BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-10-2009, 01:45 AM   #397
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Nice and shiny If these are the bad pictures, then I can't wait to see the pics that Eric took. By the way I like the your HID halos, kind makes me wanna change and get the higher kelvin one instead now, too bad they are on the way already.
      05-10-2009, 01:48 AM   #398
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Ya that is a seriously time consuming job but I too would do it just to see the finished product, the cars look amazing after. Did you ever say what all your specs were? What color did you go with anyways?

Sorry I could'nt make yesterday, my nephew was in from out of town and being the good uncle I am I took him shopping for his Bday and so on. We all have to meet really soon.

Now that the $ is rising I am going to pull the trigger on the AVS F7's. Platinum black is going to look amazing!
Platinum black?!? Shiny but subtle, that should be sweet. Can't wait to see it on your ride...
      05-10-2009, 08:23 AM   #399
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Looks good Harbuksh.

Hand applied wax, was that Swissvax?

Jorge is a good guy, almost got my 335xi there, I am not a fan of Edm BMW pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 11:24 AM   #400
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Fentanyl, what temperature range did you go with? You may have mentioned it,but I cannot recall.

Glenn, he did indeed use Swissvax. That stuff smells insanely good. Eric is sending me all the info on regular maintenance (technique, products, etc). Interestingly, he was talking a setup with a pressure washer and chemical treatment/physical filtration which gives soft water that allows for washing at home with spotless drying, kind of like some of the wand wash bays.

The odd thing about this is...I would really like to become adept at this myself. I really find polishing/waxing/regular washing to be relaxing and almost therapeutic. Maybe my plate should have had OCD in it somewhere?

BTW, Glenn, would love to see pics with the new wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #401
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

mmm.... so purdy.... I really want to see how clean this'll look in person and check out the Halos. The 6000K I have is nice but it's wild seeing some of the really high temp ones.

I know I drive my 911 through winter but now that it's nice outside, every time I was the M3 or the 911, I always don't want to drive them for fear of getting them dirty. I have to agree, for me it's almost therapeutic when I was my cars and see the end results. I don't think I have enough time to wax & polish though.
      05-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #402
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

The CR Spotless kit is nice but it is big money. I've considered it but to explain it to the significant other, well gonna have to hard sell it.

I have softened water at home so I rinse with City water but never let it dry.

I'll get some pic of the car and Neez and post them. The rears are insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Fentanyl, what temperature range did you go with? You may have mentioned it,but I cannot recall.

Glenn, he did indeed use Swissvax. That stuff smells insanely good. Eric is sending me all the info on regular maintenance (technique, products, etc). Interestingly, he was talking a setup with a pressure washer and chemical treatment/physical filtration which gives soft water that allows for washing at home with spotless drying, kind of like some of the wand wash bays.

The odd thing about this is...I would really like to become adept at this myself. I really find polishing/waxing/regular washing to be relaxing and almost therapeutic. Maybe my plate should have had OCD in it somewhere?

BTW, Glenn, would love to see pics with the new wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #403
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Spotted black E90 M3 cruising Ellersie Rd around 3:45 PM
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #404
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
The CR Spotless kit is nice but it is big money. I've considered it but to explain it to the significant other, well gonna have to hard sell it.

I have softened water at home so I rinse with City water but never let it dry.

I'll get some pic of the car and Neez and post them. The rears are insane
I know what you mean...just checked out the costs on the CR spotless, but my OCD is a little over the top...going to run a water line to the detached garage and put the CR spotless system in. For anyone familiar with the Terwillegar wand wash (behind Vines for Wines), it has changed ownership a few times and the present owners I think are more concerned with the profit margin than with their water temperature or the concentration of the solutions they use. I plan to take the system with me when I move so I am thinking it will be more of an investment. When you consider it, I usually wash my car once a week in the summer and twice in the winter, times that by two for my wife's car. At $7 a pop, that is anywhere from $14-28 a week. So about 56-112 a month. Over the lifespan of the vehicle (based on my track record, which my wife said needs to change...lol) that system will pay for itself.

Isn't it amazing how well we can talk ourselves into doing things for our M's?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #405
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Belonging to the M3 cult is the best, you guys back me up on everything.

Need a BBK, go for it, software, cats, ridiculous rims, yeah go for it.

This place is the best

Anyone wanna do a mini meet this week in the evening?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #406
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Spotted: Space Grey E92 w/ M6 Wheels parked at Victoria Golf Course this morning.
Black E90 with dark tint all around and stock 18s going from River Valley Road up 105 Street this evening. Both looked amazing.
I'm finding it very hard to see a color I do not like on the M3 right now.

I'm definitely worried that after seeing/hearing everyone's cars in person, it'll be really hard to keep my self control in check. Then again, I was thinking of instead of spending money on mods, I would do the performance driving schools instead this year. Anyways, I would definitely be down for a meet this week depending on the time in the evening.
      05-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #407
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackolo View Post
Spotted: Space Grey E92 w/ M6 Wheels parked at Victoria Golf Course this morning.
Black E90 with dark tint all around and stock 18s going from River Valley Road up 105 Street this evening. Both looked amazing.
I'm finding it very hard to see a color I do not like on the M3 right now.

I'm definitely worried that after seeing/hearing everyone's cars in person, it'll be really hard to keep my self control in check. Then again, I was thinking of instead of spending money on mods, I would do the performance driving schools instead this year. Anyways, I would definitely be down for a meet this week depending on the time in the evening.
Do the M-School and the mods, you'll be addicted to speed after the driving school

Guys, think about he min-meet, like wed or thurs, depending if it snows, I am not kidding on the snow
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #408
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
I know what you mean...just checked out the costs on the CR spotless, but my OCD is a little over the top...going to run a water line to the detached garage and put the CR spotless system in. For anyone familiar with the Terwillegar wand wash (behind Vines for Wines), it has changed ownership a few times and the present owners I think are more concerned with the profit margin than with their water temperature or the concentration of the solutions they use. I plan to take the system with me when I move so I am thinking it will be more of an investment. When you consider it, I usually wash my car once a week in the summer and twice in the winter, times that by two for my wife's car. At $7 a pop, that is anywhere from $14-28 a week. So about 56-112 a month. Over the lifespan of the vehicle (based on my track record, which my wife said needs to change...lol) that system will pay for itself.

Isn't it amazing how well we can talk ourselves into doing things for our M's?
+5000 on the last statement!

Ya then me and a few of the guys from here can come by and wash our cars at your place too Of course we would pay you well

So you are doing full body venture shield? Awesome, your car is going to be mint. I have already noticed some knicks and so on from wearing her in I have a lot of venture shield on my car but not full by any means.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #409
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Belonging to the M3 cult is the best, you guys back me up on everything.

Need a BBK, go for it, software, cats, ridiculous rims, yeah go for it.

This place is the best

Anyone wanna do a mini meet this week in the evening?
Yeah this place raped my wallet thats for sure! Everything was somehow justified... haha

Hey you didn't mention how the AA software was!!

I am down with Thursday night between 7 or 8 since I have a hockey game at 9 and I don't get my car back till then as my custom stereo system is going in on Tuesday Not doing the sub yet, want to here this system system first before we build the custom enclosure.

On another note if I get this AVS F7's (heavily leaning towards them) do you think I should try to sell my stock 19's since I also have a set of 18's for the winter?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #410
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Jeez, impatient crowd...lol. I am sure Eric's pictures will be a lot better. We were kind of rushed near the end as the dealership needed the Mini delivery bay back and we were a little bit past our best before date. Coupled with the ominous clouds overhead, we had to wrap it up quickly.
Your car looks incredible, should have put 2thdr on the plate
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #411
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Yea I ended up getting the 6000k one, it is supposedly on it's way. We'll see how it turns out.

Wow 2thdr looks like u have everything worked out. Sounds like a good buy.

In regards to the mini-meet I will have to pass this week as my ECU is still in transit. ETA this coming Friday. But u guys have fun.
      05-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #412
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Well unless your getting 19' winter tires then you better sell them. That will help offset that credit card statement I would definitely be willing to buy the rubbers from you since I have that damn blister in the front and I know this guy that might be willing to get the rims. Just let me know how it goes.

Last edited by Fentanyl; 05-11-2009 at 12:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 01:03 AM   #413
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
+5000 on the last statement!

Ya then me and a few of the guys from here can come by and wash our cars at your place too Of course we would pay you well

So you are doing full body venture shield? Awesome, your car is going to be mint. I have already noticed some knicks and so on from wearing her in I have a lot of venture shield on my car but not full by any means.
I actually didn't do the full wrap. Ty at Xtreme Tint said his supplier could not get him a large enough piece to completely wrap the hood, but it will extend to within 5" of the edge adjacent to the windshield. I wrapped the fenders fully, the mirrors, the rocker panels, a portion behind each posterior wheel, as well as the A pillars and a 6" strip above the windshield running across the carbon fiber roof.

Quote:
Your car looks incredible, should have put 2thdr on the plate
Thank you Albert! I actually got my handle from seeing it on a Porsche long before I even went into dental school. Just stuck with me. My other choice, which someone else may want to use, was R8D MMM.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:18 AM   #414
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Software is going good. No codes, no issues. My "programmer" cleared my car of codes (hidden ones too) and reset the adaptation so the car is relearning my driving all over again. To be honest it will take time for it to come alive. The adaptation takes a while.

Give it a few days and I suspect it'll get stronger.

The tires and rims alone though make a huge difference, wow.

Albert, sell the 19's unless you plan on a BBK, get the cash.

See if you can sell to the US unless you can get a good buyer up here. Easier to make money on the exchange.

Whenever we get together, I am really excited to see everyone's rides.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #415
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Albert, I got the Paypal for GT Motoring, do you want me to order a MDM T Shirt for you?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 09:26 AM   #416
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

So, informal poll here...which gas do you all use? I have been a committed Petro-Canada Premium user and always found I had really good mileage appear on the computer upon fill up (which I know is not an accurate guage), but also in overall distance on a tank.

I was reading up on this new nitrogen-enriched VPower from Shell. Put a tank in my parents X3 on the weekend. They seem to be getting some respectable distance out of it, but hard to say if it is causally-related. But in my mind, I am starting to think..."if it's good enough for Ferrari..."

So, let's spill the beans...first person to say DOMO will be awarded either the DOMO4ME or GASFOOL personalized license plate.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #417
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I use Shell Vpower premium and then I chuck in some Husky 94 stuff every once in a while.

Is the PetroCan gas Top Tier, I am not sure?

Never, never use Safeway gas, anyone. Damaged my dads car, fouled the plugs. they sell gas that may may meet spec but it is shit gas. Use it for fire starter only. I wouldn't put it in my lawnmower
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #418
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Software is going good. No codes, no issues. My "programmer" cleared my car of codes (hidden ones too) and reset the adaptation so the car is relearning my driving all over again. To be honest it will take time for it to come alive. The adaptation takes a while.

Give it a few days and I suspect it'll get stronger.

The tires and rims alone though make a huge difference, wow.

Albert, sell the 19's unless you plan on a BBK, get the cash.

See if you can sell to the US unless you can get a good buyer up here. Easier to make money on the exchange.

Whenever we get together, I am really excited to see everyone's rides.
Do you think it is necessary to clear the codes? If so can you hook me up with your "programmer"? I'll be getting mine back hopefully on friday.

In regards to the gas, I've only went to petro can so far but I heard the 94 octane from husky is pretty good, just out of the way to get that one for me and not sure if that extra octane will make much of a difference.