BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-17-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

PEARL JAM FANS

Anybody here as big a Pearl Jam fan as they are a 1addict? Ilove these guys. Let's hear it.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Love their music.

HATE their politics.

Started watching a MTV HD concert and I think (cue melodrama) they bitched about Bush and America more than they sang.

They have EVERY RIGHT to say what they want, and I have the right not to give them a dime. I will not subsidize their hate for American by enriching them. I will not subsidize ANY actor/artist that bashes our country that bad.

Well OK that's a lie, I would still buy South Park stuff, but would hate myself for doing it.

HEY EDDIE, EDDIE over here! Hey man, isn't America the land where you got filthy rich? Isn't America the land where you can own property and walk the streets without the government telling you what you can sing about and bitch about publicly?

Same with the Dixie Chicks, 'cept they are worse, because they ripped America while standing on foreign soil. Hey Ms. Natalie Maines, if you hate America so damn much they stay the F*** out, don't come home to the "Wide Open Spaces" that made YOU filthy rich!

Hey Eddie and Natalie, if you have all the damn answers, YOU run for office, win and make all these wonderful changes that you are suggesting.

Yeh that's what I thought...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #3
morgie2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible

I couldn't agree with you more. It's funny, I am on their "message pit" which is the same exact set-up as this addicts site. I get in "fights" all the time with people defending the "politics" of one Mr. Eddie Vedder. I absolutely love the music, and they are fantastic to their fans AND charities. Very generous with their money and time. Have you seen them in concert?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
RobLS
Major
Rep
Drives: M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB135i View Post
Love their music.

HATE their politics.

Started watching a MTV HD concert and I think (cue melodrama) they bitched about Bush and America more than they sang.

They have EVERY RIGHT to say what they want, and I have the right not to give them a dime. I will not subsidize their hate for American by enriching them. I will not subsidize ANY actor/artist that bashes our country that bad.

Well OK that's a lie, I would still buy South Park stuff, but would hate myself for doing it.

HEY EDDIE, EDDIE over here! Hey man, isn't America the land where you got filthy rich? Isn't America the land where you can own property and walk the streets without the government telling you what you can sing about and bitch about publicly?

Same with the Dixie Chicks, 'cept they are worse, because they ripped America while standing on foreign soil. Hey Ms. Natalie Maines, if you hate America so damn much they stay the F*** out, don't come home to the "Wide Open Spaces" that made YOU filthy rich!

Hey Eddie and Natalie, if you have all the damn answers, YOU run for office, win and make all these wonderful changes that you are suggesting.

Yeh that's what I thought...
Haha I came into this thread thinking the same thing, someone beat me to it! My step dad went to one of their concerts and they just stopped playing for like 10 mins and preached about all this politics BS.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 08:10 AM   #5
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

No I have never seen them in concert, nor will I.

I will never buy music of theirs or pay for concert tickets. Besides, if I did go to a concert of theirs I would likely burst a vein listening to their propaganda.

Look...I KNOW they are not going to miss my one album sale or a couple concert tickets worth of cash, but I will not pay someone, only to have my own cash be used against what I believe in.

Paying them, or any like them, to in essence oppose me, makes no sense.

I don't buy Heinz Ketchup either!

I can tolerate an occasional snide comment, but enough is enough, just sing dudes.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
corpsman
130 kmh, yeah right.
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Montego,6MT,

Just because an artist or anyone happens to disagree with the president or the direction our country is going does not mean they do not love our country. In fact, if we don't question the government,who will/

"Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither"
Benjamin Franklin 1775
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
corpsman
130 kmh, yeah right.
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Montego,6MT,

What makes America great?
We can all agree to disagree and still remain friends?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

I like 'em too, especially this song.:wink:

Appreciate 0