BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #1
rod1
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Gintani X-pipe

Gintani X-pipe owners,

How do you like it? Fitment, power gain, CEL light thrown?

Anyone have any pictures or dyno's? Fabspeed has been advertised the most on this board, so I was hoping to get Gintani owners a place to speak out.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

have seen it in person on car and off car...top notch quality...and the clamp/ bolt on area is made very well (so no leaks)...and i believe they have the pipes cross earlier on (to help flow) ..use search button a couple threads on it
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
rod1
Private
Rep

Any dyno's of just the x-pipe with HFCs? All I can find is dynos for the full system.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:02 PM   #4
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Before I ordered my full set-up from Gintani, I read that their x-pipe's design was much smoother and direct compared to other examples. I saw pics that were posted, and I agreed. The smoother/direct design of the x-pipe will contribute to an easier flow of the exhaust gases so that the car can breathe better of course.

I'll post up a very good review once it arrives and the install is completed on my M3.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod1 View Post
Any dyno's of just the x-pipe with HFCs? All I can find is dynos for the full system.

Thanks
PM Raz and he can get one for you. I saw a dyno of a stock M3 with just their axle-back and it was @ 324whp. That same car after their catless x-pipe was @ 354. Catless exhausts make TONS of power on these cars....too bad I had to go catted .
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
rod1
Private
Rep

It would be nice to have a Fabspeed vs. Gintani dyno.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #7
ModLikeMad
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon to be 09' M3

I have pm'ed back and forth with Arno from Gintani the last couple days and as far as the CEL is concerned, you would have to pay $200 and send them your ECU for them to eliminate the CEL situation. Good luck to you bro, I've seen a few guys on this board with this setup and they are as happy as clams. (not to mention that their full exhaust sounds INSANE!!)
      09-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
rod1
Private
Rep

If their product throws a CEL light, shouldn't their software upgrade be free?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #9
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModLikeMad View Post
I have pm'ed back and forth with Arno from Gintani the last couple days and as far as the CEL is concerned, you would have to pay $200 and send them your ECU for them to eliminate the CEL situation. Good luck to you bro, I've seen a few guys on this board with this setup and they are as happy as clams. (not to mention that their full exhaust sounds INSANE!!)
Well, if you decide to get the full exhaust or even just the catless x-pipe, you should probably decide to go for an entire software upgrade that actually gains power, and not just a simple flash to get the CEL light off. Getting that light off is just part of an entire software upgrade......Which is what I'm about to do.

Quote:
That's most likely not possible since the CEL light coming on is not a cause from their part, but instead it's the car's ECU reaction since it's programed a certain way from the manufacturer.....And the aftermarket company has to fix that problem in addition to the x-pipe that they're selling you. BUT who knows....Just talk to them more and they might do something for you.

Keep in mind that simply removing the CEL light is not really a software upgrade, since IMO a software upgrade is an entire change in the ECU's performance.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #10
Sales@Gintani.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Hey Rod, I thought you wanted the the x-pipe with HFC'S. You will not get a CEL light with HFC'S. Please let me know if i could help with anything else.

Thanks
Alex.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
rod1
Private
Rep

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #12
rod1
Private
Rep

What are the gains/advantages of your ECU upgrade for the x-pipe and HFC's?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #13
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
That means every company that has a catless set up would have to do this. I dont think any company has figured out a way to get the cel off yet on a catless system. Only software so far.
      09-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
What are the gains/advantages of your ECU upgrade for the x-pipe and HFC's?
If u get their x pipe system u should feel some great power increase but in addition you should b able to pick up another 15-20whp with their ECU upgrade.

By the way, their X pipe is very nice, good quality and great power. Trust me I give my car hell and have not had any problem with their x pipe or any of their other products. I track atleast 1-2 times a month so u could imagine how much I push my car.