BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

05-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
jayjaybelbel
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: frozen red E92

springs installed, now with clunking sound

installed my H&R springs last night and after the installation, it now has a clunking/rattling sound. I checked the struts and everything is tightened up. driver side is good but the sound is coming from the passenger side front and rear section. Can anyone chime in? thanks is advance
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjaybelbel
installed my H&R springs last night and after the installation, it now has a clunking/rattling sound. I checked the struts and everything is tightened up. driver side is good but the sound is coming from the passenger side front and rear section. Can anyone chime in? thanks is advance
I had help with my setup. But from what i've read on here, most likely one of the springs isn't seated properly. If you do a search it will pop up. Look for a thread started by edu09.

here it is not quite the same setup but you get the idea

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619215
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT

Last edited by Nati Beastcat; 05-22-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
jayjaybelbel
Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: frozen red E92

will check it out, thanks. I did look around and one guy had the same problem but i believe it was from his struts. I will check it again later.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #4
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjaybelbel
will check it out, thanks. I did look around and one guy had the same problem but i believe it was from his struts. I will check it again later.
Should be the problem. You'll probably end up taking most of it apart. Hopefully you can find the problem springs and don't end up doing more work than you need too
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
fokus45
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: little blue dune buggy

Had the same thing when I put springs on a Merc that I used to have. It was coming from the passenger rear and I checked and played with the spring seating several times. Never helped so I put new shocks on even though the car had only 7,000ish miles. Sure enough, never heard the sound again.
Appreciate 0