BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Mporium BMW

04-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

Car accident... minore one

Damn... today I got my first traffic incident in the US, in Sugar Land. In the morning while going to the office I stopped at a traffic light and being used to manuals, no automatics like the rented company car has, I leftt the brake loose and I hit a Lexus SUV that was in front of me. We stopped in a parking area that was closer to the area, my car did not have anything, the other one had her back spoiler (bumper if it is called like that here) scratched, it had a circle scratch of about 3 inches in diameter, from one of the sides of my front face plate stand. I gave her my name, my insurance that I have found in the glove box of the car and... surprise. Later on i was called by a guy from Geico because I have given the lady a wrong insurance, that was for a Toyota Corolla 2005, not a 2013 like mine was that belonged to another guy. My HR handled the problem, explained the guy the confusion and let me alone. After that the lady that I hit called me and all day long I was so damn stressed because we were not to the police to report it, I did not have the insurance from Hertz because they did not provide it, called Hertz, registered the accident, also registered it on their website...all day long I kept calling the lady to tell her not to worry because we are trying to figure out who will pay the damage, Hertz's insurance or my company's... in the afternoon her husband called me to and said that he will call my later after he will get back from the repair shop and tell me how much the repair is going to cost... finally all the situation was solved by one of my company's corporate finance persons that called the lady, explained her that everything was reported and it will take 72 business days until Hertz will handle the situation... huh... I never want to be in that position again! Thank God I got back to the hotel, I think I will just go to Hooters here in Stafford that is very close to me and leave the car in the parking area of the hotel because it really ate some days of my life today.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

No one died, my man. That's all that counts. Don't let the rest stress you.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
CiprianS
M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive 40i

No one was hurt indeed, but it just ate all of my day... I kept thinking what if she thinks that I have no insurance and she went to the police to declare that I hit her and after that I just ran away? Glad my company will take care of it, I really would not want to be in the position to be hit by someone who gives me a wrong insurance and after that I keep on waiting for him to give me the correct car insurance.
Appreciate 0