BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-14-2013, 03:13 AM   #89
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

i think on bigger tracks, the ctsv would be faster. just like the m5/6 are faster than an m3 on bigger tracks. i wonder how that magnetic ride suspension is.

but the car i just saw was modded..low stance and was planted (we were driving through some twisties on sunset by bel air) and loud ass exhaust.

but on second thought when i was leading he couldnt catch up and then i started pussying out because no reason to get a ticket and he looked real fucking fast. who knows?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #90
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
i think on bigger tracks, the ctsv would be faster. just like the m5/6 are faster than an m3 on bigger tracks. i wonder how that magnetic ride suspension is.

but the car i just saw was modded..low stance and was planted (we were driving through some twisties on sunset by bel air) and loud ass exhaust.

but on second thought when i was leading he couldnt catch up and then i started pussying out because no reason to get a ticket and he looked real fucking fast. who knows?

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #91
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
My friend is on the fence between a Caddy or M3. He says that the Caddy is cheaper to get more power out of it and the BBK is already there. What is keeping him on the fence is that he knows the M3 out performs in the end.

As I have grown older I have started to care less about HP and more about over all performance. I think this is why I went with the M3. The power is still there and I could have gone with something cheaper and boosted the crap out of it but I didn't.

On another note, I may buy a ESS SC and get it tuned by BPM. Power will always be one of the most exhilarating parts of driving a car for enthusiasts.

Did you see my post about the Tesla S? That is one interesting car.

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #92
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT View Post
..we might be living in the tail end of this awesome time period.
Good topic.

I would argue that this is actually the beginning of an even better time period for car enthusiasts.

Manufacturers are starting to place an emphasis on the handling and feel of a car, more than just raw HP. They're taking their performance cars to places like the nurgurgring to tune the car and trying to out do each others lap times, not just 1/4 mile times.

The cars coming out now and slated for future release make me think manufactures are really coming out to play. GM and Toyota are making strides, they're both tired of the Germans getting all the attention

You can get performance versions of cars that are aimed directly at the enthusiast, for example look at the Z/28 Camaro, I applaud GM for selling that car, no AC, no HID's, ready for the racetrack, not just the drag strip...and you still get a warranty.

We finally get a GT-R, the FR-S/BRZ has woken up that segment and I hope we see more cars like that, it's crazy to say that Cadillac is creating something that competes with the M3.
Even the mustang is benchmarking the M3, everyone is getting serious about all around performance, more than just putting a huge engine in a small car and calling it a day.

I only wish that Honda/Acura didn't peak in the late 90's, the landscape now would've been perfect for them
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #93
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

insert self driving BMW videos here ---->
Appreciate 0