BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

01-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Replacement rotors

I've been searching for awhile for options on OEM replacement rotors. Until recently, I've only seen one company that makes an aftermarket replacement rotor that is similar to our OEM floating rotor. I've noticed that there was a company in the Audi/VW community that has become very popular for OEM replacement rotors. They even make replacement rings for BBK rotors. I contacted the company and they said they could make an OEM replacement rotor for our cars similar to the OEM design.

I don't have any personal experience with the company but I figured I would share as it might be worth considering for strictly street use. I haven't seen many track cars with these rotors so I can't say how they would hold up on the track.

Here's a link to their website.

http://www.adamsrotors.com/
      01-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Until recently there were no options. Is there something specific that you need that these and the stock ones don't provide you?
For my purposes, no. My car is strictly a street car. I'm just looking for something that is reasonably priced without sacrificing functionality of the OEM rotor design. Others might have different needs though. This thread wasn't really for myself as I'm not due for a rotor replacement for awhile. It was more to share with others that there are options out there. For me, OEM is cost prohibitive because of multiple reasons. There is only 1 dealer here so their parts markup is insane. Shipping to HI is crazy so add that on top of any price you would get online for OEM parts and its just as bad as buying from the local dealer or worse. If I'm going to have to spend that kind of dough (which is not that far from just getting a BBK), I would hope that there would be something on the aftermarket that would offer some type of benefit. Maybe a replacement that does have a reusable hat so that in the future, the replacement can be limited to just the ring instead of the whole assembly.
      01-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct

+1 for RacingBrake rotors
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Yes, that's the one I was referring to in the beginning of the thread. Other than that, there seems to be no other options.
Racing Brake and Performance Friction both make full floating two-piece replacement rotors.

If you are after OE replacement, you should be able to find high quality aftermarket alternatives made in Germany.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Racing Brake and Performance Friction both make full floating two-piece replacement rotors.

If you are after OE replacement, you should be able to find high quality aftermarket alternatives made in Germany.
Would you recommend one over the other?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Here is. Quick shoot of Racing Brake replacement rotor with oem calliper.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #7
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post

Do both of those have reusable hats?
      01-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Do both of those have reusable hats?
Yes, both have reusable hats. Both rotors will last longer due to the superior material used.
Appreciate 0