BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

11-16-2010, 06:50 PM   #23
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Yeah, smoked a lot of weed back in the day too...

Not to belittle you're putting the pipe down - it's a good thing, but quitting bud was a walk in the park compared to cigarettes.

I was a pack a day smoker from 16 to 33. Cold turkey was a bitch like nothing else I've done in my life. The borderline panic attacks the first few days were terrible. But I beat it, and because it was so painful I'm sure I won't be going back this time.

That, and what prompted me to quit was that I saw my father die from smoking related causes. It's not the way you want to go. He couldn't breathe towards the end, could barely speak, and was in terrible pain. Compared to that, quitting cold turkey wasn't so bad after all.
It got to the point my anxiety was out of control, I smoked so much bud that it was like smoking a cigarette, 5 minutes after a bowl I would want another...when I say I smoked I guarantee no one smoked as much as me, I'm not happy to say it but it is what it is. I still haven't quit smoking tobacco but ill cross that road when I get there.
      11-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #24
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
It got to the point my anxiety was out of control, I smoked so much bud that it was like smoking a cigarette, 5 minutes after a bowl I would want another...when I say I smoked I guarantee no one smoked as much as me, I'm not happy to say it but it is what it is. I still haven't quit smoking tobacco but ill cross that road when I get there.
You and my friend would have been great smoking buddies.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #25
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I've heard Chantix makes you crazy, stop taking it. How could it be any better than smoking? Think about what that shit is doing to your brain.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #26
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Not in OT anymore/rarely but saw this and read the thread.

I did the Chantix and the second night I had Pit Bulls knawing my hands off ..real slow like. It was near traumatic. I could not wake myself up and they just kept biting and licking the stubs. BRUTAL.

Started smoking again but I AM DOING IT THIS TIME. No patches or Snuz either. I have two friends who just quit. One went straight cold turkey and he was one mean and short tempered ahole for about two weeks. The other went e-cig then Altoids. He said the peppermint was recommended by his doctor. I always have Altoids in the car so I just went and got me a stack of tins to help me along.

From my past I am not going to go from smoke/nic to non smoke/nic. I feel it just prolongs the eventual return to the instant fix.

The $6.28 with tax for a pack a of American Spirits will not be missed but the coughing and hacking up crap has my family and friends begging me to stop. When your dad calls you from out of state and out of the blue to say "I thought about you and your smoking and I really want you to quit" it was a sobering feeling of how selfish I am being to him. I am ready this time.

I just hope I don't kill someone in the process.

edit: One thing my English buddy who quit told me that might help ..

He said he looked at his last cig as he held it in his hand and said "you little POS, you are not beating me anymore" crushed it in his hand. He said I need to get mad if you will as to not let that little stick be stronger than yourself.

With that said I am still nervous as hell.

Last edited by gonzo; 11-17-2010 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #27
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

$13.00 spent on my last pack of cigarettes.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #28
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

^ i went back to smoking, mostly because the time i quit i did so because of a bet not because i truly wanted to quit.

But all the same, one thing that really helped me mentally was having a pack of cigs on deck. it empowered me to make a conscious choice not to smoke. i could have quit at any moment, but chose not to even cheat for 3 months.

$13 a pack now? Dude.... I remember it was only like 11 or 11.50 just half a year ago when I visited. No wonder you're quitting.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #29
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Holy shit, cigs are 5 a pack down here
      11-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #30
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

My quit day is today. It has been a really bad day at work. I am trying to keep myself really busy. I have spent as little time as possible lurking OT. There has been a lot of yelling and screaming going on today and I had to walk out of the office and get lunch or I was gonna hurt someone.

Irritability - Check
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #31
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Whats holding me back? Its not the irritability. Its this weird light headed dizziness I start to feel after a handful of hours.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #32
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

One of these dumb mother fucking drivers just backed into one of the walls in my building and put a fucking hole through wall of cinder blocks. If I can get through this day without smoking or committing murder...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #33
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Whats holding me back? Its not the irritability. Its this weird light headed dizziness I start to feel after a handful of hours.
You know that's the level of O2 raising in your blood right? The dizziness is a good thing, enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #34
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
You know that's the level of O2 raising in your blood right? The dizziness is a good thing, enjoy it.
I highly doubt that. Its more likely the decrease in dopamine in my brain. Ive attempted to quit before with nicotine substitutes. You dont get that feeling with them. You just become irritated.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #35
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
One of these dumb mother fucking drivers just backed into one of the walls in my building and put a fucking hole through wall of cinder blocks. If I can get through this day without smoking or committing murder...
Dude, keep it up.

I went to go fart earlier but I caught my self. Close though. Stupid chinese food at 2am before bed.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #36
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Can you OD on Altoids? I am not even letting them disolve. It is crunch, crunch and it's gone.

Feeling funky but in the end I WIN!
      11-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #37
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I highly doubt that. Its more likely the decrease in dopamine in my brain. Ive attempted to quit before with nicotine substitutes. You dont get that feeling with them. You just become irritated.
Google seems to disagree, but I'm not too terribly concerned about it either way.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #38
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Quote:
Google seems to disagree, but I'm not too terribly concerned about it either way.
I'll take pharmacology over google.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #39
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
I quit smoking successfully using Chantix two and a half years ago. I smoked about a pack a day for 29 yrs. The funny thing about when I decided to quit also coincided with a stressful 8 week training course. Each time I tried to go cold turkey I failed when I went out clubbing and drinking.
I forget my exact dosage but I think I took a half milligram for two weeks then one milligram for two weeks, quit smoking and down ramped with half a milligram for two weeks. Good luck, you can do it, its the best thing I have ever done and to reward myself I picked up the M3. What I'm not spending in smoking is now going towards the M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #40
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Still not smoking!! I feel great. Chantix worked again. I only took it for a month. I cheated once on New Years eve. But have no interest in smoking at all. I made it through my first round of golf last weekend without smoking. (Big deal)

If I can do it, you can too.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #41
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #42
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #43
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

It's probably been 20 years since I had my last cancer stick, but the craving is still there any time I get even a whiff of smoke.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #44
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

It's probably been 20 years since I had my last cancer stick, but the craving is still there any time I get even a whiff of smoke.
your post reminded me of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
A men who's quitted of smoke, after 20 years ask me a cigar. He paused, close her eyes, and get in some kind of mystic trance. When I gave him fire, in his eyes I could see the peace, the redemption, the time which inspired the essence of the cosmos as if he directly drank the calyx where these emanate. Then he puff again, look at me say: have been the worst 20 years of my whole life.

I felt bad for being the one who offer him the apple of sin, but otherwise i can not avoid a certain joy, as if I were the angel coming down from heaven and gives his last will to a poor mortal before leave this world.
Appreciate 0