BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Idle control

So I bring my 08 in yesterday fully knowing the idle control valve is failing since I had it checked before going in. They confirm and tell me they will have the part overnighted and get my car back to me tomorrow. I'm like great cause I didnt even have an appointment. Today they call and tell me that the parts (for which there has been a service bulletin out for a while) have to come from Germany and I'll be without my car till at least next Wednesday and, on top of that, no loaners available. Now why wouldnt BMW have parts here in the US for a known issue? Not very forward looking IMO.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States
Rep

1. I would but the check engine and reduced power was coming on every 10 miles so not much sense. I'm hoping for a loaner tomorrow.

2. BMW sold X number of 08's in the US. Shouldn't they figure on having X number of control valves on hand? Better yet how about a recall and be proactive? I know the manufactures are hurting right now but hey its me we're inconviencing here!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Archon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT AW/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
So I bring my 08 in yesterday fully knowing the idle control valve is failing since I had it checked before going in. They confirm and tell me they will have the part overnighted and get my car back to me tomorrow. I'm like great cause I didnt even have an appointment. Today they call and tell me that the parts (for which there has been a service bulletin out for a while) have to come from Germany and I'll be without my car till at least next Wednesday and, on top of that, no loaners available. Now why wouldnt BMW have parts here in the US for a known issue? Not very forward looking IMO.

Either your dealer is lying or I got the last part. I took my car in for the same reason on Monday. I had the car back Wednesday afternoon.

Good luck, my car runs great.....for now.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States
Rep

I got a 335i loaner yesterday. great car! now i can wait till wednesday.
Appreciate 0