BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #67
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Congrats Vinny! Color and details on the R8? 6MT? Pics?

I'm putting that Akra x-pipe to good use starting this Sunday.

V8 Stasis exhaust sounds ridiculously good in person, by the way. I'm sure you're going to keep it stock though.

Nice enjoy! I freakin LOVE the sound of the Akra!!

I picked up a 2009 v8 r/tronic. Its enroute from Florida and should be here in about 10 days. the challenge was finding a white one and keeping it within my price range after CA bends me over for their share..

Fiance agreed to let me buy it under one condition.. no mods. We agreed that if I make even one tiny mod I owe her $1,000

Last edited by Giggs; 02-02-2013 at 12:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #68
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post

I picked up a 2009 v8 r/tronic. Its enroute from Florida and should be here in about 10 days. the challenge was finding a white one and keeping it within my price range after CA bends me over for their share..

Fiance agreed to let me buy it under one condition.. no mods. We agreed that if I make even one tiny mod I owe her $1,000

I like R8s with work done to them. I was in the same boat in 2010 but opted for an new X5 and M3. The R8 needs too much work for me to be satisfied. Needs a full kit and wheels. Thats $20k. Its just to plain jane all stock.

Congrats if its your dream car.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #69
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:

Awesome.. looks clean. Sounds like maybe a sight unseen deal so I hope everything works out. I was just in Miami last week too -- could have checked it out. Good luck enduring your wait!

I'm trying to remember if the V8 has stock exhaust valves like the V10. If so, you could open those up yourself for some more noise. Your fiance can't possibly hit you up for the $1k on that!

Enjoy it man. Look forward to the comparison.

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:40 AM   #70
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I like R8s with work done to them. I was in the same boat in 2010 but opted for an new X5 and M3. The R8 needs too much work for me to be satisfied. Needs a full kit and wheels. Thats $20k. Its just to plain jane all stock.

Congrats if its your dream car.
Thanks.

I love the M3 modded, but have yet to see an r8 that has been tastefully modded in person. The modded r8s i have seen in pics have been overkill. Its such a rare car that its not a must to mod because you dont see them everyday as with other cars, and it doesnt look like anything else. Same with the GTR, gt3, etc. i do agree however that a supercharger would add some fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
Awesome.. looks clean. Sounds like maybe a sight unseen deal so I hope everything works out. I was just in Miami last week too -- could have checked it out. Good luck enduring your wait!

I'm trying to remember if the V8 has stock exhaust valves like the V10. If so, you could open those up yourself for some more noise. Your fiance can't possibly hit you up for the $1k on that!

Enjoy it man. Look forward to the comparison.
Dang wish I would have known!

The reason for the $1k agreement with her is less about making her happy and more about keeping myself from doing anything to it. With the M, modding was like an addiction without an AA meeting to go to. The forum and meets were like the opposite of AA for the mod bug we'll see what happens..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #71
Nordstat
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
The reason for the $1k agreement with her is less about making her happy and more about keeping myself from doing anything to it. With the M, modding was like an addiction without an AA meeting to go to. The forum and meets were like the opposite of AA for the mod bug we'll see what happens..
My fiance is on the brink of doing the same to me. She appreciates my love for the car and that I want to work on it, but doesn't approve of the cost of doing such mods. Its getting really hard to justify, say, a diffuser by explaining how it will improve airflow and stability at speed. If you find that modders-AA meeting location, do let me know.

I wonder how long you can hold out on the R8...although I don't think they are plain at all, but rather one of the more unique cars on the market. Its tough to mistaken them for anything else. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #72
Uiop
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

R8

OP is comparing two nice sports cars and a super car.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #73
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordstat View Post
My fiance is on the brink of doing the same to me. She appreciates my love for the car and that I want to work on it, but doesn't approve of the cost of doing such mods. Its getting really hard to justify, say, a diffuser by explaining how it will improve airflow and stability at speed. If you find that modders-AA meeting location, do let me know.

I wonder how long you can hold out on the R8...although I don't think they are plain at all, but rather one of the more unique cars on the market. Its tough to mistaken them for anything else. Congrats!
I totally understand what you're going through. I didn't tell my fiance a lot of what I was doing nor the cost - we don't have combined finances. That's why I'm doing all this before we actually get married. I think I found a modders-AA, its called sell your car. However be cautioned, selling the car can lead to depression and eventually alcoholism where you may have to go to actual AA meetings. I strongly advise against it!

Yeah its tough to justify modding a car that is unique, especially when there are only slightly over 4,500 in the US to date. I don't plan on doing a damn thing to it honestly - just insurance and an extended warranty. At the most, new tires (not wheels, just tires).
Appreciate 0