees it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:19 AM   #352
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
Damn...you sold it pretty quick. Congrats. That's a pretty good deal. I guess a 2013 is on your radar. I'm considering it, but I'm not sure I want to play catch up again in 2014 or mod it out. Nissan seems to be on a roll with the yearly changes.
Actually I traded it in on a Ford Raptor while I wait for the 2013 to arrive and my Cayenne Turbo some time in December. Yeehaw I get to be a redneck for a few weeks.

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0