BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

01-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Thumbs down John@BMW

So still no word from John@BMW. He still posts on here and he is still checking the boards. I have given you ample time for you to make this right but you ignore me.

I bought these rims from John after reading his advertisement. He said that the offsets were front ET29 and rear ET25. He also stated that these would fit on a car with springs and OEM shocks. When I got the rims I noticed that two hubcentric rings were missing. I PM'ed saying that I never received them. He said he does not have them and he is sure they were shipped. He said that they might have fallen out of the packaging. I am 100% positive these did not fall out of the packaging considering how much tape was used. He said he would send me some rings. As of today I have yet to see such rings. I tried the rims on my car which is running KW Clubsports. They did not fit as they hit the shock. I was surprised that they didn't fit but I was not mad because he advertised them as fitting on stock shocks. One of my friends loved the rims and said he would buy them. I took the rims to his house and began to try them on his car which was on H&R springs and stock shocks. Before we began we both noticed that the ET was 25 all the way around. I PM'ed John to ask him why was this the case. He said the offsets were MILLED from 25 to 29. THIS WAS NOT DISCLOSED IN THE ADVERTISEMENT. If this was disclosed then I would not have bought them. So we tried them on my friends car. They do not fit like he stated and they rub against the shock. I have PM'ed him and I was willing to give him pictures but he has now decided to ignore me. I am posting up the picture here and you tell me if this fits or not. Now I am stuck with wheels that do not fit my car or a stock car. I am stuck with wheels that have MILLED offsets. DO NOT BUY FROM JOHN@BMW.

The original ad can be found on this thread.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323130
      01-22-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

This was the original ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
Up for sale is my set of track wheels and tires.

The wheels are SSR GT2 19x10. The front wheels are +29 offset and the rears are +25 offset.

The wheels are in great shape for 'track wheels' and have NO curb rash on them. The only marks are where the impact gun/sock scores the inside of the wheel bolt 'holes' All the wheels are straight and true-

The tires are Hoosier R6 265/35/19 tires on all 4 wheels. The rear tires are in great shape and have lots of life left in them. The 2 front tires are pretty much used up and one of them is starting to show cord.

These wheels and tires are very light. Both wheel and tire combined weigh 44lbs! That is a very significant savings even over the already amazing OEM 19s-

I just have no use for these so I figure i would make some money and clear the garage

Price 1300 shipped to USA- 1200 dollars picked up in north Atlanta!
Canada and other countries, I will pay 100 dollars towards the shipping cost to you.

If you plan to pay by paypal, please include 3%

What you get- 4 wheels, 4 tires and one free smile.

pictures!

The front left was starting to cord on the inside-

01-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
BMW_03
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 xDrive30i On Order

That sucks man... I don't blame you though, he looked like a legit seller. GL to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNDoN View Post
So still no word from John@BMW. He still posts on here and he is still checking the boards. I have given you ample time for you to make this right but you ignore me.

I bought these rims from John after reading his advertisement. He said that the offsets were front ET29 and rear ET25. He also stated that these would fit on a car with springs and OEM shocks. When I got the rims I noticed that two hubcentric rings were missing. I PM'ed saying that I never received them. He said he does not have them and he is sure they were shipped. He said that they might have fallen out of the packaging. I am 100% positive these did not fall out of the packaging considering how much tape was used. He said he would send me some rings. As of today I have yet to see such rings. I tried the rims on my car which is running KW Clubsports. They did not fit as they hit the shock. I was surprised that they didn't fit but I was not mad because he advertised them as fitting on stock shocks. One of my friends loved the rims and said he would buy them. I took the rims to his house and began to try them on his car which was on H&R springs and stock shocks. Before we began we both noticed that the ET was 25 all the way around. I PM'ed John to ask him why was this the case. He said the offsets were MILLED from 25 to 29. THIS WAS NOT DISCLOSED IN THE ADVERTISEMENT. If this was disclosed then I would not have bought them. So we tried them on my friends car. They do not fit like he stated and they rub against the shock. I have PM'ed him and I was willing to give him pictures but he has now decided to ignore me. I am posting up the picture here and you tell me if this fits or not. Now I am stuck with wheels that do not fit my car or a stock car. I am stuck with wheels that have MILLED offsets. DO NOT BUY FROM JOHN@BMW.

The original ad can be found on this thread.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323130
Wow...

That sucks. I hope John does the right thing here.

BTW: Those wheels are now officially ruined.
      01-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

From my past experience, John's a pretty good guy.

I hope he can get in touch with you asap, so that this situation is resolved.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

I hate dishonest people. You Should get 100% refund!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 07:52 AM   #7
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trier Germany View Post
I hate dishonest people. You Should get 100% refund!
+1 This is complete BS - Guy should be banned.

Sounds like you have made very reasonable attempts to have this made right with no response. Hope you get this sorted. No room for this on this forum - ruins it for the legit sellers.

Also - not sure why someone should be allowed "@BMW" in there handle when they clearly dont work for BMW directly. Can be a little misleading. Just my .02
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #8
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

there seems to be more and more scams.,...they should be banned.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #9
Fanta
C
Canada
Rep
Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by niqui View Post
there seems to be more and more scams.,...they should be banned.
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #10
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
+1 This is complete BS - Guy should be banned.

Sounds like you have made very reasonable attempts to have this made right with no response. Hope you get this sorted. No room for this on this forum - ruins it for the legit sellers.

Also - not sure why someone should be allowed "@BMW" in there handle when they clearly dont work for BMW directly. Can be a little misleading. Just my .02
He used to work for a BMW dealership, hence his username.

Now he's working for UUC, of course.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 04:48 PM   #11
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
He used to work for a BMW dealership, hence his username.

Now he's working for UUC, of course.

That may be, but BMW and a Dealership are not the same thing. He is certainly not doing UUC's reputation any favors either is he. When you choose not to remain anonymous and represent your company, you have to realize that you are now viewed as a representative of that company to the forum's community. As a result of this thread and other's he has posted in, I would not buy from UUC, plain and simple. This guy wouldnt be on my payroll thats for sure!

He can start by making it right with the OP, but even still its going to be a long road to repair his and UUC's reputation in my mind. Actions have consequences unfortunately and some people just dont realize that. There are many people on this board, vendors and others who rep their companies in a very professional manner, he is not one of them. Just my .02
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
That may be, but BMW and a Dealership are not the same thing. He is certainly not doing UUC's reputation any favors either is he. When you choose not to remain anonymous and represent your company, you have to realize that you are now viewed as a representative of that company to the forum's community. As a result of this thread and other's he has posted in, I would not buy from UUC, plain and simple. This guy wouldnt be on my payroll thats for sure!

He can start by making it right with the OP, but even still its going to be a long road to repair his and UUC's reputation in my mind. Actions have consequences unfortunately and some people just dont realize that. There are many people on this board, vendors and others who rep their companies in a very professional manner, he is not one of them. Just my .02
I totally agree. John has been completely dishonest ever since he started working at UUC. Everything to do with the DSSR and their so called fix was a lie. I've spoken to John on many occassions and he seems so nice on the phone, but he never keeps to his word.

Good luck trying to sell another BMW product, UUC.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Time to bust caps and slap chops

If he works for UUC why is he called "John@BMW" - Does he represent and officially speak for BMW on this forum? If not then his name should change. And shouldn't he be a paid vendor?

Plus if he is ripping people off he should be banned, anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 03:52 PM   #14
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Looks like he will be at the following if he does not repond:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...38#post6525838
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IBMW View Post
Looks like he will be at the following if he does not repond:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...38#post6525838
getcha pitchforks and nooses ready
      01-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #16
cj350
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 2009

guys guys guys plz dont react coz someone said something.... DoNDoN I have nothing against you but i Know John and I have met many people who can vouch for him so I am sure there is another side to this story .... apart from that said, all the people who post on this thread please make sure that you have some facts. . . every now and then, from my experience, on many forums, there are some picky buyers that have nothing but complaints for every thing. Now, DoNDoN i am not saying you are one of them but there are people who $itch about everything. So if next time you want something guaranteed, plz buy it directly from a manufacturer and also, that said plz other people who want to chime in and say thats bad, plz respond after the seller speaks his word.........I am sure there is something more to this thread that dondon is not talking abt.............

Last edited by cj350; 01-24-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #17
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj350 View Post
guys guys guys plz dont react coz someone said something.... DoNDoN I have nothing against you but i Know John and I have met many people who can vouch for him so I am sure there is another side to this story .... apart from that said, all the people who post on this thread please make sure that you have some facts. . . every now and then, from my experience, on many forums, there are some picky buyers that have nothing but complaints for every thing. Now, DoNDoN i am not saying you are one of them but there are people who $itch about everything. So if next time you want something guaranteed, plz buy it directly from a manufacturer and also, that said plz other people who want to chime in and say thats bad, plz respond after the seller speaks his word.........I am sure there is something more to this thread that dondon is not talking abt.............
Dude how old are you? You don't know how to put together a paragraph and you are capitalizing/spelling things wrong throughout your whole jumbled reply.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #18
cj350
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Dude how old are you? You don't know how to put together a paragraph and you are capitalizing/spelling things wrong throughout your whole jumbled reply.
Sorry grandpa I will stay out of this hope this problem gets solved......
      01-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #19
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj350 View Post
Sorry grandpa I will stay out of this hope this problem gets solved......
Uh...I'm 19. No grandpa here. Just educated.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #20
EOE90
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Uh...I'm 19. No grandpa here. Just educated.
BAM!
      01-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #21
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I want to change my name to FStop7@Heaven so I can start acting like I represent the will of God.

"Give me your coilovers, God demands it."

"But how do I know you really work for God?"

"It says so right in my username, idiot. Plus I know you touch yourself at night."

"Holy shit I'm sending them to you now, don't send me to hell!"
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2010, 04:17 AM   #22
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I want to change my name to FStop7@Heaven so I can start acting like I represent the will of God.

"Give me your coilovers, God demands it."

"But how do I know you really work for God?"

"It says so right in my username, idiot. Plus I know you touch yourself at night."

"Holy shit I'm sending them to you now, don't send me to hell!"